Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457833 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16395 on: December 20, 2019, 04:41:05 pm »

DELETED: (nvm already posted)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16396 on: December 27, 2019, 06:36:45 am »

Domina, a pixel-art gladiator management sim that's been on my wishlist for some time, is 69% off. Ayyyyyyyy.

Also I just bought Foundation at 20% off, but it's anyone's guess if it will run on my computer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16397 on: December 27, 2019, 06:42:17 am »

Supposedly Domina is a lot better now after a bunch of updates and patches, but it was pretty rough back in the day. Lots of outright bizarre design choices that kinda piled up on top of each other and left you with a big bucket of fuck.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16398 on: December 27, 2019, 07:51:35 am »

Gods of the Fallen Land is going for half off, so 2.50 USD. It is worth that to an extreme degree, imo. Interface takes a little getting used to and I'm not sure how replayable it is, but the boss fights especially are bloody incredible, and generally the game design's just hella' slick on several different levels. If you ever wanted a fairly contained isometric-ish action/survival game with minor city building/tower defense elements, this is it. If you never even considered wanting that, it's still a hell of an experience worth the asking price (and probably a few times over it).

... though if you get it and have some technical difficulties/performance issues, check the steam forum. There's some known issues with certain hardware that's not terribly difficult to adjust for.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16399 on: December 29, 2019, 04:06:02 pm »

Supposedly Domina is a lot better now after a bunch of updates and patches, but it was pretty rough back in the day. Lots of outright bizarre design choices that kinda piled up on top of each other and left you with a big bucket of fuck.

Yeah, Domina is a good bit better now. Still rough in a couple of areas, but I've gotten 70+ hours in it at this point and still fire it up now and again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16400 on: December 30, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »

Dat Witcher Trilogy (enhanced editions + GOTY) for less than 20€ on Steam.

Hard to resist it.

Just need to unbork the GPU. Soon...

Shh... No crying, Wallet. Only dreams, now.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16401 on: December 30, 2019, 07:32:26 pm »

You can get it for like 18€  in gog.com
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16402 on: December 30, 2019, 08:14:52 pm »

Speaking of GOG, they're having a free game giveaway again. Looks like a BG-ish-inspired CRPG with fairly decent ratings. I hadn't heard of it before, but it looked nifty enough to swing for a free copy!

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16403 on: December 31, 2019, 01:28:39 am »

Speaking of GOG, they're having a free game giveaway again. Looks like a BG-ish-inspired CRPG with fairly decent ratings. I hadn't heard of it before, but it looked nifty enough to swing for a free copy!
Tower of Time? From what I recall it's pretty good, especially for the price (and even moreso free).  It's not as expansive as CRPGs like BG - you're not running around out in the world talking to people or running quests for them (for the most part).  Rather it's essentially one long quite linear dungeon crawl, with a focus on combat and solving puzzles to progress, gradually uncovering the story of the world and the tower as you go - if you've played Aarklash: Legacy, it's more similar to that (though longer, and I think the combats in ToT are a little more forgiving).  It's also very pretty. 

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16404 on: December 31, 2019, 08:18:49 am »

So more like IWD than BG maybe?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16405 on: December 31, 2019, 09:43:30 am »

No... its...

Kind of like... darkest dungeon like if the combat was like in Baldur's gate? Its encounter based anyway
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16406 on: December 31, 2019, 01:04:50 pm »

It's been a while since I played it so some of my memory is hazy, but the entire gameplay is inside the tower of the title, which comprises a number of fairly large floors (I want to say 10 of them).  You're running around in real time isometric view as you would in games like BG or IWD, looting containers, finding secret areas, interacting with bookcases or machines or whatever (usually either to uncover more of the story or solve puzzles to open blocked off areas).  When you unlock the next floor you'll be told the % completion for the one you're exiting (% of secret areas you found, gear looted, that sort of thing), for the completionist in you to obsess over.

There are enemies at fixed points on each level (I forget if they can move at all, but mostly I remember them being stationary, or at least very very short leashes) and when you run into them you're transported into an 'arena' mode where you fight waves of enemies coming from spawn points (usually doors or portals), sometimes with objects you have to protect or similar, and sometimes just to kill a set number of waves/enemies or survive a given duration.  This is also real time isometric, with pause (or I think it was a super-slowdown) to issue commands.  I'm pretty sure there you get advance info on the enemies you'd be facing so you can select party members or builds accordingly.

Most of the dialogue is with your party members from what I recall, though there are some NPCs to talk to in and around the tower.  You don't create your own character - your character is kinda overseeing things remotely.  There's I think 7 recruitable party members with max 4 in the party at a time.  Each one has their own 'class', each with 8 skills of which you can choose 4 of, with 2 upgrade paths for each skill.  You can respec builds and swap active party members between fights (I forget if there's a cost or restriction on either of those).  There's also a crafting system for making and upgrading items.

So to say it's more like IWD than BG is true in that it's more of a linear dungeon crawl, and it's got the familiar isometric RTWP, but it's still a bit of a different beast than either of them.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16407 on: January 16, 2020, 11:08:54 pm »

Australia is on fire, which is [checks notes] bad.

Humble has several games for $25. Satellite Reign is a good game for 1-3 people (more work with fewer people, herding cats with 3), and a game with 4 (one character has no powers I remember which aren't just passively buffing other characters).

Also, it's a Humble Bundle, so I can nearly guarantee you'll really like one (and no more or fewer) of the other games, and moderately like one of the others (also, no more or fewer than one of the others).

Edit: Also, Slay the Spire is half off at GoG. It's worth the full price, so do the thing. It's a deck-building RPG.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:10:38 pm by Iduno »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16408 on: January 17, 2020, 01:17:09 am »

Then you buy it and it turns out it's an rpg about building a deck in your backyard
Love, scriver~

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16409 on: January 17, 2020, 03:03:50 am »

Edit: Also, Slay the Spire is half off at GoG. It's worth the full price, so do the thing. It's a deck-building RPG.

StS is an excellent game indeed and well worth the full price! Also as of yesterday GOG has updated to StS 2.0 which is rather quick considering that the previous updates came quite some time after the steam version.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1134