Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127379 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #615 on: March 21, 2011, 06:34:54 am »

May your forces be victorious Emperor Spoon. Lets hope that theres no repeat of your last invasion eh?

Also Sheb, you raise an interesting question. Should heroes improve, or should they be static? I'd support some level of improvement although, Im not supportive of an experience type system. Perhaps training that is expensive in terms of time/cash?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 21, 2011, 06:54:01 am »

Yeah, that was a bit of a disaster, we thank you for your good wishes. We expect west ichor to be less heavily defended than lower foul however.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 21, 2011, 09:07:53 am »

Alright, off until later today but once we get hubris' turn we should be good to go.  If you have made any trade agreements, alliances or feudal obligations this turn, please restate them now so my list is up to date (particularly trade agreements as I need to take those into account with the math).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 21, 2011, 09:09:30 am »

Phantom and Adwarf are my vassals.

As for heroes, they should definitely improve or they will get outclassed by normal units. Maybe special quests for items that improve them?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 21, 2011, 09:12:14 am »

I'll have a proper draft of how I've decided do heroes this evening, but the short version is that they will attach to other units to give them leadership bonuses.  The basic Hero's bonus will be to everything, but will be quite weak.  When certain technologies become available, they will provide (in addition to whatever other usual bonuses) Promotion options, which will cost money and increase the Hero's upkeep but also increase their leadership bonuses or give them new abilities.

You may be able to acquire a Hero as an event reward, but you should be able to recruit them yourselves, or to capture them from other players (if you defeat their armies).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 21, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »

Alright, it's not actually been 48 hours since the last turn, so shall I avoid doing the turn until tomorrow if hubris doesn't make one in the next few hours?  Choose carefully, because this sets the precedent for anyone else who's the last one through.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 21, 2011, 02:08:32 pm »

give him a bit more time. RL gets in the way sometimes :)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 21, 2011, 02:10:17 pm »

Phantom and Adwarf are my vassals.

Acaully, Phantom was trying to get an alliance with you, not a vassage. He just threw the wrong term around.

Led to a few pages of arguement.

Edit: And seeing as we are at war with adwarf, this leads to a bit of pickle. ( Yes. We are at war with adwarf. We aren't just doing anything about it yet. )
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:40:11 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 21, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »

No, Phantom was going for a vassalage and he laid out a clearly defined contract (you give me territory, I supply you with troops).  What followed were several pages of confusing and largely irrelevant diatrabe over the validity of the term 'vassalage', which led to confusion on my part as to whether or not that contract of vassalage as stated was still in effect, had been renounced, or had been upgraded to full alliance.

This is the reason I am now asking for an update on everyone's trade agreements, alliances or oaths of fealty as appropriate.  Too much noise getting in the way of the information.

Also, we'll wait the full 48 hours (which means another 24 or so for him), since you did all wait 48 for me.  And will again, come Wednesday/Thursday.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 21, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »

Hey! More Lore for your lore-y enjoyment.

Spoiler:  Feral (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Slavery (click to show/hide)

(( Note: Before you say that I ripped off adwarfs idea of a "revolution", be aware that the Ariani people are still not completely free, rather, they are in much better conditions then they were in as slaves. Also, the Ariani make SENSE to enslave. Unlike the tiny people who seem that they can barely lift their weapons. (Yes, I am looking at you adwarf.) ))

Edit: I'ma making a chart of current relations. Give me some some time.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:46:35 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 21, 2011, 02:44:27 pm »

Spoiler it please.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 21, 2011, 02:46:25 pm »

Better, Taricus?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 21, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »

Yes, much cleaner now.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 21, 2011, 03:02:01 pm »

I wouldn't mind a bit of background on the enslavement of the Farlander gnomes in the past, if any, or whether they were/feel they were unfairly oppressed by larger sorts.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 21, 2011, 03:04:53 pm »

Could we have a spoiler containing the descriptions of our cultures on the first page?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 125