Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458199 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16635 on: May 12, 2020, 09:16:46 am »

Do note that both MAX I and II are available on GOG for the same price that just MAX I is on Steam.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: May 12, 2020, 09:35:09 am »

Do note that both MAX I and II are available on GOG for the same price that just MAX I is on Steam.

Honestly, I would just get MAX I, nothing good will come from getting the second even if free.
Rant behind the spoiler for those interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:37:28 am by Bralbaard »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: May 12, 2020, 04:47:14 pm »

They fucked it up then. They should have made it turn-based then put a clock / sync thing in there. Easier fix, but they apparently went about it ass-backwards by making a full RTS then retro-fitting it with a turn-based mode just to appeal to fans of the first game then? It sounds like they also fucked up their one point of appeal? By jumping on the RTS bandwagon because everyone else is doing that they would lost their one point of appeal going forward.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:50:18 pm by Reelya »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: May 13, 2020, 02:27:59 am »

Yes, that pretty much sums it up. I can't get you an exhaustive list of MAX 2's failures as that would force me to boot up the game, which I've sworn not to do again after giving it a number of chances.

MAX 1 however is brilliant, despite it's age. I still play a skirmish game every now and then against AI. It is quite fast paced as well despite being semi-turn based and can usually be finished in one sitting, which is a nice change from the games I usually play like stellaris and DF.

Fun fact; For my sons birthday party we went laser gaming with a group of kids. I was pleasantly surprised that the sound effects that were used during the game were ripped from mechanized assualt and exploration (which is 24 years old now). The game had really good sound effects and voice acting for it's time.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:39:03 am by Bralbaard »

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: May 13, 2020, 12:25:21 pm »

Kenshi is 40 % off in Steam for two days.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: May 14, 2020, 03:40:52 pm »

There is a Paradox sale going on on Steam this weekend.  Most CK2 / Stellaris DLC are 50-75% off

Horse Lords DLC is 100% off, go grab it!
Furthermore, CK3 is available for pre-order
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: May 14, 2020, 10:39:48 pm »

This thing free to claim for a couple of days.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/aegis-defenders-free-game

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16642 on: May 15, 2020, 04:20:31 pm »

GTA V is free on the EGS as of this post, seems they'll be cycling trough their freebie offers way more frequently while their sale is on. Said sale btw has a bunch of stuff on discount as well as a free 10€/$ coupon that you can claim which works on any of the games in the store (even the already discounted ones) and is valid trough November of this year.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: May 15, 2020, 06:24:28 pm »

GTA V is free on the EGS as of this post, seems they'll be cycling trough their freebie offers way more frequently while their sale is on. Said sale btw has a bunch of stuff on discount as well as a free 10€/$ coupon that you can claim which works on any of the games in the store (even the already discounted ones) and is valid trough November of this year.
Nah, it's still once a week. I think it's just that they've predicted that a lot of new people would be coming in because of GTA5.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: May 15, 2020, 06:55:28 pm »

Once a week is more often than their bimonthly schedule that they've had recently (once a month was the norm before that)
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: May 15, 2020, 07:07:17 pm »

Once a week is more often than their bimonthly schedule that they've had recently (once a month was the norm before that)
Uh... no. It's been once a week for the whole year now. I've pretty much taken the role of pointing out free games for my friend group, and it's been every single Thursday without fault.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: May 15, 2020, 07:09:46 pm »

Okay for GTA5 I'll be willing to install EGS.
Holy... 94 GiB.. That download is gonna take a while, even on glassfibre network.

EDIT: Hah, 'due to high demand, bandwidth in your region is temporarily limited' . Download rate capped at about 3MB/s
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:11:17 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:23 am »

Hahaha funny. After letting it download overnight, GTA5 is now installing..
The EGS version still installs Steam api

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: May 16, 2020, 09:11:32 am »

Uh... no. It's been once a week for the whole year now. I've pretty much taken the role of pointing out free games for my friend group, and it's been every single Thursday without fault.

Huh, could've sworn they weren't switching them out that often, then again I haven't been checking in regularly either since I've had most of the stuff that was on offer anyways.
AS - IG

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16649 on: May 16, 2020, 10:25:37 am »

Hahaha funny. After letting it download overnight, GTA5 is now installing..
The EGS version still installs Steam api
That was definitely a temporary cap then. at 3 MBps, it would have taken you 13 days at 24/7.
Pages: 1 ... 1108 1109 [1110] 1111 1112 ... 1134