Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127758 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 7
« Reply #1065 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:15 pm »

After the Gnolls were calmed down, the letter was produced and given to the local Kobold Clan Prime Shaman Klikrikgrik, who in turn ordered his subordinate to destroy it and kill the messenger, so as to ignite a war between the two nations and force Dwareeti'k out of power. Sadly, his subordinate was an agent of the Clan Prime Shaman Torkgukyek, who in all fairness, cared for neither side-on the orders of his clan prime, he planted the letter on Clan Prime Shaman Gyehturkog, whom they both hated quite alot, in an effort to discredit him, as he had been invited to a clan meeting and would likely be searched, and the letter seized, and the logical assumption would be that he had intercepted it from the royal envoys for his own selfish needs. Unfortunately, Gyehturkog was murdered by the assassin from clan shaman Tiklokgokokjo before he could attend the party, (he was quite unpopular) and the assassin was himself killed by an assassin of Lord High Shaman Dwareet'ik, who delivered the letter to his master faithfully. The Lord High Shaman had all four of these clan primes mentioned killed that night, more's the pity...

*the the Brentian Lands*

Your offer is more than acceptable. Once a sea route has been forged, our Gnollish catamarans will flood into your land bearing hordes of goods and services! We will need time to raise the proper funds, though.

I have long been an admirer of your land-the recent Gnollish emigrates from that land speak of your prowess in battle, and your leadership-which is best described as a "velvet glove concealing an iron fist"!

Warm regards, High Shaman Lord Dwareet'ik

(There's alot of dried blood on this letter.)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 31, 2011, 04:46:29 pm »

My dear Shaman, our trirem is now waiting off your shore. It strike me that should you trust your first caravan to us rather than the foul Empire, you shall have only benefits and no pain, as we are planning to establish a trade route to the foul Empire that would allow you to trade with them in almost the same time as if you sent a caravan there yourself.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 31, 2011, 04:50:40 pm »

A wise plan...if a little risky on our part. We accept!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 8
« Reply #1068 on: March 31, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

Turn 8
Summer 1003 A.D.

The Free Caulders offer their services!

The Free Caulders, a band of mercenary cavaliers out of Cauldron led by the famous mercenary Captain Simo, have sent messengers to every one of the new empires offering their services.  They have recently returned from a campaign paid for by the Old Empire to beat back heavy raids by the orcs of Villvale and are splitting the company up to meet payday.  As such they are making their troops available for permanent purchase and Captain Simo himself is equally available for hire.

Caveat:  Because of the location of the Free Caulders they will take a full turn to arrive as hiring a normal unit would, not arriving instantly as with local mercenaries.

Quote from: The Free Caulder Register
Captain Simo:  Hire Cost: £2000.  Upkeep £105.  Hero.  Attack +5, Defense +5.  Personal Attack 2, Defense 0.  Promotions:  Raider, Mariner, Ranger, Charger, Evader, Swordmaster I.
A famous Caulder adventurer before he formed his company, Captain Simo has fought on land and sea, on and off horseback.  His retirement fee is pricey, but he is unmatched in cavalry combat.

Light Cavalry:  £750.  Upkeep £90.  As the light cavalry unit.  4 available.

Heavy Cavalry:  £1100.  Upkeep £150.  As the heavy cavalry unit.  2 available.

Javelin Cavalry:  £1000.  Attack 18, Defense 18.  Upkeep £110.  +10 vs infantry.  2 available.

Horse Archers:  £1700.  Attack 18, Defense 18.  Upkeep £170.  +15 vs infantry, +6 vs cavalry/heavies.  1 available.

Knights:  £2500.  Attack 28, Defense 28.  Upkeep £245.  +12 vs infantry.  1 available.

Pikemen:  £550.  Attack 12, Defense 15.  Upkeep £65.  +10 vs heavies/cavalry.  4 available.

Other Events in the World

The Ice Queen (Terrendale):  Rumours continue to persist that the yetis are building up their forces for a more serious raid.

Piracy?:  Still nothing more than rumours, but perhaps because the sailors have stopped talking around the port of Gasket.  There are whispers of some sort of lord of dread leading the pirates off the Brentish coast.

Spoiler: Free Tempests Republic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies
Mariners:  Can hire Mariners.

Nature Magic [Foundation]:  Can train Druids, the casters for Nature Magic.

Summon War Bears:  Can summon War Bears.

Machinery II:  Can build Powered Sawmills, Powered Workshops.

Weaponsmithy I:  Improves light infantry and cavalry attack rolls by +1, heavy infantry attack rolls by +2.

Marketplaces:  Can build marketplaces.

Quote from: New Buildings
Powered Sawmill:  £1000.  Requires and replaces sawmill.  Generates £200/turn.  Tech:  Machinery II.

Powered Workshop:  £750.  Requires and replaces Workshop.  Improves bonus to basic income from 28% to 70%.  Bonus increases by 12% for each resource the workshop has access to; iron, copper, lumber.  Tech:  Machinery II.

