Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127503 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

Now all we need is anti anti Cavalry Cavalry Cavalry.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2011, 03:56:55 pm »

Yes, I see your reasoning. However, if you have the biggest land animal on earth failing around in the middle of enemy lines, I think they may cause more damage then a heavy cav charge. Because in RL, heavly armoured soldiers (Possibly with spears, which makes it all the better) could easily take a heavy cav charge. On the other hand, its easy for an elephant to toss you around like a chew toy, no matter how much armour you have on. Putting up spears won't save you, unless you get lucky and get it in the head. But then again, thats why they have armour put on them. You can also put far more armour on them, making them much harder to kill than horses, and they were already like that without the armour!

In short, I think a Elephant charge would cause significantly more damage then a heavy cav charge.

I think I am create Super Powered Armoured Elephants with archers on top of them later. If my reasoning doesn't change their attack, this damit will.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2011, 03:58:44 pm »

Until you lost control of the elephant...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2011, 03:59:50 pm »

There would be more hourses though.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

Really thing I know that can beat them are mounted archers.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »

I can think of Horse Mounted Javelin Throwers. Those would works better than tiny sticks.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:48 pm »

There is also Legolas

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:12 pm »

Hahaha no. Those are two different things.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2011, 04:05:39 pm »

I can think of Horse Mounted Javelin Throwers. Those would works better than tiny sticks.
Can't get too close to them, otherwise the troops supporting them will get you.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:52 pm »

Hahaha no. Those are two different things.

If he does introduce hero units then you could use him to take down the elephants

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:19 pm »

Yeah, but are any of us Elves? Or with suitable hero units? Not all of our Leaders are Soldiers.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »

I have elves. no heroes though...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2011, 04:10:44 pm »

There is also Legolas
Sorry to break this to you, but elephants aren't as big as they are in LotR. They are much smaller then that.

Legolas killing one elephant at a time when we are talking about LEGIONS of elephants. Think about it.

Until you lost control of the elephant...

If your in the middle of enemy soldiers, I don't think it matters if you can control them or not anymore.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:13:35 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:59 pm »

Yeah, but are any of us Elves? Or with suitable hero units? Not all of our Leaders are Soldiers.

Lucky for me I am a rebulblic, so I can vote in a soldier if need be.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2011, 04:14:26 pm »

Yes, I see your reasoning. However, if you have the biggest land animal on earth failing around in the middle of enemy lines, I think they may cause more damage then a heavy cav charge. Because in RL, heavly armoured soldiers (Possibly with spears, which makes it all the better) could easily take a heavy cav charge. On the other hand, its easy for an elephant to toss you around like a chew toy, no matter how much armour you have on. Putting up spears won't save you, unless you get lucky and get it in the head. But then again, thats why they have armour put on them. You can also put far more armour on them, making them much harder to kill than horses, and they were already like that without the armour!

In short, I think a Elephant charge would cause significantly more damage then a heavy cav charge.

I think I am create Super Powered Armoured Elephants with archers on top of them later. If my reasoning doesn't change their attack, this damit will.

Your reasoning will almost never change a balance or power level decision I make, and then only if it points out a flaw in my logic from a mechanical side, not a flavour side*.  But yes, you can research more heavily armoured/more dangerous versions of war elephants.

*For example, pointing out how broken spearmen were in the first iteration.  There are still some tweaks that need making to balance, though.  In any case, you can only convince me to make units more balanced, not less, and I tend towards things being nerfed over superpowered.  I will keep balancing this game as we go along, but I won't make changes retroactive.

I am extremely loathe to give numbers because it leads to lawyering, but the rule of thumb is that the detachment of elephantry you raise will be less in number than the same amount of force in heavy cav.  Imagine less elephants, but bigger.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 125