Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458297 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16755 on: October 22, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »

Oh hey I didn't know that. Like, free to keep?   
Steam is having a free weekend, plus all the cubic assloads of DLC as well as the base game are heavily discounted.   
Tempted to give it a try, but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be able to learn a game like that in two days, haha...   

Edit: there is a lot of stuff on my wishlist at pretty heavy discounts, plus they finally added Shakedown: Hawaii to Steam, instead of Epic Games or whatever it was on originally! A successor to Retro City Rampage with a bit of a different vibe, but still with plenty of chaos and comedy. I think. Obviously I haven't played it, yet.   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:10:58 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: October 22, 2020, 06:05:51 pm »

Humankind has a playable demo now. I dont have much more info, currently on a black out.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: October 23, 2020, 03:08:20 am »

Like, free to keep?   

There isn't any time limit mentioned other than the duration of the giveaway, so free to keep seems to be the case. As far as I'm aware, GoG doesn't do any "free to play for x amount of time" events so there is that..
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16758 on: October 23, 2020, 06:10:45 am »

Yes Yoink, is yours forever once you get it. Well, not tecnically forever, just until GOG close down its servers one day in the hopefully very distant future many centuries or milenia after we are all dust.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: October 23, 2020, 07:27:48 am »

Yes Yoink, is yours forever once you get it. Well, not tecnically forever, just until GOG close down its servers one day in the hopefully very distant future many centuries or milenia after we are all dust.

There are archives of GOG game installers floating around. The internet makes certain at least something exists on somebody's computer.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16760 on: October 23, 2020, 08:00:09 am »

You don’t even need to search around for such archives, GOG offers offline installers in the first place.
So you can keep it for as long as you are able to do so.

You can find them in your library.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: October 23, 2020, 08:02:10 am »

You don’t even need to search around for such archives, GOG offers offline installers in the first place.

Yup. None of this Galaxy bullshit dl’ing stuff at a tenth of the speed I can download it through my browser, gimme the installer and I’ll do it myself damnit!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16762 on: October 23, 2020, 08:38:56 am »

Yup. None of this Galaxy bullshit dl’ing stuff at a tenth of the speed I can download it through my browser, gimme the installer and I’ll do it myself damnit!
Weird. I get good speeds on galaxy, compared to the utter glacial pace of browser downloads.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: October 23, 2020, 09:35:57 am »

Offline installers are the best for me, i archive them in case of problems.

I think the only time i installed Galaxy was to add Gwent and so unlock the free Witcher 1 in my library (free offer still being available by the way).
Uninstalled both Gwent and Galaxy after that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: October 23, 2020, 05:25:03 pm »

Humankind has a playable demo now. I dont have much more info, currently on a black out.
Through Stadia only, looks like.

Sadly I don't have much faith in the game. It's by Amplitude (makers of the Endless series, which I like) but everything I've seen has looked like it's trying to overhype a weirdly gated Civ clone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: October 23, 2020, 06:48:06 pm »

Based on the public alpha or whatever they did over the summer, I'm pretty comfortable in saying it's Endless Legends of Humankind on Earth. It's not so much a Civ clone as a weird, slightly wonky-feeling version of EL - if you liked that, you might like this, but if you hated it there's no way you'll like Humankind.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: October 23, 2020, 08:29:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:10:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16767 on: October 23, 2020, 11:27:53 pm »

The Outer Worlds is 50% off on Steam ($30 USD) until November 6th, if you didn't pick it up already from Epic Games.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: October 24, 2020, 06:30:46 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:10:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: October 24, 2020, 07:03:49 pm »

I tried it on the hardcore difficulty first, but I got the impression that the lower amounts of health applied only to the player, while enemies were extra bullet sponge-y. Bit disappointing. I could have been mistaken, though.   
Either way, I haven't played it in ages. I'm so damn lazy when it comes to games these days. It's like, 'oh, this game has plot and dialogue and requires focus in order not to miss things? Maybe I'll play that tomorrow' and then I fire up Rocket League or some mindless shooter instead. Also I was paranoid about missing interesting bits of dialogue depending on what companions I had, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 1134