Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458271 times)

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16725 on: July 03, 2020, 06:40:17 am »

Supraland is on sale at 55% off, currently $8.99.  There's even a demo, with quite a lot of gameplay.  I give it 4/5 stars for the exploration/puzzle/fighter style of game.

Otherwise, I've been browsing the games but really haven't found anything special.  Picked up 7 Days to Die and have been playing it a lot.  But what I'd really like is something that scratches the survival/exploration itch like Subnautica did.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16726 on: July 03, 2020, 08:45:20 am »

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to share this but my game 'Warsim: The Realm of Aslona' is on sale right now on steam at 60% off (now €2.59, £2.19, $3.19)

It's been a deeply developed passion project inspired by DF.

It's got 96% positive from over 200 steam reviews and is still in active development!

Available here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/659540

Always happy to answer any questions :)
I know I've seen this before, but it looks rad as heck. Can I force the captive peoples of any and all lands I manage to conquer to fight to the death for the amusement of myself and my loyal subjects? If so I'mma slap down the money for this bad boy right now.   
...I mean, I probably will buy it anyway, seeing as it's such a bargain, but you know.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16727 on: July 04, 2020, 10:10:28 am »

Hey guys, just wondering if I should get Pillars of Eternity one or two (or both, but that is probably not happening). I don't have a lot of information about either of them. Apparently they are both good isometric RPGs.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: July 04, 2020, 02:34:56 pm »

Yeah get them. I loved those games. 2 has more gameplay features. 1 is probably a good introduction to the qorld and while shorter the story is more internally consistent
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16729 on: July 04, 2020, 05:36:26 pm »

I'm wanting a space exploration game that lets you start in a smaller ship and work your way up to commanding capital-class vessels with turrets and such. The ability to start empires and possibly colonize worlds would be a plus but mostly I just want to blow up space ships.

Right now I'm looking at Starpoint Gemini: Warlords or X4: Foundations. Any input?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16730 on: July 04, 2020, 06:04:51 pm »

Starpoint gemini warlords... you dont control fighters for the record. You basically start with small vessels with turrrts and move up. Warlords also has a strategic layer. Never got indeep into it, might try again now that you mention it...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16731 on: July 04, 2020, 11:40:53 pm »

Yeah get them. I loved those games. 2 has more gameplay features. 1 is probably a good introduction to the qorld and while shorter the story is more internally consistent
Right, so, are the expansion packs worth it? I'm eyeing the pack which includes both games and all their expansion packs for 112RMB, which seems like a  good deal...
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16732 on: July 04, 2020, 11:54:58 pm »

Rebel Galaxy, while not as deep or replayable as it could have been, also seems to fit the bill of starting small and going big.
Very nice for blowing up ships, but there's not a lot to be gained from multiple playthroughs or post-story content.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #16733 on: July 05, 2020, 10:36:29 am »

Dark souls 2 (scholar) and 3 (along with DLCs) are 75% off on steam until July 9. May be part of some other sale i missed. Online is probably nearing zero.  :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16734 on: July 05, 2020, 11:38:42 am »

Most Total War games are at crazy prices rigth now. The original shogun is like 3 dollars or something.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: July 05, 2020, 05:58:05 pm »

A lot of games are on sale on Steam this summer, with 3 games being on extra sale for, I dunno, a few days or a week.
Right now, The Witcher 3 is on sale, 70% off, base game for 8.99 euros, GOTY (all DLC included) for 14.99 euros.
I must say, it looks absolutely stunning on my RTX 2060.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16736 on: July 05, 2020, 07:26:49 pm »

Pfff... you got nothing on my HD Ultramega Integrated Grahpics and its amazing 1080p capabilities.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:15 pm »

Total Annihilation is on sale for a few more days on Steam at 60% off, making it sub $5 for most.  Classic RTS with plenty of mods and units out there.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16738 on: July 06, 2020, 03:23:17 am »

I'm wanting a space exploration game that lets you start in a smaller ship and work your way up to commanding capital-class vessels with turrets and such. The ability to start empires and possibly colonize worlds would be a plus but mostly I just want to blow up space ships.

Right now I'm looking at Starpoint Gemini: Warlords or X4: Foundations. Any input?

Heard of Starsector? That's basically what Starsector is. Colonies included.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16739 on: July 06, 2020, 04:09:17 pm »

Heard of Starsector? That's basically what Starsector is. Colonies included.
I have indeed heard of Starsector, it's great fun and comes very close to what I want. It puts a little too much emphasis on fleets straight from the get-go, and the zoomed-out top-down nature means you don't get to admire the scenery or shiny spaceships as much.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1134