Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454085 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: Lukewarm Summer Sales
« Reply #15105 on: June 25, 2018, 07:32:56 am »

Same here. Couple of things here and there... but I´d rather wait for a humble discount on those and give 5% to charity.

Some others I´m interested, but I find the discount to be... not enough.

And some others are interesting but given that as of late I´m struggling with 3D FPS and to a lesser extent acrobatic TPP, I´m going to pass for now as likely as not I´ll get a headache 5 mins into the game and never play it again.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: June 25, 2018, 11:35:55 am »

I didn't pick up anything this time.  I was hoping Far Cry Primal or Dishonored 2 would finally make it to 75% off.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: June 25, 2018, 12:39:22 pm »

Probably going to grab the Shadowrun Returns collection, myself. The freebie from humble has been taking up a lot of my time and it's apparently the shitty one.... so the others should be a steal at 80% off.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: June 25, 2018, 07:44:32 pm »

All you AAA nerds. There's a lot of lo-fi, indie/semi-indie goodness up for grabs at good prices! Then again perhaps you have most of those games already, I don't really have any of my appendages on the pulse annnnnd why oh why did I word it like that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: June 25, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »

I can definitely recommend Dark Messiah of Might and Magic if you enjoy kicking people off ledges or tossing a dagger into their backs. It's around 2.50 USD right now if memory serves.

EDIT: It might also be the game you're looking for if you're interested in facing your fear of spiders because, wouldn't you know it, this game has a whole Spider Temple level.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:10:22 pm by AzyWng »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:07 pm »

I can definitely recommend Dark Messiah of Might and Magic if you enjoy kicking people off ledges or tossing a dagger into their backs. It's around 2.50 USD right now if memory serves.
Certainly worth that. You get a lot of different ways to build your character, and the physics based puzzles and combat are fairly fun. Not the longest game though.

There's also multiplayer, but I'm guessing that's deader than David Bowie.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: June 25, 2018, 08:10:30 pm »

All you AAA nerds. There's a lot of lo-fi, indie/semi-indie goodness up for grabs at good prices! Then again perhaps you have most of those games already, I don't really have any of my appendages on the pulse annnnnd why oh why did I word it like that.

Most people who've been following this thread and/or steam sales for a while have grabbed all of the low-hanging fruit already.

That said, we could offer advice or endorsements if you had posted anything of substance re: what's on sale in the sale thread.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: June 25, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »

There's a lot of stuff on sale for decent prices, the problem is that I have a pretty significant backlog already, and I usually end up playing a Paradox Grand strategy game, Total War, or more recently Mordheim anyways.

I'm considering picking up one of the Blood Bowl titles, but I'm not super familiar with them. Do any of y'all have a recommendation on which one to pick up? It doesn't help that each one has two different editions with various adjectives.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: June 25, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »

Chaos Edition is the more complete one. Legendary is the same thing, only less.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: June 25, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »

There's a lot of stuff on sale for decent prices, the problem is that I have a pretty significant backlog already, and I usually end up playing a Paradox Grand strategy game, Total War, or more recently Mordheim anyways.

I'm considering picking up one of the Blood Bowl titles, but I'm not super familiar with them. Do any of y'all have a recommendation on which one to pick up? It doesn't help that each one has two different editions with various adjectives.

They're pretty similar, really. Chaos Edition for 1, like Albright said. 2 is nicer in some ways, though still not fully polished and has a few quirks that I don't like. Still, I haven't bothered going back to 1 after playing it, so that's a recommendation I suppose.

Either way, it's a fun tactical game. Just accept the fact that victory is never guaranteed and the RNG can always ruin your plans.

Oh, and singleplayer AI is kinda rubbish regardless of which one you get. It's still fun to play against, but not super challenging once you get a hang of the game. I don't know the current state of multiplayer for them. 2 Might be better on that score alone, but you'd need to check into that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: June 25, 2018, 10:37:21 pm »

I've got a wishlist with plenty of stuff on it...but it's all FO4 DLC which I don't need right now, and a lot of smaller time indie games I've made motions to buy before but never sealed the deal. TBH I have more game than I need right now and there's nothing I've been waiting forever to get.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: June 26, 2018, 07:47:28 pm »

Can anyone who's played the more recent updates of No Man's Sky weigh in on it? Is it a good game yet? I was thinking of picking it up during the steam sale.

I've been playing Subnautica recently and have been absolutely loving the exploration, light survival, crafting and base building. I've looked at games like Ark and Conan Exiles, but they look a bit too grindy for my tastes. And I really prefer playing these sorts of games solo so the online component doesn't really appeal to me. No Man's Sky looks like something I might enjoy but it's hard to get past the massively negative reviews.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: June 26, 2018, 07:52:40 pm »

A note about Conan Exiles grinding, when you are the server admin(which you will be if playing solo) you have a bunch of sliders you can adjust to tweak harvest rates, xp gain, and craft times, so the grind can be as much or as little as you want.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: June 26, 2018, 07:59:36 pm »

Subnautica has been fun for me, too.  It's oddly narrative for such an open-world survival game, which makes me wonder about the replayability, but has been really impressive for a first playthrough. 

It also runs smoothly, unlike Space Engineers which chugged all to hell (not that the games are actually similar:  I sorta conflated Subnautica and From The Depths, for a while.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: June 26, 2018, 08:25:52 pm »

If you loved the exploration, base building, and light survival in Subnautica... I can't recommend NMS, as those aren't things NMS does well. Those are things I really liked and was teased by in NMS, and then I tried Subnautica (which I'd had for a bunch of its EA from a bundle but never touched)... and I literally haven't opened NMS since. Subnautica gave me the meaningful exploration of a pretty environment experience I wanted from NMS but never got. And OMG, it's gorgeous and polished.

I actually then went from Subnautica to Conan Exiles and have been really enjoying myself with that - it's photogenic, the exploration feels satisfying, and the building/crafting system is deeper and feels a lot more rewarding. I did single player with tweaked harvest values prior to launch, but have been having a pretty pleasant experience on a default-grindiness public PvE server since then. I've done everything in it solo; you don't need more people and you can largely do your own thing even if you are online. But offline was nice, and there's a whole lot of mods you can use in that case to tailor and tweak the experience...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:28:40 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1134