Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127767 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 8
« Reply #1095 on: April 01, 2011, 04:35:18 pm »

Happy birthday tomorrow :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:59 pm »

Happy B-Day!

I just hope this isn't an April Fools joke, or i'll strangle you! [/Joke Or is it?]
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 02, 2011, 04:38:45 am »

Happy Birthday! As a birthday present, I am writing up my turn, should be up in a few minutes. ;D

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 02, 2011, 05:07:33 am »

Due to the loan no longer be required, I'm editing my turn.  :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 02, 2011, 05:19:35 am »

After the fall of Northern Brent and the capture of Brian "The Fool", Sheb collapsed. Since the death of his son, the only thing that had been driving him was his lust for revenge, and with anyone involved either dead or (in Brian's case) rotting in a cage hanging outside his bedroom, the drive behind his life disappeared.

For several week, he stayed silent, sitting in his study or weeping over his son's grave, not even bothering to torture Brian. The only person he would talk too was Bearskin. The druid was really young, but in him was teh wisdom of untold numbers of druids. Slowly, his soothing words started to heal the wounds in Sheb's heart. After a while, he even took pleasures in torturing Brian himself again.

The two men grew good friends over the time, and with more and more people being scared by Sheb's newfound cruelty Bearskin soon was his liege best friend, if only by virtue of being the only one.

So it was no surprise when Bearskin got himself appointed Marshall of The Empire, promptly taking over the military and sending any concurrent on "peacekeeping" missions in remote hamlets.

Under Bearskin's leadership, things started to move again. A caravan was created, with a mission to establish trade links with the Foul Empire. Plans were made for the annexion of Eastern Sutter and Aelstrom South, and an armada was preparing itself to deal with the pirate menace.

Sheb, for his part, seemed happy to exchange diplomatic letters and monologue in front of a caged Brian about how much he would regret standing up to him.

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

((I am assuming that I can promote Bearskin and move it around on the same turn. Tell me if I'm wrong. Also, it'd be neat if my faction name was changed from Brentian Counties to Brentian Kingdom. After all, I was finally crowned.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:53:30 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:45 am »

The rebalancing for Heroes is now official.  Enjoy the cut rates for promotion.  Caster and diplomat promotions are still as expensive as before, because they are supposed to cost as much as the caster/diplomat unit would.

Quote from: Hero Rebalancing
Hero basic purchase price: £600.  Upkeep £30.  General bonus to led units: +5.

Guerilla:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero gains expertise laying ambushes and fighting defensively as a footsoldier.  His defensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 2.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Raider:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero trains for quick charges and brutal attacks during raids as a footsoldier.  His offensive bonus to leading infantry increases by 2.  Tech:  Infantry Training I.

Ranger:  £400.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise fighting with ranged weaponry such as javelins and bows.  His offensive and defensive bonuses to leading ranged units increase by 3.  Tech:  Ranged Training I.

Mariner:  £400.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise fighting aboard ship and in ship-to-ship combat.  His offensive and defensive bonuses to leading naval or amphibious units incfrease by 3.  Tech:  Mariners.

Charger:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero gains expertise leading cavalry charges.  His offensive bonus to leading cavalry increases by 3.  Tech:  Cavalry Tactics I

Evader:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero gains expertise leading cavalry in evasive movements and retreats.  His defensive bonus to leading cavalry increases by 3.  Tech:  Cavalry Tactics I

Swordmaster I:  £120.  Increases upkeep by £5.  The hero achieves a proficiency with his chosen weapon on the attack.  His personal attack score in single combat increases by 3.  Tech:  Weaponsmithy I

Shieldmaster I:  £120.  Increases upkeep by £5.  The hero achieves a proficiency with shield, armour or dodging on the defensive.  His personal defence score in single combat increases by 3.  Tech:  Armoury I.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:23:45 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 02, 2011, 06:19:36 am »

So we need Hubris Incalcuble, Criptfiend and Phantom's turns?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 02, 2011, 06:20:36 am »

Yep, Reckon those are our only missing ones. And Cript was waiting for a question to be answered.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:39 am »

They've got at most six hours, I should really be off by this evening (it's about noon now here).  I won't be available at all during Sunday.

Edit:  Yes, you can promote Bearskin and move him on the same turn.

Edit 2:  All the coding I plan to do for this turn is done, which is really just getting Heroes and the tech bonuses to combat in.  I've updated the OP with the rules and promotions for Heroes.  Also, Captain Simo's hire cost just shot down to £2000.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:18:50 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

Kashyyk, do you want your caravan to move into Brent S once the trireme hits the Brentish Channel?  That would put it in position to do so.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2011, 11:45:46 am »

No thank you, I'm sending it to the United Provinces.

btw, my turn now has fluff!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2011, 11:48:12 am »

Do you have a trirem to transport it?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 02, 2011, 11:54:48 am »

Yep, it's cruising just off the West Farland Coast atm.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 7
« Reply #1108 on: April 02, 2011, 07:39:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 07:49:36 pm by Phantom »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile