Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127485 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2011, 11:40:42 am »

JF, I got the impression that the others don't want to gank adwarf. At least not right now, although War Elephants of DOOM do sound pretty awesome.

We all want him dead. We just won't do it right now. You may regret this, seeing as we are not helping any potenital allies of Adwarf because we are embargo-ing him
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:02 am »

JF, I got the impression that the others don't want to gank adwarf. At least not right now, although War Elephants of DOOM do sound pretty awesome.

adwarf, a Full Alliance I can't accept. Some sort of Mutual Protection I can go with though.

Its more of a non-agression treaty, and agreement to tell the other before you break it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:05 am »

Its more of a non-agression treaty, and agreement to tell the other before you break it.

Sure, I can do that.

You may regret this, seeing as we are not helping any potenital allies of Adwarf because we are embargo-ing him

I have an entire continent to acquire resources from. I'm sure there's enough. Hell, I could probably find some bear cavalry somewhere.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 20, 2011, 11:47:25 am »

We all want him dead. We just won't do it right now. You may regret this, seeing as we are not helping any potenital allies of Adwarf because we are embargo-ing him

I am shaking in  my boots. [/Sarcasm]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:27 am »

Please stop aggravating him. Sure we'll have forewarning if he tries to attack, but I'd still rather not have to waste a player army yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:43 am »

Can I change my name to The Free Terret Republic? When I started the idea was the wipe out Taricus in a quick and brutal war.

Now since that is not going to happen It might be time to change the idea of the kingdom yesh?

Edit even better: The Free Tempests Republic.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:56:43 am by Criptfeind »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 20, 2011, 11:56:10 am »

I am shaking in  my boots. [/Sarcasm]

Well, when we end up with Iron and possibly Steel, and you don't have any metals, your'll change your tune.

Edit even better: The Free Tempests Republic.

Dude, that is an awsome name.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:59:10 am by Johnfalcon99977 »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, a nice start, JF, as soon as I grab Animal Husbandry I'll hand you it for the Elephants.

And as for Adwarf, I condone any threats against him for now. If you think of doing the act, you must do it without any unnecessary comments. However, I do not condone actually attacking him or twisting people behind his back to attack him.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:12 pm »

More over when we get to the point where it is ether trade with you or not that is going to be hundreds if not thousands of pounds, it should equal you losing about 30% of your income.

But hey, apparently the need to do something burned so bright that it was this or a attack on you.

Hum, in this research thing, I should make agriculture II then yesh?

Assuming I don't get any more losses (or 'victories' like that last battle) I will start on that soon.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2011, 12:04:53 pm »

You mean pyrrhic victories?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:30 pm »

Yes. But that was not as funny sounding in my head as 'victories'.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

Thats fine by me.

Edit: I like how Elephants just seem to be copies of Heavy Cavalry. You know, I would've thought that HUGE FRIKEN ELEPHANTS would be somewhat more powerful then a horseman with armour on it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:19:47 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2011, 03:27:57 pm »

They are anti Cavalry Cavalry

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »

Should I do the honour of sigging that?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2011, 03:44:57 pm »

Thats fine by me.

Edit: I like how Elephants just seem to be copies of Heavy Cavalry. You know, I would've thought that HUGE FRIKEN ELEPHANTS would be somewhat more powerful then a horseman with armour on it.

Truthfully, elephants are not as great at anti-infantry as people imagine.  Once the initial shock and awe of seeing one wears off (especially in veteran troops), elephants can become as much trouble as they are an aid due to the difficulty of controlling them.  I decided that although their ability vs infantry would be comparable to heavy cavalry (30 vs infantry, attack or defence), giving them an anti-cav advantage would make it worth the added cost of purchase.  NB:  Upkeep costs are the same as well.  Over a long period, upkeep is what will particularly set you back, so once again balance issues had to be considered.

I'm adding to the engine this evening to have it do some extra calculations for me, but if I get the rest of the turns through I should be able to do the turn tonight.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125