Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127466 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 4
« Reply #705 on: March 23, 2011, 04:15:48 am »

Comment about resources... This leads me to another question actually. Can certain resources be transplanted/spread? For example, say I had horses.. Could I then pay a significant fee to move my Horses to another province(for strategic/defense purposes), or split the herd so as to have the resource in multiple places?
Of course I'd only expect this to be possible with a few resources, such as horses, sheep, Possibly Grain as well.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 23, 2011, 04:27:18 am »

No.  Resources based around living things (horses, cattle, grain, fish) represent not only the presence of those resources but the conditions that allow them to prosper.  Horses are found on the Cauldron steppe not because that is simply where they are but because that region is perfectly suited to raising them.  If you transplant them to another area you can certainly raise and keep them (and this is why you can build horses in any region once you have access to the Horse resource), but the conditions will not be sufficient for them to thrive.  In the same way that Adaptive Farming lets you build farms in any territory, the areas with grain or similar are best suited to farms and do not need that added technology for the benefit - you will of course transport grain from the Grain source to these other territories (or grow mushrooms underground there, whatever) but only the heartland of the Grain resource will ever be as perfectly suited to its production.

Think of it as like trying to grow wine in the Scottish Highlands vs Gascony.  You can, but you can't make a region-dominating industry out of it.  Gascony is so perfectly suited to wine production that it has been famous for it for two thousand years.  Parts of Britain and New Zealand are famous for their sheep, despite the fact that sheep were brought in from abroad.  Resources represent conditions as much as they do the resource themselves.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 23, 2011, 07:44:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:41 am »

So, for a time reference, when did the wizard cast the great spell and when did he take over the Isles of tempests?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 23, 2011, 11:36:56 am »

Spoiler: Turn 5 (click to show/hide)

Also, what does thos 2 spearmen and 1 light Macemen under Southern Brent mean? And why can't I use the trirem yet?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:11:27 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:28 am »

Ah.... Sheb? You know that only thirty into research is pretty much throwing money away? It makes it 33 times harder to get, which will most likely put it out of range and 30 is no were near enough for a bonus next turn.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 23, 2011, 11:43:13 am »

Sheb was devastated at the news of his son's capture. The northerner were known as the fiercer of the Brentians, and who knews what they'll do to him? Immediately, he ordered his clansmen to muster all the forces they could and to create a great host to bring his son back. Reluctantly, he also called on his faithful vassal the Gnomes, asking them for any troops they could spare.

Finally, he sent a message to the Bear Man of the forests, asking for his help in those hard times, ready to offer anything to see his son again.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 23, 2011, 11:44:48 am »

Ah.... Sheb? You know that only thirty into research is pretty much throwing money away? It makes it 33 times harder to get, which will most likely put it out of range and 30 is no were near enough for a bonus next turn.

Yup, I just don't like to have money left. I'll invest it into the economy instead.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 23, 2011, 11:48:33 am »

And why can't I use the trirem yet?

You ordered the caravan loaded on the trireme the same turn you ordered the trireme constructed, units can only be used the turn after they are construted.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:10 am »

So I need one turn to build it, one turn to load the caravan and one turn to move?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 23, 2011, 12:00:22 pm »

I'd say you could load and move in the same turn? I don't know though, ask IusioNvwoa(I can never spell it right).

You need one turn to build it yes don't know about rest.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 23, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »

I think you're able to load and move it this turn. You just couldn't load while you were building it.

Ninja'd. Yeh, What Spoon said.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 23, 2011, 12:02:21 pm »

Yeah, I though that too, but in my turn it says I can't.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:38 pm »

As I said earlier, that was in reference to your attemts to load the trireme the same turn you ordered it built. You cannot build and load the the trireme in the same turn. You cannot build and anything a specific unit in the same turn. You can build the trireme, and then next load it with the caravan and then ferry the caravan to wherever.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 23, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »

Okay, sorry then.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 125