Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127570 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 13
« Reply #1635 on: April 23, 2011, 06:32:24 am »

Think I've missed something.  Did the Taikeni give Brent 'Sea Travel II' at all?  Otherwise I don't think they actually have the tech to build their 3 galleons (though 4 triremes would be viable instead).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 23, 2011, 07:11:48 am »

Not to my knowledge of public affairs. I believe the theory was of a tech loan, to allow for the ships to be produced? I dunno how you wanna moderate that. They'd certainly be happier with galleons though.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 23, 2011, 07:18:59 am »

The only advantage two galleons have over three triremes in an extra movement point, everything else is capable of being done by a larger amount of triremes.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:12 am »

Well, tis your tech. Its up to you if they have it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 14
« Reply #1639 on: April 23, 2011, 07:48:06 am »

Turn 14 - The Brigand Years
Summer 1006 A.D.

Pirates!:  The pirate blockade continues to seal off the trade hub of Brent, but Brentish diplomacy appears to be circumventing the blockade in part through a new port on loan from the Steel Empire.  Tragedy strikes when Roberts decides that waiting for Brent's new navy is not enough.

Firestorm:  In the first true case of conflict between the new rising nations, the Free Tempests scour the Empire of Steel with fire.

Spoiler: Free Tempests Republic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Public Domain
Infantry Training I and Adaptive Farming I have entered the Public Domain.

Quote from: New Units
Catapult:  £750.  Attack 15, Defense 15.  Siege Power 3.  Ranged.  Tech: Mathematics

Quote from: New Buildings
New Building:  Bronzeworks:  £1500.  Upkeep £100.  Requires and replaces Smelter.  Improves industry bonus to 90% of base income.  Bonus of 5% for access to iron, coal.  Bonus of 10% for access to copper.  Tech:  Metallurgy II

Quote from: New Mechanics
Secondary Attacks & Resistance

Some units (such as imps) have Secondary Attacks.  Secondary Attacks will either be Extraordinary or Mundane.  An imp's flametongue effect or a naga's venom bite count as Extraordinary secondary attacks.  A unit of drilled archers' 'drill' attack or berkserkers' 'thrown weapon' attack count as Mundane secondary attacks.

Mundane secondary attacks are essentially a free attack on the opponent.  They are rolled for as normal attacks, but have to beat the opponent's roll to have an effect (ignoring the usual wound margin rules).  On a success, the rival unit is wounded.  Drilled archers [Archery III] get a free 'drill' attack where they fire an extra volley of arrows before the enemy can close in.

Extraordinary secondary attacks work on a different mechanic; Resistance.  Every unit has Resistance, calculated from the average of its normal attack and defence values but not taking into account troop-specific modifiers.  So even though a javelineer can match an archer on the attack, the javelineer's resistance is 12 (12+12/2) whereas the archer's is 15 (12+18/2).  Units can also have Resistance modifiers (such as zombies, who have a +8 to Resistance).

Secondary Attacks have a certain strength (e.g. the imp's flametongue effect is Strength 2).  When Resistance is checked, a random number is rolled between 1 and the resisting unit's Resistance.  If the roll is equal to or less than the secondary attack's strength, the attack is successful.  Usually this will mean the wounding of the target unit, but other effects may take place with more advanced secondary attacks.

Some units are out-and-out immune to secondary attacks.  Fire immune units cannot be affected by flametongue, undead and poison immune units cannot be affected by venom attacks.

Secondary attacks are calculated before normal battle but after strafing checks.  If your unit is neither ranged nor flying, strafing units (ranged+flying) are immune to their secondary attacks.

Quote from: New Mechanics
It is now possible to undo Loyalty loss by raiding or sabotage to an area at a cost of £350 per Loyalty point.  This will only restore loss by Raiding/Sabotage.  Loyalty loss in this way otherwise takes 10 turns to decay naturally.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:20:09 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:58 am »

Turn up.  Enjoy, or don't enjoy as appropriate.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 23, 2011, 09:04:32 am »

You forgot my tech result...

Anyways, my turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:54:56 am by Taricus »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:09 am »

Two notes. One, Bleater E seems unconquered by Arcadia, and two, my phantom warriors in N Stry should be recovered. That is all I see wrong with the turn right now.

..Is this the end of the Dread Pirate Roberts?! Say its not so!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:29 am »

I don't have East Bleater, and I apparently lost two archers, a heavy cav and the knights O.O

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 23, 2011, 09:18:38 am »

Oh I like those bronzeworks :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 23, 2011, 09:20:20 am »

All fixed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:37 am »

Do we need a specific tech to pm our orders, or can we just Pm them to u ?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 23, 2011, 09:44:57 am »

No, you can just PM them now.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 23, 2011, 09:45:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:45:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 23, 2011, 10:33:03 am »

Spoiler: Turn 15 (click to show/hide)

National Library in flames...thousands of ancient texts destroyed...fingers pointed at Klackon foreigners. The news was everywhere, rumours abounded, but only a select few knew the truth. Lord Antaros completed his mission successfully, although fingers were being pointed every which-way. I'll have to have a word with him about doing his job more subtly for next time. Although the news had one thing right, even though they didn't know it. It was the Klackon's fault, indirectly admitedly. I just hope the cost of rebuilding and restocking a new library costs less than the Klackons were willing to pay. - The Memoirs of Alexia von Kashna
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:14:05 am by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 125