Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127569 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 2
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2011, 07:20:41 pm »

Yum. Peasant levies.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2011, 07:22:17 pm »

They are gnomish though so they would be much larger than other units. Just like all their other units.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2011, 07:24:59 pm »

So weaker, but bigger?

How does that translate to being different?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2011, 07:26:16 pm »

Not really since all gnomes are weaker than all other units

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »

So... Nothing changes but the name?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »

Quote from: Amended Trade Section
Trade

Trade can be conducted between player countries that are at peace and agree to a trade treaty.  Players in a trade treaty receive 10% of the other player's total income (before trade bonuses) in trade per turn.  This 10% is a bonus and not subtracted from the trading partner's income.  It is possible to have multiple trade treaties; e.g. if Albia has trade links with Bulmeria and Cattan, Albia will receive a bonus of 10% of both Bulmeria and Cattan's total income before trade, whilst Bulmeria and Cattan will each receive a bonus of 10% of Albia's total income before trade.  Trade treaties also give both sides access to the other side's resources for the purposes of unit construction etc.

To enter a trade treaty, a trade route must be established.  Provided any of the territories of two player countries are joined either by roads or are adjacent to one another, a trade route can be established automatically.  Otherwise, sending a caravan from one country to another can establish a trade route in addition to the normal benefits of caravan journeys.

A caravan sent to another territory to conduct a trade mission will generate £300 per territory distance from the originating territory to the destination.  e.g. A caravan sent to literally the next territory over will generate a £300 lump sum.  A caravan sent to a destination 5 territories away will generate £1500 in revenue.  Crossing ocean territories via ship count as 3 territories/ocean region for the purposes of calculating revenue (i.e. if you cross 2 land regions and 2 ocean regions, it counts as crossing 8 territories and you gain £2400 in revenue).  Travelling the 'long way round' will not gain any more cash upon arrival - you will only gain money based on the shortest distance the caravan could have travelled, taking into account blockades and enemy empires in the path.

Caravans travel at a movement rate of 2 and can pass through neutral territories without requiring masking or bribery.  Caravan missions can only be sent to player territories.  Caravans from a particular side cannot have one of their own side's territories as the final destination (internal trade is presumed to be free).  Successfully destroying a caravan, on the other hand, will net you £800 free of charge.

NB:  A single unit may be attached to a caravan as a caravan guard.  Passing through neutral territories with a caravan guard will incur a charge of £50 per caravan+guard.  If you mount an invasion with troops posing as caravan guard, the neutral territory will immediately attack your 'guards' on principle, even if they are not the country being invaded.

Trade Routes & Blockades

It is possible to blockade trade routes of an enemy nation by placing armed troops in the path of the route, forcing it to take a different direction.  If a land-based trade route or sea-based trade route is completely blocked from reaching its destination, the trade route collapses; a land-based route will not switch automatically to a sea-based route or vice-versa.  Portions of a trade route which cross land or sea will not change their docking points in response to a blockade, so blockading the port or bay of such a route is a good way to prevent the route from functioning.  Taking a territory by force will also blockade a route, as trade routes cannot pass through your territory without your permission.

Trade routes blockaded in this way technically continue to exist until they are willingly dissolved, but neither side gains the benefit of the route so long as a blockade remains in effect.  Once a blockade is lifted (e.g. by destroying the bandits blocking the route or the naval blockade, or taking the disputed territory causing the blockade) the trade route will resume on the same turn.

Blockades tend to work particularly well by sea, as no country is able to control ocean territories directly; ships may be stationed in any ocean territory without penalty, though attempting to station ships in the same waters as an enemy will likely lead to combat.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2011, 07:49:56 pm »

No they are cheaper, and weaker.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2011, 07:50:34 pm »

But bigger?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2011, 07:51:13 pm »

No all gnomish units are slightly bigger to make up for their height.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »

Don't mind if I join?

Empire Name: The Wolven Empire of Steel
Leader Name: Dariuoiua
Starting Territory: Southern Steel
Colour: Dark Green (Grey is my secondary choice)

I will be playing as Humanoid wolves.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:17:29 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2011, 08:13:28 pm »

Well Sah Falcon. If you do get in, I imagine that we should come up with some manner of trade agreement! And some sort of agreement regarding territories controlled.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »

Well, I still need to look up some stuff about world poltics and stuff. I do not want to get involved with the wrong people, only attacking for necessary land or defencive. But for the most part I'll only get offensive if I am the victim of the aggression.

Also, I will most likely accept a large percentage of whats offered to me as long as a see a good outcome for me.

Edit: I am also a "Screw magic, I only want practical weapons!" My excuse being that wolven people are not kin to magic. Very few really use it.

Edit2: Changed my starting area, due to certain reasons. Mostly considering its defencive poweress.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:18:14 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »

Empire name: Cadre of Vremya.
Leader name: Kasr Umirat'.
Starting territory: Western Cauldron
Color: Grey.

Yes, men, Cossacks with Pneumatic Weaponry will be arriving shortly.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:44 pm »

He is going to make alll the stuff from Metro isn't he ?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2011, 09:22:12 pm »

Grey is my backup colour...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 125