Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127479 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17:13 pm »

Yeah, I guess your right. This is a game, not real life.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »

Until you lost control of the elephant...

If your in the middle of enemy soldiers, I don't think it matters if you can control them or not anymore.

In fact, this is the preferred method of using elephants - point them at the enemy and hope.  The problem came when the Roman legions realised that all you needed to do was order your men to open up a clear path for the elephants to run through and eventually they would turn around and run back to trample their own side.

And now I am calling a moratorium on that discussion - it does not matter how much you lawyer it, I am not going to change the numbers on this because I feel they are balanced enough for now.  I may consider upping the anti-cavalry bonus after battle testing, but I make no promises.  Let it be.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »

Hey, Iituem, I got two questions.

1. May I research Javelin Throwers? If so, with what pure tech?

2. What is your stance on Hero Units?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:35 pm »

What would ranged cavalry negate?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19:07 pm »

Now all ypu need to do is reasearch growth magic and you'll have an army of olophaunts in no time :P
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:31 pm »

No. I am not ripping off LotR. In fact, I have already made it clear that the Aniari are NOT magic users. They have a large number of troubles with it, and so they perfer to stick to pratical methods, exempting rituals, mass prayers, and the sort.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2011, 04:23:25 pm »

Yeah. That was a bad idea on my part no?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

Lady Alexia, Harticus (Kashykk and Adwarf), I offer you a contract of vassalage. If you agree to send some of your men to serve under my banner when the times of war come, I'll assure your protection and eventually grant you land. And of course, trade rights for your merchants.

Harticus, if you agree, I shall send my caravan immediately ((Iituem, it can hop through one ocean zone, right?)).

Speaker Fredrick the Red, I am honoured by your offer to join the Western Alliance, bit I must refuse. Not only is my land far from yours, but I also feel far in spirit from some of your members. I do not wish to assemble with insulting, aggressive beasts without honor or education. I have however the most profound respect for you and some other members and wish to negociate trade rights with you. Would you agrre to let a caravan of my merchants into your ports?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Iituem, how long does a turn last? This is only for roleplaying reasons, but I do not intend my leader to live forever. :p)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »

I fiqured out my research for next turn.

Gnomish Wolf Riders.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:32 pm »

Honestly, I don't know if I'm even going to use Pure Tech for a while yet.  It'll be used in magic research, but not in the more basic military stuff.  I may do away with that system, I haven't really decided.

Go ahead with Jav-Thrower research.  I've attributed Skirmishers to Military Training I already, but possibly under Ranged Combat (in which case I really should make it RC II and make RC I public domain and the source for the archery units, but we'll go with Ranged Combat I for now).  Maybe just Javelin Combat?  Javelin throwers will probably be a low-power unit with a bonus vs infantry.

As a rule of thumb for all infantry research, higher tech levels will either produce more powerful units or more efficient units.  Skirmishers would be an example of an efficient unit; they're low-medium power, on par with macemen, but don't use metal and have marginally lower upkeep and recruitment costs.  Heavy swordsmen are a medium-high power unit but they actually have slightly above-average upkeep.  Javelin-throwers would come under low-power, more-efficient types.

Ranged cavalry would probably negate non-archery units.

Turns last 1 month.  This does mean that technology will be advancing at a cheetah's pace, but I'm using the excuse that a lot of this is building back civilisation from a thousand years of decadence.

Caravans cannot hop ocean zones.  Build a trireme and have it play ferryman.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »

Lord Brent, The dominion will be estatic to accept your trade agreement.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2011, 04:34:49 pm »

@Sheb
Are you refering to ME?

Adwarf has been agrivating me since I joined the damned game, and even before that! He been an utter nusiance! I cannot wait to wipe him from the map!

(( Also, In-game, The Aniari are really quite honourable and respectable. However, when Near or In battle/a hunt however, they are blood-thiristy and vicious. This has given them a bad reputation in the world, refered to as brutes. Some lands even see them as always sex-obsessed, violent, dis-honourable, and stupid. ))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:36:20 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:16 pm »

In reply I must say the trade agreement we will agree with, but not the vassalage. Never again shall the Gnomes bow to another race. We have been oppressed, and enslaved far to long. On behalf of my race we accept the trade agreement, but nothing else.

Harticus

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

@Sheb
Are you refering to ME?

Adwarf has been agrivating me since I joined the damned game, and even before that! He been an utter nusiance! I cannot wait to wipe him from the map!

(( Also, In-game, The Aniari are really quite honourable and respectable. However, when Near or In battle/a hunt however, they are blood-thiristy and vicious. This has given them a bad reputation in the world, refered to as brutes. Some lands even see them as always sex-obsessed, violent, dis-honourable, and stupid. ))

I didn't aggravate you at all when you started. I didn't even talk to you until you started annoying me.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2011, 04:40:40 pm »

I didn't aggravate you at all when you started. I didn't even talk to you until you started annoying me.
Perhaps insulting me, claiming that we were trying to take you freedom for no apparent reason might have something to do with it. Even eariler, your lack of apparent logic and knowlage (( and the fact that you keep spaming forum games that don't last a week )) annoyed me to no end.

I fiqured out my research for next turn.

Gnomish Wolf Riders.

And now my people have a great in-game reason to hate your guts.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 125