Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457085 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15975 on: June 24, 2019, 05:00:59 am »

Not sure about DS1, but DS2 tends to not work properly on new OS's, which is a shame since it had some really cool innovations on the classic H&S formula.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15976 on: June 24, 2019, 06:27:43 am »

Not sure about DS1, but DS2 tends to not work properly on new OS's, which is a shame since it had some really cool innovations on the classic H&S formula.
I feel about DS2 about how Kagus feels about DS1.
I can also vouch that it's harder to get DS2 running properly than DS1, though I recall it not being over-the-top hard. Mostly a matter of finding a patch, as I recall.
This was years ago though, and my memory's not great, at all. So YMMV.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: June 24, 2019, 06:32:46 am »

I remember DS1. I thought I was getting a Diablo clone. But it was so on rails it was practically a fantasy train simulator.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: June 24, 2019, 07:22:10 am »

I remember DS2 having like surprisingly good german voice actors. The english dub for what I played averaged out to kinda' shit but the german sounded a lot better, at least when you don't know the language.

Can't remember why I ended up playing it with the german dub running, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: June 24, 2019, 07:41:47 am »

Not sure why you'd spread misinformation - you can refund steam games in the first 2 weeks, as long as you have not played 2 hours. The process is automated and works everywhere.

If you have to install it, load it, patch it, load it, then find out it doesn't work (or bugs out after a few minutes of playing), you can eat up time quickly. I own a few broken games because of that.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: June 24, 2019, 09:12:43 am »

Huh, what? (PTDE) DS 1 works on win 10 just fine. What on earth they did with DS2 that it doesn't run on win 10?
EDIT: And i think i installed vanilla DS2 too... we are talking about dark souls, right?  :P
EDIT 2: Dungeon siege, god damn it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:44:45 am by MCreeper »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: June 24, 2019, 01:55:14 pm »

Startopia is actually surprisingly good and well-aged. The combat system is in fact the worst but it’s a very solid game and I enjoyed playing through all the levels.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: June 24, 2019, 02:22:27 pm »

Buying old games off Steam is usually a bad idea. They may not work and/or may rely on old online systems for authentication. Also, if you try it, find out it doesn't work, and ask for a refund, they will refuse (depending on your current country).

I have to agree with BurnedToast - this just isn't a thing. If a game just doesn't work then it's super obvious in the reviews however there are only a very, very small portion of games which are like that anyway - I've never bought anything off steam that didn't work as advertised.

Also, as mentioned you get a whole two hours to figure it out, and I'd just return anything that didn't work after about 15 minutes of fiddling (which I've never had).

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15983 on: June 24, 2019, 05:57:40 pm »

I've also never had Steam refuse a refund request so long as I was within the specified time (2 hours or 2 weeks from purchase) and I've had a few refunds honored outside of those times when I explained via a ticket.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: June 24, 2019, 08:46:38 pm »

Is the Steam Summer Sale supposed to be running? I'm not seeing any banners or much in the way of discounts on my wishlist.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: June 24, 2019, 09:38:15 pm »

Is the Steam Summer Sale supposed to be running? I'm not seeing any banners or much in the way of discounts on my wishlist.

Soon™

More specifically, it should start ~14 hours from now (10 am pacific time)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: June 25, 2019, 01:49:23 pm »

Best game on sale on Steam is probably Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Battle Brothers is 50% which is ok, but no sale on DLCs, which is unexpected.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:14:21 pm by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: June 25, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »

Yeah, I didn't find anything I was interested in. Found this website that shows how low the price has been previously, though.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: June 25, 2019, 03:41:40 pm »

now if only the store would load

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: June 25, 2019, 04:46:14 pm »

This sale features a racing-themed game where you can get points by playing games to make your team's car go further, with members of the winning team having a chance at some sort of prizes. The overwhelming majority of people seem to have backed Team Corgi.

Anyway, my Steam Summer Sale damage:
Tales of Vesperia
Celeste
Tangledeep
Fictorum
Dragon Cliff
Finding Paradise
The Room Three
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1134