Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127509 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 0
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2011, 12:14:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:10:59 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:34 am »

>reboot criptfeind.

Rebooted:
Select module:
Assassin
Borg
Friend
Master
Rage
Servant
Sarcasm

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2011, 12:25:32 am »

>Borg, Sarcasm
Initialize!

Also..Am I the only one whos just slightly curious about Pillow's turn? Cause.. Yeah..Might wanna look that over there Pillow.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2011, 12:29:35 am »

>Borg, Sarcasm
Initialize!

Now that was a good idea meatbag.

Also..Am I the only one whos just slightly curious about Pillow's turn? Cause.. Yeah..Might wanna look that over there Pillow.

Right, ether Pillow killer is a very confused Taricus, or a inept copy and paster.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2011, 02:28:29 am »

I haven't actually accounted for sabotage of specific resources yet, but I might as well rule that you can sell captured (or your own) buildings in a territory for half their production cost.  Just in case anyone really wants to try a scorched earth policy or is really short of cash.  As for sabotage and bombing tactics (without necessarily being part of an invasion), you'll need to research those in the future.

Pillow Killer, you're definitely going to want to edit that turn before I finish.  The troop movements are fine, but you don't have copper in Presst South (you have game) and if you did, building a mine would cost £1000.  Please fix it or I shall just ignore the 'build a mine' aspect and work from there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:32:06 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2011, 03:12:43 am »

Underground farming seems... limiting, perhaps I may suggest just 'improved farming' and flavor it as underground?

Actually it is just going to get agriculture II anyway... Maybe.

Is resource distribution random or is it affected by logic, IE: A place south of my capital has a better chance to get grain (Or horses or something in that general area) as opposed to say, metals.

I respond to your question in the form of a... well, another map actually.

Key

Yellow
- Desert
Light Blue - Tundra
Grey - Mountains
Brown - Hills
Dark Green - Heavy forest, jungle
Light Green - Grasslands, plains, steppe, swamp

I will pick resources in an area based on (roughly) what sort of terrain it is.  I will work up a proper list of resources for the random generator later, but presently I'm just using common sense rules.  You are more likely to get mineral and metal in the mountains or hills than the lowlands, but more likely to get grain in the lowlands (or game and lumber in the forests or tundra) than the mountains.  Do not expect to find fish in Central Capitol.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 06:54:27 am »

For fun, here's an Old-Timey style map of the world.  Everyone loves sepia.

More to the point, the turn's done except for confirmation on Pillow's turn and Spoon's turn.  I'm going to give Spoon 12 hours to do the next turn before I post, as I am away tomorrow and Saturday.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:54 am »

Yeah sorry about that, was kinda busy. And liking the blue sea zones, very nice, thanks.  :)

Territories:

Foul Cen (£500/turn):  4 Light Macemen.  Palace.  [Iron]

Finances:

Upkeep free for first turn!
Cash Reserves:  £500
Revenue:  +£500

Total:  £1000

Construction/Recruitment:

Recruit a caravan: -1,000

Research:

~

Savings: 0

Troop Movements:

Send 4 Light Macemen from Foul Central to invade Foul South.

Diplomacy:

A diplomatic message to the UP:

"Greetings to the people of Toldron, we were wondering if you would be willing to consider cooperation between our two peoples. Together we would be able to accomplish so much more than apart. As such, I offer to send my caravan to you, whereafter we can open a trade agreement, benefiting us both. Is this agreeable? Best of luck in all your endeavors."

~Emperor Demonic Spoon

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:44:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2011, 08:11:29 am »

Whoops, thought I erased everythng not-related to me. Fixed, anyway.
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2011, 08:14:28 am »

I guess it's too late to join?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2011, 08:16:58 am »

Never!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 1
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2011, 08:26:18 am »

Turn 1 - A New Dawn
Winter 1000 A.D.

Being a mark of the years under the dominion of the Empire.

Across the world, fledgeling dominions stretch, testing their power against their neighbours whilst building fresh strength from within.  Some ventures meet with success, others are humbled.

Spoiler: Arcadia (Kashyyyk) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies and Buildings
Mechanics I:  Allows construction of Sawmills, Workshops.
Basic machines and tools allow for refining of raw materials and production of improved tools.

Animal Husbandry I:  Allows construction of Ranches.  Prereq: Agriculture I
Better capturing and rearing techniques enable a stable supply of meat and byproducts.

