Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127420 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #645 on: March 22, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

Oi, Fluff thread for these arguements.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 22, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »

I am a bit skeptic as to why people whould enslave Gnomes. If they used them for house labour or accounting, then they wouldn't be angry at all!

The gnomes were grand mechanics, and almost had the skill to rival the metalworing of dwarves. They were master farmers, and good hunters.

Past tense.  Your people were once great in these respects, but centuries of degradation have left you a shell of your former culture.  I'm saying this because you saying all that when you don't yet have the tech to back it up doesn't really ring true.  So we can say that was your cultural heritage and the aim of your people.

And yes, fluff thread for these arguments.  Particularly if you are not a farmer or have an in-depth knowledge of agriculture.

Turn up in less an an hour, with any luck.  Just writing up the rules for Heroes.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 22, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »

I am a bit skeptic as to why people whould enslave Gnomes. If they used them for house labour or accounting, then they wouldn't be angry at all!

The gnomes were grand mechanics, and almost had the skill to rival the metalworing of dwarves. They were master farmers, and good hunters.

Past tense.  Your people were once great in these respects, but centuries of degradation have left you a shell of your former culture.  I'm saying this because you saying all that when you don't yet have the tech to back it up doesn't really ring true.  So we can say that was your cultural heritage and the aim of your people.

And yes, fluff thread for these arguments.  Particularly if you are not a farmer or have an in-depth knowledge of agriculture.

Turn up in less an an hour, with any luck.  Just writing up the rules for Heroes.

Thats what I meant I was about to explain that in my fluff.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 22, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

cool we're all here :) hubris, you up for that trade agreement?

Yes, that would be wonderful. What resources would you give me for a quarter of my gold-profits per turn?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 22, 2011, 03:56:35 pm »

I can provide lumber, grain and game :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

Shall I count that as a trade agreement for this turn, then?  It's ready to post.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »

I say yes, and lets assume hubris does for now. Cos, hey, free money :D

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »

Yes.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 4
« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »

Turn 4
Summer 1002 A.D.

Arcanus turns and its people continue to thrive.  The first region is unified, a rare occurence since the fall of the Empire.  Many wonder if it will last.

Events in the World

Shambles (Sordell):  The rumours of trouble over in Western Sornell continue until they spill over the border into Central Farland.  A horde of the walking dead slowly shamble their way across the hills, tearing down villages and killing and eating gnomes and humans alike until they stumble upon one of the defensive positions held by the recent occupying army.  The defending macemen are able to scatter and eventually destroy all the invading zombies, but suffer some casualties in the process.

Code: (Skirmish!) [Select]
A Farlander Light Macemen has defeated a Horde Zombies, but sustained heavy damage.  [67 vs 66]
Fireflies (Terret/Storm):  Explorers sent to investigate the caverns at West Terret bring back burned friends and news of strange blazing lights that attack those who go near, and some undescribed object of power that they seem to be attracted to.  Though harmed greatly in the skirmish, the explorers defeated some of the fireflies as well.  Cattle losses have decreased and no huts have been burned since the skirmish.

Foul Omens (Foul):  The hive responsible for the dark powers has been discovered and drones sent to uncover its secrets.

Desert Winds (Pomford):  The temple remains silent for now, but there are rumours of disappearances amongst the nomad bands - nothing out of the usual, but their frequency has increased.

The Ice Queen (Terrendale):  Word over the borders with Terrendale suggest that the strange beasts, resembling semi-upright white bears, have begun searching further and further afield for food.

Bearskin (Brent):  Bearskin has approached the McBrents and given them his terms.

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyyk) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics Changes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:40:03 pm by Iituem »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

How much does an underground farm cost ?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2011, 04:27:26 pm »

Couple of big changes there, which will have to wait until later for me to add them to the OP.

Unification Bonuses:  Reuniting a complete territory (such as Garnlish) will grant you a one-off bonus, usually tribute (cash) or technology.  This only counts for the first person to completely reunite a territory of course.

Heroes:  Heroes are 'in', but not coded.  £1000 and £50/turn basic upkeep to hire one, they're attached to other units and give them combat bonuses.  Bog standard Heroes give a +3 to attack and defence for any unit they are stacked with.  Promotions increase their upkeep but also their bonuses.  Promotions can also give them special abilities (such as being able to act as a diplomat or caster).

Spellcasting:  Right now, the only active spells are Curses.  Curses act like units, but cannot be 'built' (cast) unless there is a caster (necromancer in this case) in the territory they are cast in.  This will be a fixture of all magic - you will not be able to do it without caster units, but it may give you some shortcuts over mundane technology.  Think of it as having to have an extra unit dependence in exchange for shorter tech progressions.

Underground farms cost as much as normal farms and can be built anywhere, sorry if I didn't make that clear.  They still count towards industry limits.  Your underground farms are really the 'Adaptive Farming I' technology, because I like to re-use techs to accomplish the same ends where I can.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »

Territories

Farland Wes (£574/turn):  Palace, Farms.  [Grain]
 (+£29/turn from grain)
 (+£100: Farm)

Farland Sou (£159/turn):  -

Farland Cen (£15/turn):  2+1 light macemen.  [Sheep]  (upk: -£150)
 (+£1/turn from sheep)

Finances:

Cash Reserves:  £0
Revenue:  +£862
Trade Pact (Arcadia):  +£85  (Access Lumber, Game)
Loot:  +£30
Upkeep:  -£150  [3 light macemen]

Total:  £817

Construction/Recuitment:
None

Research:
$817 - Necromancy

Troop Movement:
None

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2011, 05:03:23 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 5 (click to show/hide)

At last, our people are reunited. Our people are safe, our people are strong. It is time now to end our age old dispute with the elves of Sordell. Cowards and traitors, the lot of them. Living in their mountain homes, preaching their 'respect' for nature, whilst destroying it themselves. And then they dare to accuse others of being disrespectful, whilst doing less than them! We had our respect, not a single part of nature goes unwasted, and for that they condemned us. No longer. It is time they are taught the true meaning of respect for nature!
 - Lady Alexia von Kashna

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 5 (click to show/hide)

Questions:

1: Did I miss the answer to the question of can I change my fractions name?

2: I had another but I forgot.

Edit: Changed where the new troops come from.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:12:37 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 125