Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457637 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16275 on: October 28, 2019, 11:53:19 am »

The one with the overlong title, known more conveniently as Ladykiller in a Bind, is an erotic visual novel created by Love Conquers All Games, better known for Analogue: A Hate Story and its sequel Hate Plus. I haven't played it, but as a big fan of Analogue, I can say with confidence that it's probably very well written.

It's still an adult visual novel, though, so be sure to check the Steam page for a list of "features" and make sure it's within your strike zone before you dive in.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: October 28, 2019, 12:27:49 pm »

Analogue: A Hate Story
Been curious about this one, since it's apparently about boarding a derelict colony ship and finding out what went horribly wrong?

I'm probably making it sound less adult visual novel-y than it is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: October 28, 2019, 12:34:41 pm »

Aside from some mature situations and some raunchy text, it's actually not all that "adult". Same with the sequel - all images on screen are completely safe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: October 28, 2019, 12:38:26 pm »

Analogue: A Hate Story
Been curious about this one, since it's apparently about boarding a derelict colony ship and finding out what went horribly wrong?

I'm probably making it sound less adult visual novel-y than it is.
I kind of got ninja'd, but eh, I'm too lazy to change the stuff I already wrote.

Analogue isn't an erotic novel in the same way Ladykiller in a Bind is. It's got some... questionable log entries to be sure, but anything that could be considered adult is just text. It does a pretty good job making you feel like you're progressing in solving this big ol' mystery, with some rather neat twists along the way. It's been a while since I played it, but I remember having a good time. Only complaint I recall is that there are a lot of names and information to sift through, so it's possible to get a bit lost in it all.

I still need to go back and get the other endings, because the different endings actually carry over to Hate Plus, from what I've heard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: October 28, 2019, 12:43:13 pm »

They certainly do carry over, which is very nice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: October 30, 2019, 10:26:25 am »

GoG has a Halloween Sale (everyone does), but the only games I recognize but don't own are Hot Tin Roof:The cat who wore a fedora and Grim Dawn.

Edit: Nice (check the percentage, which was chosen intentionally).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:40:11 pm by Iduno »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: November 02, 2019, 03:52:58 am »

Right, so... Rockstar has been spamming me with notifications about how it's the "Last chance!" to preorder and pre-download the PC port of Red Dead Redemption 2, which they're apparently doing.

Not only are they porting RDR2 to PC (but not RDR1, which people have been begging for for years), which is fine and all despite being another not-so-exclusive exclusive... But they're adding additional content to the PC version. Stuff like new missions, characters, and weapons that the fanbase has been requesting for PS2's singleplayer pretty much since the game came out (because SOME WEAPONS were added to RD Online, but not singleplayer! Noooo, that would be silly!).

And... I just... No. I'm sorry R*, but not this time. I love RDR2 and would've loved to have it on PC, and I'd love to have all this additional content you speak of, but... No. I'm not going to support bullshit like this. And none of your guns and levels and gold incentives for Online are going to get me into that either, I've already seen the clusterfuck (Custerfuck?) you dorks have created in that hellhole. Shit, I played GTAOnline, so I've already experienced most of it firsthand!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: November 02, 2019, 05:49:11 am »

Aaw, I'd was hoping you'd cowboy up and yeehaw with me
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: November 02, 2019, 09:40:46 am »

Is it on Sale though?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: November 02, 2019, 10:22:24 am »

Technically, yes, but also, no
Love, scriver~

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: November 03, 2019, 06:46:45 pm »

Aaw, I'd was hoping you'd cowboy up and yeehaw with me

immediately heard old town road in my head when i read this

relevant to the thread tho: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on sale for 40% off on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/538680/

i literally know nothing about this other than it apparently has nudity in it and its supposedly excellent. considering buying it, if anyone has played this please let me know what its like.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: November 03, 2019, 08:14:57 pm »

relevant to the thread tho: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is on sale for 40% off on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/538680/

i literally know nothing about this other than it apparently has nudity in it and its supposedly excellent. considering buying it, if anyone has played this please let me know what its like.

I don't know anything about it, but a quick look on the Steam board says there's no nudity at all - apparently the tag was added by people who were offended by some of the characters being gay or something, and it's been since removed. The screenshots of battles remind me an awful lot of Fairy Fencer F, though none of the store page screenshots of FFF show in-battle screens and I don't feel like booting it up to check.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: November 03, 2019, 10:19:14 pm »

I haven't played the game in question, but it's part of the Legend of Heroes series, and I have played a chunk of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Incredibly long, old-school RPG goodness with solid characters and writing. I have difficulty getting through humongous games nowadays, so I won't claim to have finished Trails in the Sky, but if you're fond of JRPGs in general, you really can't go wrong with that whole series.

... Only reason I'm not jumping on the 40% off deal myself is because I'm nitpicky as all hell and I don't like the animation work in Trails of Cold Steel; the characters don't put their whole bodies into swinging their weapons and everything looks a little stiff and janky. But if that and the previously mentioned items don't put you off, I say go nuts.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: November 03, 2019, 10:19:34 pm »

While I haven't yet had a chance to play Legend of Heroes, I've heard overwhelmingly positive reviews from both critics and players alike. Bought several of these titles on sale a while ago and they are definitely on my to-do list.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: November 04, 2019, 07:33:13 am »

I've read through a LP or two of trails games, and yeah, basically everything about them looks solid. They seem to be good jrpgs, definitely some of the better ones in relatively recent times.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1134