Marketplace:  £300.  Upkeep £10/turn.  Improves bonus to basic income by 10%.  Bonus increases by 4% for each of the following resources the marketplace has access to; grain, wine, game, pork, cattle, sheep, ivory, horses, camels, lumber, copper, coal, stone, marble, silver, gems, fish and rock oil.  Bonus increases by 8% for each of the following resources; spices, gold, incense.

Quote from: New Units
Amphibious units can cross 1 sea tile in their turn, provided they end their turn on land.  They may also be involved in naval battles alongside naval units whilst crossing the ocean or when stacked with or aboard a ship.

Mariners.  £650.  Attack 15, Defense 10.  Upkeep £60.  +8 vs naval units.  Amphibious
Whether sailors who have seen a few battles or vicious pirates, mariners are amongst the most dangerous forces on the high seas.

Druid.  £1200.  Attack 8, Defense 10.  Upkeep £100.  Caster, Support.  Tech: Nature Magic [Foundation]
Keepers of the secrets of nature and natural magic, druids harness and manipulate the elements of Earth and Water and the power of beasts and plants.

War Bears.  £850.  Attack 22, Defense 18.  Upkeep £85.  Summoned (Nature)
Bears.  Bears that will fight for you.  What more does one need to say?

Quote from: New Spells

Quote from: New Hero Promotions
Druid:  £1200.  Increases upkeep by £100.  Allows the hero to act as a druid.  The hero's attack and defence bonuses do not increase.  He is able to serve as a caster for nature magic spells and gains any other benefits available to a druid.  Druid heroes may not fight directly, except against other heroes.  Tech:  Nature Magic [Foundation]

Mariner:  £800.  Increases upkeep by £40.  The hero gains expertise fighting aboard ship and in ship-to-ship combat.  His offensive and defensive bonuses to leading naval or amphibious units incfrease by 6.  Tech:  Mariners.

Charger:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise leading cavalry charges.  His offensive bonus to leading cavalry increases by 6.  Tech:  Cavalry Tactics I

Evader:  £500.  Increases upkeep by £20.  The hero gains expertise leading cavalry in evasive movements and retreats.  His defensive bonus to leading cavalry increases by 6.  Tech:  Cavalry Tactics I

Swordmaster I:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero achieves a proficiency with his chosen weapon on the attack.  His personal attack score in single combat increases by 3.  Tech:  Weaponsmithy I

Shieldmaster I:  £250.  Increases upkeep by £10.  The hero achieves a proficiency with shield, armour or dodging on the defensive.  His personal defence score in single combat increases by 3.  Tech:  Armoury I.

Quote from: Balance Changes

Quote from: New Mechanics
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:17:36 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 31, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 8 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 8
« Reply #1070 on: March 31, 2011, 07:06:20 pm »

You fund the establishment of a vinyard in Western Maver, dedicating it to your new son and praising the virtues of capitalism.  Of course, since the vinyard and all its profits are actually the property of your family it's really more the virtues of monopolism.  You don't really care about the distinction - you're busy getting drunk on power and wine.  Mostly wine.  But it is at least excellent wine.

You slap your sages.  They retreat into a corner and cry.  They don't do any research, but currently your people love you because you have been returning wealth to them and their businesses.

Best. Turn Report. Ever.

Of all time.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 31, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 8 Actions (click to show/hide)

The Traveler paced his council chamber, in Lower Toldrun. Troop leaders and sages ringed the table, squabbling quietly and awaiting their orders.

Commander Bright stepped into the room bearing an old map scavenged from the Zephyr Temple. It was unrolled on a wide table, and the Traveler pointed across the lands to the south.
"Here *stabs a gloved finger at the map* Garnlish -and- Sordell. Here, Brent. Even the province of Presst is unified. You have brought us conquests and glory, but this is not enough. We shall not be accorded the respect of the powers of the world, without beginning the unification of these lands. Falstaff has handed us the means. *Nods to Falstaff* With his illusions, we shall bring West Toldron under our rule. Commander Bright, ready the plans for this campaign."

Commander Bright stepped forward, bowing slightly to the Traveler. "Your will shall be made manifest, Lord Traveler. I shall see it done myself."
And with that the military leaders left, trailing Commander Bright. The discussion of their battle strategy would be attended to that evening. And the troops would march at dawn, the Traveler was certain.

Falstaff remained behind. "Do not worry, Sir. I shall ready more, in the event of a potential calamity, I need only your authorization."

The Traveler shook his head. "No Falstaff, I cannot rely on illusions forever. Good strong men at arms will be needed as well. Besides, I will need the support of the Orcish chieftains of Villvale, and I am sure they will not respect any victory won by trickery and deceit. However, I will need another contingent, half as strong as that which you have already brought me."

