Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127689 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 5
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2011, 12:19:44 pm »

Even then, See point two.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:52 pm »

Oh stop arguing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 27, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »

It isn't an argument yet, but to curtail one this should be in Fluff anyway.  Staking your claim was relevant to this thread, but posting your prediction of a later game position is not only not relevant, but tactically a terrible idea because it only breeds contempt for the idea that you are the one who can dictate where people should expand to - whether or not that was your intent.

tl;dr - Take it to Fluff.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 27, 2011, 05:46:05 pm »

Kashyyk, Hubris, would you agree to a trade pact?
Certainly. And sorry for the delay.  :-[

Spoiler: Turn 6 (click to show/hide)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »

Ok GM. Time for that turn!
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 27, 2011, 05:53:32 pm »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 27, 2011, 06:04:59 pm »

Stop making pointless posts, adwarf.

Just because you can post doesn't mean you must.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 27, 2011, 06:07:47 pm »

Technically, all of that was pointless anyway...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 27, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »

Technically, all of that was pointless anyway...
SHUTUPMYLOGICISEVERYTINGBLARG![/joke]

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »

Finishing off the turn.  Give it an hour, maybe less, need to double check things and do the fluff on some events.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:45 pm »

I hope something happens to me. Hopefully it'll end postively* .
Meaning I get money

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 27, 2011, 09:10:46 pm »

Turn 6
Winter 1002 A.D.

Events in the World

Shambles (Sordell):  A fresh wave of zombies strikes Farland and Sordell, tearing into the defenseless regions to the north and doing great damage.

Desert Winds (Pomford):  Legions sent to investigate the Zephyr Palace discover an army of illusory soldiers awaiting them.

The Ice Queen (Terrendale):  The white beasts of Terrendale seem quiet for now, but this may just mean they are building their strength.

Spoiler: Free Tempests Republic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies
Infrastructure II:  Improved travel networks increase your Industry Limit to 2/territory.

Masonry II:  Enables construction of Fortifications.

Sorcery [Foundation]:  Enables recruitment of sorcerers.  Sorcery Hero Promotion.

Phantom Warriors:  Allows summoning of phantom warriors.

Quote from: New Buildings
Fortifications:  £500.  Upkeep £20/turn.  Requires and replaces Walls.  Provides a bonus of +10 to defense vs non-fliers within the territory.  Tech: Masonry II.

Quote from: New Units
Phantom Warriors are an Illusion unit; their attacks and defences are all figments of the imagination.  Against illusion-immune units or units with True Sight or a similar method of seeing what is really there, Illusion units have an attack and defense rating of 0.

Sorcerer:  £1200.  Attack 9, Defence 9.  Upkeep £100/turn.  Caster[Sorcery], Support.  Tech:  Sorcery [Foundation]
Sorcerers dabble in those facets of magic which deal with smoke and air, movement, perception and the mind, as well as the principles that underlie all magic.

Phantom Warriors:  £260.  Attack 15, Defence 15.  Upkeep £25/turn.  Illusion, Summoned (Sorcery).  Tech: Phantom Warriors
A legion of insubstantial, illusory soldiers whose attacks harm only those that cannot see the truth.

Quote from: New Hero Promotions
Sorcerer:  As necromancer/warlock promotions, enabling Sorcery spellcasting.

Quote from: Balance Changes
All unit purchase values (but not upkeep values) have been adjusted.  Check the OP for details.  Weaker units are now more expensive, stronger units are now cheaper.

Walls and Fortifications are getting their purchase costs reduced to £300 and £500 respectively.  Upkeep costs and defense bonuses remain the same.

Heroes are being rebalanced slightly.  Hero units still cost £1000 to hire and have an upkeep of £50/turn, but now provide a general bonus to attack/defence of +8 to their stacked units.  In other words, spearmen stacked with even weak heroes are effectively doubled in strength (making them comparable to normal units).  Contrast Castles (Masonry III), which will have cost a total of £1500 to build but provide +15 to defense and have an upkeep of £40/turn.

