Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127707 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #960 on: March 28, 2011, 12:17:02 pm »

Also, how did I get grain in a forest?

...damn it.  Read my own map wrong.  Would you accept Game?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 28, 2011, 12:18:00 pm »

Yeah, sounds good.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 28, 2011, 12:18:43 pm »

Fixed, edited it into the turn.

Edit:  Have altered Workshops to be a true secondary industry.

Workshop:  £500.  Requires iron, copper or lumber.  Provides a bonus of 28% to basic income.  Bonus increases by 4% for each resource the workshop has access to; iron, copper, lumber.  Tech:  Machinery I
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:29:53 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 28, 2011, 01:11:37 pm »

If anyone wants I am selling the Adaptive Farming tech for $500 or $600

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 28, 2011, 01:12:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:21 pm »

Right. Upon further thought, I think I will temporary not share my tech with Taricus. It would most likely be best for the both of us if it is not that easy for others to gain it.

I will edit my turn to that effect.

This does not mean I will defiantly not give them to you Taricus, I just need to weigh the risks and benefits of such a action first.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:29:04 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 28, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »

Pillow Killer, out of curiosity is there any effect you are trying to achieve with Construction research?  Otherwise you'll be continuing to research better defensive structures - Masonry techs do improve overall construction ability, but usually need other techs on the side for other types of structures (e.g. Temples need Masonry I + the Temples tech).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 28, 2011, 01:32:10 pm »

Understood Cript, though we'll still share our tech with you.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 28, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »

Not if my arguments sway you guys to why it is such a bad idea.

Hey. Iituem. Can, for instance, the gnomes build farms on Kashyyk land with their adaptive farming and Kashyyks permission?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 28, 2011, 01:35:55 pm »

Rule Clarification:  Units may be lent or traded to one another without the recipient having to possess the technology to build them (though in the case of casters, if they are sold instead of lent or hired they will only have access to those spells the recipient nation knows).  Buildings cannot be constructed in territories using 'borrowed' technology, the builder must know the tech they are using.

Loophole:  If you temporarily trade a territory over to an ally (i.e. give them the territory), that ally can then construct a building with tech you do not have.  If the ally then trades the territory back to you, you will get to keep the building even though you did not have the technology to create it.  Since it takes a turn to construct buildings, the ally will have to keep that territory for the whole turn whilst the building is being constructed.  The ally is under no mechanical obligation to return your territory; that is, if they betray you and keep your territory, I will not make them give it back.

Caveat to Loophole:  Capital territories cannot be given or traded to other nations.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 28, 2011, 01:36:56 pm »

Bam. Tech sharing useless.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 28, 2011, 01:38:29 pm »

Bam. Tech sharing useless.

Only if you are absolutely certain your allies will not betray you.  And if they should be wiped out, their tech will go with them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 28, 2011, 01:41:10 pm »

And pure tehc still are useful to trade (so you can research paratroopers while they research S.E.A.L.S. with the Elite Infantry I pure tech). And if a couple people in the alliance/empire/sewing circle own the tech it means you can "buy" your units from your neighbours instead of someone half a world away.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »

That does not fix the underlying issues at all Sheb. Any tech sharing in the empire will result in it being easier for people outside the empire to gain the tech. Where as if we just trust each other and buy units from one another, there will be no issues.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 28, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »

Well, I guess we'll have to restrict to limited tech sharing. Damn it, tech sharing was one of the main reasons me and Spoon owned everyone in that other Countries At War game.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 125