Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127571 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 1
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2011, 01:27:40 pm »

Send Emissaries to Grouting N. and Grouting W. demanding with an ultimatum that either they pledge their allegiance or they risk the same fate as Grouting E.

We can do that  :o

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »

Yes, and I will allow trade routes to extend through trade partners.  So e.g. if Nation A is connected to Nation B by a trade route, Nation B is connected to Nation C by a trade route but Nations A and C are in unconnected parts of the world, A and C can have a trade route that passes through B.

Caveat:  If B breaks off their trade route with either A or C in this situation, the disconnected partner would not only lose trade with both parties but any resources gained.

To clarify the original point:  If 1) A and C are not trading with each other, 2) A and C both trade with B, and 3) C has iron, then A will get iron through B's connections.

I will update the rules on trade to reflect this and some other issues later tonight.

Criptfeind:  He can try.  Since nobody has researched diplomatic technologies, I gave him an arbitrary 5% chance of succeeding based on his relative army size and the fact that his 'diplomats' were completely untrained.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »

Weeeeeeellll Is there any downside to failing? Even at 5% a maybe cost free way to take a territory sounds sweet.

If not, I will send diplomats to Terret and Astrid east.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

Indeed, I'm updating my actions too.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2011, 02:06:06 pm »

Weeeeeeellll Is there any downside to failing? Even at 5% a maybe cost free way to take a territory sounds sweet.

If not, I will send diplomats to Terret and Astrid east.

Yes - there is a 30% chance they will send raiders to attack you.  Still sure about those diplomatic offings?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:01 pm »

And thus not.

No wait, will these raiders come from their normal troops or will they just appear? If it is from the normal troops that is great, I have a much better defense then a offence.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:10:54 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:30 pm »

Hm.  Normal troops.  They will have the opportunity to replace lost troops after a certain number of turns (based on their income - essentially they just have to save up the money for the new troops).  So yes, I suppose that would count as a valid strategy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »

Also I agree to the trade agreement.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:34 pm »

Yes - there is a 30% chance they will send raiders to attack you.  Still sure about those diplomatic offings?

Hmm, maybe not while I only have 1 able unit per territory ;)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2011, 03:08:04 pm »

A Diplomatic message, to The Foul Empire
Greetings Emperor Spoon.
Your proposal of cooperation in this new age, is met with approval. We would be more than willing to assist you in the formation of a trade route between our nations. We must merely manage to create a pathway through the old empire. Bribery would be best and my people would be more than willing to pay a part of the cost to establish such a pathway.
-The Traveler

At yknow, some other turn though, If you should fail. If your attempt succeeds however, you'll be making a large amount thanks to your caravan. If not, we can both try next turn.
Ssh, I had plans.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:22:35 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »

Turn 2 - The Wealth of Nations
Summer 1001 A.D.

In the wake of bouts of initial warfare and expansion, fiefdoms across the world turn to treatying and politics to fill their coffers.

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies

Adaptive Farming I:  Allows construction of Farms without requiring grain.  Does not allow improvement of Farms without research both into advanced Agriculture and Adaptive Farming.
Making the most of marginal land or specially fertilising other areas, adaptive farming is all about adjusting to less-than-ideal environments.  Some farmers have even learned to farm underground!

Quote from: Balance & Game Changes

Added a new Public Domain technology ('Sea Travel I'), a new industry building ('Fishery') and a new resource ('Fish').  Additionally the 'wound margin' on battles has decreased from 20 to 12; i.e. a unit now only needs to succeed by a margin of 12 to completely destroy its opponent rather than suffer mutual wounding.  This should make more advanced weaponry and troops more valuable, though zerg rush tactics will still be viable in these early stages.

Sea Travel I:  Allows construction of Triremes and Fisheries.  (Public Domain)

Fishery:  £500.  Requires Fish or similar.  Generates £100/turn.  Prereq: Sea Travel I

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:16:20 am by Iituem »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 2
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2011, 04:38:35 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:07 pm »

I assume all injured units have had their R&R and can now be used again?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2011, 04:46:32 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 3 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 125