Falstaff inclines his head politely, and steps outside, closing the door behind him. The Traveler remained for many hours staring at the map, studying it, and drawing up plans.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:55:47 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 8
« Reply #1072 on: March 31, 2011, 07:40:13 pm »

In the end, the executions had an educative effect-those Kobolds who were in witness could not help but be awed and humbled.
The sheer hills of Rocktooth ran green with the lifeblood spent therein.
The chanting of Kobold shamans tending to the dead and dying was eminent.
The Gnolls, who had but hours before slaughtered each other, feasted and laughed together long into the night.
-1st Canticle of the Koboldiconium

Turn 8

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:43:46 pm by Dwarmin »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »

Spoiler: Status of the Empire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Actions (click to show/hide)

Dariuoiua looks out side of his temporary shabby villa in Southern Maver, cald in his normal full plate Armour (Forged after the fall of the Old Steel Empire, while it was still one peice). He had always been a soldier. Even now, as Emporia of the New Steel Empire, he felt he had a duty fighting along side his men. This mentality has not, somehow, got him killed. Yet.

His life was nearing a close. He knew that he had only about 20 years to live. He had just recived news of his new son, however. And with all the victories gained, some of his best Generals estimated they should have all of Maver before next summer! But something troubled him. He did not know what. Perhaps he should've given more money to the poor and newly conquered people of Southern Maver. Perhaps the Vineyards may have been more useful as money toward saving people from poverty. Perhaps he shouldn't have slapped that one sage so hard...
But no matter. There is a conquest to finish and an Empire to rule. Hopefully, he would see peace when all of Garyita* is united.

(( *Garyita is the North-Western area of Imperia. It includes: Maver, Steel, Merkel, Daltron, and Most of Northern Beaton ))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 31, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »

Territories

Farland W (£574/turn):  Palace, Farm.   Grain.   
 (+£29/turn from grain)
 (+£100: Farm)
Farland S (£159/turn):  2 spearmen.
 (upk: -£40)
Farland C (£15/turn):  Farm.   Sheep.   
 (+£1/turn from sheep)
 (+£100: Farm)

Finances:

Cash Reserves:  £0
Revenue:  +£978
Diplomacy:  +£500
Trade Pact(Arcadia): +£156 [Access lumber, game, iron, gold, coal]
Trade Pact(Brent): +£179 [Access fish]
Upkeep: -£190  [2 spearmen, 3 light macemen.]

Total:  £1623

Construction/Recruitment
1 Underground Farm in Farland S, and 2 spearmen in Farland C, and W

Research
The rest I spend on researching Infrastructure.

Troop Movements
None

Techs

Adaptive Farming I
Infrastructure I
Machinery I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 31, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

Hurm. Did I get the money? And why... Is my ship up one province farther then I told it to be?

Edit: And none of my trade packs are there  :-\

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 01, 2011, 01:04:20 am »

Emperor Demonic Spoon looked at a map of the Foul Empire's current holdings. It was good. The Foul Empire had recovered quickly from their initial setbacks and were regaining momentum. Demonic Spoon judged that the time was right to call upon a Avatar of the Hive to lead and inspire the warriors of the Foul Empire to greater heights. Glory to the Foul Empire of Klackdom!

Territories:

Foul C (£525/turn):  1 skirmishers. Palace, Mine, Forge.   Iron.   
 (+£200: Mine)
 (+£168/turn from Forge)
 (upk: -£45)
Ichor W (£60/turn):  Stone.   
Ichor U (£28/turn):  Cattle.   
 (+£1/turn from cattle)
Ichor S (£105/turn):  2+1 skirmishers.
 (upk: -£135)
Troud S (£19/turn): 

Armies:

~

Finances:
Cash Reserves:  £44
Revenue:  +£1106
Trade Pact(United): +£143 [Access copper]
Upkeep: -£180  [4 skirmishers.]

Total:  £1113

Diplomacy:

~

Construction/Recruitment:

Create Avatar of the Hive(Hero) in Foul Central: -600
Create Skirmisher in Foul Central: -450

Research:

~

Savings: 63

Techs:

Foundation Necromancy
Curses I
Summon Zombies

Infantry Training I

Troop Movements:

3 Skirmishers from Ichor South and 1 Skirmisher from Foul Central invade Troud North
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:37:53 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 01, 2011, 02:30:10 am »

I should have one more trirem in South Brent. Also, how much is the promotion from caster to hero again? £1000

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 01, 2011, 03:32:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have no idea whats up with those stupid tags popping out of nowhere
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:19:27 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:02 am »

Hurm. Did I get the money? And why... Is my ship up one province farther then I told it to be?

Edit: And none of my trade packs are there  :-\

Oversight on my part as to forgetting to record the caravan and trireme separately, but you have them both - I didn't show your caravan because it's loaded onto your trireme, whereas I showed Dwarmin's because it was on a trireme not his own.  You received Sheb's money and you spent it on your turn, so I haven't bothered to include it in the summary.

Triremes can only travel 2 squares per turn.  You'll need galleons to make 3/turn.  Your caravan will arrive next turn.

I missed out the trireme in S Brent, added it in and adjusted your figures.  Caster to Hero is £1000, yes.  Upkeep rises by 50.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 125