The following promotions are being rebalanced:

Guerilla:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise laying ambushes and fighting defensively as a footsoldier.  His defensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 6.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Raider:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero trains for quick charges and brutal attacks during raids as a footsoldier.  His offensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 6.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Ranger:  £800.  Increases upkeep by £40.  The hero gains expertise fighting with ranged weaponry such as javelins and bows.  His offensive and defensive bonuses to leading ranged units increase by 6.  Tech:  Ranged Training I.

Quote from: Mechanics Changes
It is now a valid option to deny export of a resource from your borders during trade.  Each resource you attempt to deny export of will reduce trade bonuses to and from your empire by 3% from the base of 10% (i.e. 7%, 4%, 1%).  Denial of more than three resources simply closes your borders and prohibits all trade.

Quote from: New and Altered Mechanics
Loyalty

Loyalty is a new 'hidden' stat for territories.  A new neutral territory will generally have a Loyalty of 0.  Loyalty may be raised, primarily through constructing different buildings; religious and cultural buildings (entertainment buildings, essentially) will raise Loyalty in a region.  Having a state religion will also raise Loyalty in a region.  Loyalty has two main effects:

Upkeep Reduction:  Happier, or at least more loyal citizens are willing to work for less out of a sense of patriotism.  Every point of loyalty decreases upkeep for buildings and units in that region by a certain percentage.  Negative loyalty will increase upkeep accordingly.

Subversion Resistance:  Certain units such as diplomats will gain the ability to sabotage or convert units or regions over to their side (requires research).  High loyalty decreases the chances of success.  Negative loyalty increases it.

Loyalty can be lowered through outside intervention.  Units such as diplomats can lower loyalty by inciting rebellion amongst the populace.  Being raided by neutral troops or rival troops who do not conquer the region will also lower loyalty.

Newly captured regions have their base loyalty set back to 0, after which bonuses from buildings etc will be re-applied.  There is a 50% chance per building for cultural or religious buildings that they will be destroyed if the region is captured by military force.  Subverted or traded regions will suffer no such risk.

Raiding

It is now a valid option to raid territories without conquering them.  If you do not particularly care to own and have to defend more territory, you can send troops to raid a neighbouring territory instead.  Provided you defeat any defenders, or if the territory is undefended, your troops will retreat back to the territory they attacked from and you will steal the entire turn's income from the raided territory.  Raiding will also lower the loyalty of the region.

Retreat

There is now a 20% chance that wounded troops on the losing side of a battle will retreat to a neighbouring friendly territory.  The retreat chance is higher for flying units and cavalry.  If the nearest friendly territory is not adjacent, but there is a clear path and the unit has sufficient move left to reach it, the unit will also retreat to that territory.  If there are no friendly territories nearby, the units cannot retreat.  There is also a 5% chance per wounded unit that the victors will capture them intact for their own army.

Caveat:  This applies to neutral territories as well, so beware of neutral troops retreating to other regions.

Masking

A slight change to the 'masking' rule for moving through one hostile territory to attack another.  To mask the advance of an army, you need only supply the same number of troops in the masking attack as there are defenders, and the masking effort succeeds whether or not they win the battle.  In other words, it is perfectly valid to send three units of expendable shock troops to 'tie up' the three elite marksmen in the castle in Territory A whilst the rest of the army goes on to Territory B, even though it is almost certain the shock troops will all die.

Forges & Smithies

Forges and Smithies have been rebalanced according to a new equation.  Both are now cheaper to construct and give much higher returns, but their returns are based off the basic economy of a territory.  They may give substandard returns until economies are improved to a certain point.

Forge:  £400.  Requires mines.  Generates an industry bonus of 32% over basic income per turn.  Stacks with but does not multiply with any other industry bonuses.  Tech: Metalworking I (Public)  If main industry is mining, does not take up an industry slot.

Smithy:  £600.  Requires and replaces forge.  Increases bonus to basic income from +32% to +50%.  Bonus increases by a further +4% for each of the following resources it has access to; Iron, Coal.  Bonus increases by a further +6% for the following resources it has access to; Copper, Silver, Gold.  Tech:  Metalworking II.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:31:13 pm by Iituem »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 27, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

:D

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #913 on: March 27, 2011, 09:19:49 pm »

Harticus, I shall pay back the farmers that got their property destroyed myself. I do feel responsible for their loss, seeing as I took your troops away.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 6
« Reply #914 on: March 27, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 7 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:42:41 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 125