Sawmill:  £500.  Requires lumber.  Generates £100/turn.  Tech: Mechanics I

Workshop:  £500.  Requires iron, copper or lumber.  Generates £100/turn.  Tech: Mechanics I

Ranch:  £500.  Requires and replaces Stables, Pasture or Hunting Lodge.  Generates additional £100/turn.  Tech:  Animal Husbandry I

Quote from: Balance changes and game alterations

For clarity, the 'Stables' building has been expanded into three different types for flavour reasons; stables, hunting lodge and pasture.  These are all replaced by the Ranch with Animal Husbandry I.

Additionally, spearmen were imbalanced because of their massive advantage in terms of upkeep costs.  I have now adjusted most upkeep costs to reflect this; more expensive units will have higher recruitment costs for their strength than cheaper ones, but will have better upkeep value for their strength.  Archers/Light macemen retain their upkeep cost of £50, but all other upkeep costs have changed.

Altered Buildings

Stables:  £1000.  Requires horses or similar.  Generates £200/turn.  Tech: Agriculture I (Public)

Hunting Lodge:  £1000.  Requires game or similar.  Generates £200/turn.  Tech:  Agriculture I (Public)

Pasture:  £1000.  Requires cattle or similar.  Generates £200/turn.  Tech:  Agriculture I (Public)

Changes to upkeep costs.

Basic Unit Types

Infantry

Spearmen: £125.  Attack 7, Defense 9.  Upkeep £20/turn.

Archers/Slingers: £500.  Attack 12, Defense 18.  Upkeep £50/turn.

Light Macemen: £500.  Attack 14, Defense 16.  Requires iron or copper.  Upkeep £50/turn.

Light Swordsmen: £800.  Attack 18, Defense 18.  Requires iron.  Upkeep £70/turn.

Light Axemen: £700.  Attack 19, Defense 15.  Requires iron or copper.  Upkeep £60/turn.

Longbowmen: £1000.  Attack 16, Defence 24.  Upkeep £85/turn.

Heavy Mace: £1000.  Attack 19, Defence 21.  Requires iron or copper.  Upkeep £85/turn.

Heavy Sword: £1400.  Attack 23, Defence 23.  Requires iron.  Upkeep £115/turn.

Heavy Axe:  £1300.  Attack 25, Defence 20.  Requires iron or copper.  Upkeep £105/turn.

Heavies

Light Cavalry:  £750.  Attack 18, Defence 18.  Negates infantry modifiers by 4.  Requires horses.  Upkeep £90/turn.

Heavy Cavalry:  £1650.  Attack 22, Defence 22.  Negates infantry modifiers by 8.  Requires horses.  Requires stables.  Upkeep £150/turn.

Navy

Trireme:  £500.  Attack 10, Defence 10.  Movement 2.  Can carry up to 2 units.  Negates ground troop modifiers by 4.  Upkeep £70/turn.

Sheb, you can join for Turn 3 if you like.

Spoon: Contrary to appearances, I don't have anything against you.  You just got really poor rolls in that battle and the random number generator gave South Foul a particularly high (for its category) income, so it could support more troops for defense.  The same goes for Criptfeind.  Also, I debated on how to get past the fact that the Old Empire splits the continent in two and decided that a bribe would work - it's not particularly 'nice', but then the Old Empire isn't meant to be.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:13:55 am by Iituem »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 1
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2011, 08:42:51 am »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2011, 09:31:10 am »

...that...could have gone better.  :( But seriously, 3 spearman and 1 measly archer won against 4 light macemen?  ??? How have I angered you oh RNG?

After the horrible setback at Foul South and the destruction of the entire Foul empire army, Emperor Demonic Spoon desperately needed more money to fund the expansion of the Foul Empire, as such he entered negotiations with the Old Empire for right of passage across of lands and started rebuilding his army by recruiting some spearman, hopefully they could recover from this setback soon.

Territories:

Foul Cen (£500/turn):  1 Caravan.  Palace.  [Iron]

Finances:

Upkeep free for first turn!
Cash Reserves:  £0
Revenue:  +£500

Total:  £500

Diplomacy:

Offer 250 in tribute to the old empire in return for right of passage through their lands. If successful, send the caravan to trade with the UP. If not spend the 250 on spearman.

Construction/Recruitment:

Recruit 2 Spearmen: -250
Recruit 2 more spearman if attempt to buy right of passage fails.

Research:

~

Savings: 0

Troop Movements:

If attempt to get right of passage succeeds, order caravan to travel to the UP in order to trade with them.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:10:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2011, 09:35:18 am »

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:08:25 am by Pillow_Killer »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 125