Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127505 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 1
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:48 am »

No.  Units are not available until the turn after they are recruited.  e.g. If you recruit 2 light macemen on Turn 1, you will not be able to move them until Turn 2.  You can move any units you still have from the last turn.

Caveat:  The exception to this rule is mercenaries.  You can hire mercenaries of any unit type available to you for twice the normal unit cost.  Mercenary units are available on the turn you hire them and you can use them immediately.  e.g. A mercenary band of spearmen would cost £250 to hire.  A mercenary band of archers or light macemen would cost £1000 to hire.  Upkeep costs are as for normal units.

NB:  Any units that start a turn wounded (due to battle) will heal fully by the next turn.  e.g. If on turn 0 you attacked with 4 macemen, won but two of them were wounded (leaving you with 2+2 macemen on Turn 1), those wounded macemen won't recover until the start of Turn 2.

Spoon:  I'm going to give that offer a 50% chance of succeeding, if that's alright.  If it fails, you can just use the money on spearmen as you said.

Also, if anyone wants to feel free to roleplay.  It probably won't affect mechanics much (since combat is all in the engine and has clearly defined rules), but it'll be fun and I might take it into account when Random Events start happening.  (I reckon I'll random event every 3-7 turns, depending on what's going on.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2011, 09:59:50 am »

Okay, I'll post my sheet once you've done turn 2.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2011, 10:02:54 am »

Post it before Turn 2, so I can add you to the Turn 2 map when it happens.

Also, Pillow Killer:  Please specify what you are researching.  Putting money into undirected research could just end up with your sages spending it all on cards and dice (and inventing gambling dens, or possibly tabletop roleplaying).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2011, 10:04:05 am »

What bonuses would Tabletop RPs give? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2011, 10:09:20 am »

After the horrible setback at Foul South and the destruction of the entire Foul Empire army, Emperor Demonic Spoon desperately needed more money to fund the expansion of the Foul Empire, as such he entered negotiations with the Old Empire for right of passage across of lands and started rebuilding his army by recruiting some spearman, hopefully they could recover from this setback soon. For the glory of the Hive.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2011, 10:12:55 am »

I have a question about moneys. Specifically, Storm East says (£550/turn):  Palace, Farm. But if I am not mistaken, shouldn’t the farm make £100 and the £500 I put into infrastructure make £53? For a total of £703?

Oh, I see the farm now, but the question on infrastructure stands.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:14:56 am by Criptfeind »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23:18 am »

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2011, 10:25:05 am »

It should.  Spending £500 on infrastructure raised your basic income to £550.  I just forgot to add the extra £3 to the grain bonus.  I'll adjust the turn post, but it will now read like this:

Territories

Storm Eas (£550/turn):  Palace, Farm.  [Grain]
 (+£28/turn from grain)
 (+£100: Farm)

Finances:

Cash Reserves:  £75
Revenue:  +£678
Trade Pact (Taikeni): +£70
Upkeep:  None.

Total:  £823

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2011, 10:49:31 am »

Yer... I seem to keep forgetting the grain bonus for the palace. Whoops.

Spoiler: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:11:23 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 11:07:46 am »

This is certainly true at the lower levels, because the 'wound margin' is pretty high:  +/-20.  I may lower it to +/- 15 or even 12 on the next turn for balance reasons, but I'll run some proper combat tests before I do that.  It should be possible for, say, heavy cavalry (30 attack vs infantry) to outclass spearmen (9 defence) pretty regularly without sustaining serious casualties, so I'll have to look into the math.

The +/- 20 was inherited from Sheb's C@W game, which in the original combat structure was a flat 1-100 roll plus bonuses for both sides.  Now in that system numbers really were more important than power.  On the other hand, such a high margin of wounding made more sense too.  With a narrower margin, more power will flow to the better-equipped over the massed ranks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 11:56:00 am »

Lord Harticus,
I heard of your recent diplomatic attempts with the locals of South Farland, and I hope that peace between our people's can follow a more peaceful approach :D . I would like to honour our joint history under the oppression of the Old Empire and re-initiate trade in the hopes of mutual prosperity.
Lady Alexia von Kashna

I start trading with the Farland Gnomes, if adwarf agrees.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:40:02 pm by Kashyyk »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2011, 12:03:46 pm »

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:51:47 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »

Hubris:  You do not have access to iron, copper or a technology that would replace the need for them.  As such you cannot produce macemen or several of the more advanced troop types.  Your available options in terms of ground troops right now are spearmen, archers and longbowmen.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2011, 12:50:24 pm »

All righty then, i'll change it to fit.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2011, 12:55:35 pm »

Iituem: If Nation A is trading with Nation's B & C, but they aren't trading with each other, and Nation C has iron, does Nation B get any iron by trading it through Nation A from C?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 125