Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457951 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16455 on: March 11, 2020, 07:03:57 am »

Lots of sales of Warhammer FB and 40K games around right now, and new Warhammer games on GOG.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16456 on: March 11, 2020, 08:19:51 am »

Um.

So, Humble is featuring another game bundle.

I remember back when that was just a thing people knew was happening (because it was always happening), and not an uncommon occurrence.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16457 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:33 am »

I'm not angry, Humble. Just disappointed. This is what I've come to expect of your sibling IndieGala.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16458 on: March 11, 2020, 08:43:52 am »

Will admit, I'm mildly sad they didn't use the opportunity to slip some sakura wars games in there. That would have been neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16459 on: March 11, 2020, 01:09:03 pm »

Cardcaptor SAkura?
Sakura "Hey, you wanna see my collection of softcore lesbian monstergirls?" game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I ever looked at the Cardcaptor franchise, but weren't most of the Clow Cards monstergirls?
A considerable majority of them, yes. Wiki list of cards here, for reference.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16460 on: March 12, 2020, 07:51:16 am »

I'm not angry, Humble. Just disappointed. This is what I've come to expect of your sibling IndieGala.

Humble is owned by the same company that owns IGN. I don't expect much.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16461 on: March 12, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

Humble is owned by the same company that owns IGN. I don't expect much.

And yet, this is Humble trying to exceed your expectations:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16462 on: March 12, 2020, 04:11:37 pm »

Ah, the Humble Bundle Hurdle Burdle.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16463 on: March 12, 2020, 04:43:15 pm »

This made me laugh more than it probably should have.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16464 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:25 pm »

I feel like that "Bumble" could be slipped in there fairly easily too.

Though, hasn't Humble had a bundle like this before? And I want to say it even supported the Susan G. Komen foundation by default.

Edit: Phone typo!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:24:24 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16465 on: March 12, 2020, 09:47:21 pm »

I feel like that "Bumble" could be slipped in there fairly easily too.

Though, hasn't Humble had a bundle like this before? And I want to say it even supposed the Susan G. Komen foundation by default.
I know they had one exactly like this, because I sent it to one of my Steam friends as a prank.
Admittedly, we're both weeb trash, though I like to think of myself as weeb trash with standards.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16466 on: March 12, 2020, 11:54:01 pm »

Cardcaptor SAkura?
Sakura "Hey, you wanna see my collection of softcore lesbian monstergirls?" game.

I'll also point out that "Sakura" is a very common word.

Also, as a warning:

Sakura Spirit is a 2014 visual novel by British indie developer Winged Cloud and published by Sekai Project.[1] The game was released on July 9, 2014 on Steam and MangaGamer.

It's not actually the real thing, these are English wanna-be Japanese visual novels. So they're faux-Japanese visual novels (complete with everyone having very cliched Japanese names) with a pervy emphasis made by an Indie developer in the UK. These things tend to be merely a bunch of still images, whereas the Japanese equivalents these days are using animation and 2D/3D integration (Nekopara for example).

So:
Nekopara 1: 3D/2D, animated. Has full voice acting: cute girls speaking cutely.
Sakura Spirit: 2D only, not animated. Has no voice acting, apparently.

Both are the same "type" of game, but you get a lot more value for money from Nekopara. It is about twice as long, playtime-wise and has full voice acting for all female characters. A bishoujo game without voice acting? What is this, 1998? EDIT: apparently they did hire Japanese voice acting for some of the later ones. Which doesn't change the fact that what you're basically getting is "the pervy weeb's guide to visual novels" and artwork that's about 15 years out of date.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:23:01 am by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16467 on: March 13, 2020, 02:18:17 am »

Only the Perfect Cherry Blossoms are worth points.

(Touhou 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom, where catching cherry blossoms is part of high-score rounds.  It's part of the story about spring not happening)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16468 on: March 13, 2020, 02:42:31 am »

Cardcaptor SAkura?

I'll also point out that "Sakura" is a very common word.

Also, as a warning:

Sakura Spirit is a 2014 visual novel by British indie developer Winged Cloud and published by Sekai Project.[1] The game was released on July 9, 2014 on Steam and MangaGamer.

It's not actually the real thing, these are English wanna-be Japanese visual novels. So they're faux-Japanese visual novels (complete with everyone having very cliched Japanese names) with a pervy emphasis made by an Indie developer in the UK. These things tend to be merely a bunch of still images, whereas the Japanese equivalents these days are using animation and 2D/3D integration (Nekopara for example).

So:
Nekopara 1: 3D/2D, animated. Has full voice acting: cute girls speaking cutely.
Sakura Spirit: 2D only, not animated. Has no voice acting, apparently.

Both are the same "type" of game, but you get a lot more value for money from Nekopara. It is about twice as long, playtime-wise and has full voice acting for all female characters. A bishoujo game without voice acting? What is this, 1998? EDIT: apparently they did hire Japanese voice acting for some of the later ones. Which doesn't change the fact that what you're basically getting is "the pervy weeb's guide to visual novels" and artwork that's about 15 years out of date.

The series is specifically called the Sakura series.

That'd be like thinking that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: WWII and Call of Duty: Black Ops are part of the same continuity.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16469 on: March 13, 2020, 06:23:10 am »

That's not relevant to my point however. The previous person was wondering whether it's related to "Cardcaptor Sakura".

My point was that Sakura is a general word, not specific to this series. Sure this series happens to be called the "Sakura Series" but for example, there's also a television series in Japan just called "Sakura", and anime TV series called Sakura Trick or Sakura Quest, none of which have any connection to the thing in question.

So it's not like "Call of Duty" at all. If you see a Call of Duty game you know it's made by the Call of Duty guys. Conflating things that just happen to have "Sakura" in the name with this English guy's games, is more like every time you see the word "lost" in a title, you assume it's related to "Lost".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:31:50 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 1134