Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458220 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16665 on: June 07, 2020, 02:06:53 am »

Edit: On one hand, Alpha Centauri is on sale at GoG, on the other...Radiation has made me the enemy of Civilization.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see... a guy with a bike helmet aiming a raygun at Swamp Thing-with-a-duck-for-a-head while the Content Delivery Network truck's thrusters are in the unfortunate position of roasting the guy?

I'm not sure if I'm drinking too much, or not enough.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16666 on: June 07, 2020, 02:17:26 am »

Same, like - the white crystal parts look like an Alpha Centauri weapon, I get that part.  But everything else
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16667 on: June 07, 2020, 09:39:19 am »

itch.io has a 5$ Kitchen Sink Bundle(tm) this time again, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality. I believe none of these will have Steam keys though.

Highlights, far as I'm aware of, include...

Heavy Bullets
A Short Hike
Night in the Woods (Mac/Win/Linux)
It's really good. Donate more than $5.

There are also some pen and paper tabletop games in there.

You have to manually add games to your library or they will likely expire at some point in the near future. That's either all or some of the 740 games in the bundle. You have to click download to trigger them being added to your library, one by one.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, so I looked it up,

Please do not run scripts to issue 100s of request to the site. It is not necessary to go and click on everything to own it. You already own everything as soon as you’ve bought it. We decided that more people would rather their library not be flooded with hundreds of things they don’t want, and let them choose the things they do want by making all the bundle items hidden by default.

We also made this change to reduce load on the server, since there are thousands of people buying the bundle. After the bundle hype has died down we’d be glad to look into adding a button to show everything in your library at once. In the meantime we’ll be making more changes to how games are displayed on the bundle download page to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.

Thanks

You own everything you pay for

It looks like they updated things from their free giveaways or there are different sets of rules. I have some things I "own" but cannot download from past giveaways.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16668 on: June 07, 2020, 10:18:45 am »

Edit: On one hand, Alpha Centauri is on sale at GoG, on the other...Radiation has made me the enemy of Civilization.

I see... a guy with a bike helmet aiming a raygun at Swamp Thing-with-a-duck-for-a-head while the Content Delivery Network truck's thrusters are in the unfortunate position of roasting the guy?

I'm not sure if I'm drinking too much, or not enough.

It's from Mutants of 2051 AD, the movie Bob and Doug made in Strange Brew.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16669 on: June 09, 2020, 12:51:18 pm »

itch.io has a 5$ Kitchen Sink Bundle(tm) this time again, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality.

The bundle has gone through some changes. It now contains over a thousand items. 1001 when I commented, 1147 now.

Itch has been implementing some UX improvements on the purchase page due to the sheer insanity of a thousand-item  bundle. It's now got a search box and they're working on additional options (hopefully tag filtering) to make it a bit more usable. Until then, people have taken to curating the bundle in a spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:25:37 pm by Mephisto »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16670 on: June 09, 2020, 12:57:14 pm »

itch.io has a 5$ Kitchen Sink Bundle(tm) this time again, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality.

The bundle has gone through some changes. It's now up to a thousand items.

Odd Realm is now in. Nuclear Throne. Golf Peaks looks very marble madness.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16671 on: June 09, 2020, 04:07:23 pm »

Oh drat. I already went and combed thru the 25 pages and picked what I liked, and have no idea what has been added unless I do it again...

EDIT: Hopefully all the new stuff is at the end, in which case, no big deal.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16672 on: June 09, 2020, 04:15:44 pm »

EDIT: Hopefully all the new stuff is at the end

It's not. My plan is to just wait until the bundle is over before trawling through.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16673 on: June 09, 2020, 04:22:04 pm »

Bummer. There's not even a proper way to navigate the pages, only back/forward/last page.

I think they've said somewhere that they're going to make it easier somehow to see the list of games, categories etc. I suppose I have to wait until it's all over too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16674 on: June 09, 2020, 06:14:24 pm »

That bundle is bloody insane. It was up to 1400 and a bit when I dropped a twenty on it a few minutes ago. Stuff, probably good stuff, for like... all tastes. All of them. Mad stuff, there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16675 on: June 09, 2020, 07:55:44 pm »

Well I guess I'm getting a collection on itch.io now too, which will sit there for the next 10 years before I get around to looking at them, if ever.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16676 on: June 09, 2020, 08:11:25 pm »

i also payed into this, 5 bucks for 48 pages of games on itch.io is insane. im almost sure ill find some gems in it, eventually.

*edit: i spoke way too soon, both Airships (an indie game i saw on steam and was always tempted to buy, its a make your own ship combat game) and Odd Realm (which i already own on steam, a decent DF clone) are on the 1st page alone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:15:12 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16677 on: June 09, 2020, 08:16:14 pm »

The ratio of good stuff to meh seems to be higher with the new titles that were added later too.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16678 on: June 09, 2020, 08:20:48 pm »

Saw Celeste in there.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16679 on: June 09, 2020, 08:39:24 pm »

That bundle is bloody insane. It was up to 1400 and a bit when I dropped a twenty on it a few minutes ago. Stuff, probably good stuff, for like... all tastes. All of them. Mad stuff, there.

I felt bad that I only threw in $20 back when it was ~700 games. Got several games I'd wanted almost enough to buy, and (probably more importantly) a bunch of little games with cool ideas I wouldn't have though much of otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1134