Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454020 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #15075 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:25 pm »

There's steamdb.info, I guess. It's still updating.

There are currently 10,946 items in the update queue
Our update queue is currently quite high, please check back in a couple of hours.

This usually happens whenever Steam store updates, and we need some time to update it all.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: June 21, 2018, 12:47:31 pm »

If you can check through Steam, I haven't found out how.

steamdb.info still seems to handle pricing even though some bits of the site became nonfunctional after Steam API changes. Another site that I just found out about is steamprices.com. The good thing about that latter site is that it seems to have entries for all of the packages. Doing a search for GTA V, for instance, showed the base game by itself and a separate entry for the bundles of e-money shit.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:57 pm »

The gimmick this year is basically a flash game where you use turrets to shoot aliens coming at your base. There's some sort of progression system that gets you better special abilities, and you get rewarded for playing with trading cards and a chance to snag some free games. There's a few I've never heard of, but there's also stuff like Assassin's Creed IV: The Pirate One, and 60 Seconds!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: June 21, 2018, 01:07:58 pm »

I'm finding it really annoying how you apparently can't buy bundles for other people if you already own said bundles. I want to gift a friend the Shadowrun Complete Collection, but the option to buy at all is grey out because apparently they calculate the price based on what you already own. I've found something about getting around it buy getting the link from incognito mode or whatever that I plan to try later, but it's kind of frustrating that they make this so difficult.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: June 21, 2018, 01:12:26 pm »

Too bad the reward for the games is random (out of the subset) so your chance of getting something is (probably?) low, and the chance of getting something you actually want is basically zero. For example I might play hollow knight, but there's zero chance I'll ever download the other 3 on there - I'd rather just pass and let someone else have them if I won.

Anyway I give it an hour before someone figures out how to hack the game to auto-play and runs it in 400 tabs at the same time, or some other nonsense that ruins it for everyone.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: June 21, 2018, 02:33:46 pm »

Steam is so slow I can't even go to the cart :P

Figured I would pick up
Endless Space 2 Bundle
Battlezone 2 Redux
Freeman Guerilla Warfare

Thinking about Where water tastes like wine, but think it could go lower.

Civ 6 sale is crappy.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: June 21, 2018, 02:41:49 pm »

Steam is so slow I can't even go to the cart :P

ikr, im just trying to get streets of rogue here and i can't even reach my wishlist to put it in my cart!

im probably gonna end up getting some other stuff but this is where im starting.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: June 21, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »

Swords and soldiers does not actually appear to be free.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: June 21, 2018, 03:23:00 pm »

It was when I checked earlier. Maybe the deal happened to end when the sale started.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: June 21, 2018, 06:32:10 pm »

He said "the next 12 hours or so" and you posted more than 12 hours after that. It was free before.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: June 21, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »

From the Depths is currently on sale for 89 cents (CAD) at Fanatical https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/from-the-depths

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: June 21, 2018, 09:59:43 pm »

He said "the next 12 hours or so" and you posted more than 12 hours after that. It was free before.

Oh, I thought it had only been 3 hours. :V

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: June 21, 2018, 10:43:52 pm »

Oh, I thought it had only been 3 hours. :V

I can see how you missed it, since nobody posted for almost 12 hours after that post, so it could have looked like it was from the same day.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:45:25 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: June 22, 2018, 01:15:22 pm »

Starcraft 2's expansions (Zerg campaign and Protoss campaign, basically) are half off, $20.
The Terran campaign Wings of Liberty is still F2P.
(This is through Battle.net of course, not Steam)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: June 22, 2018, 04:58:22 pm »

Starcraft 2's expansions (Zerg campaign and Protoss campaign, basically) are half off, $20.
The Terran campaign Wings of Liberty is still F2P.
(This is through Battle.net of course, not Steam)

I bought wings of liberty back when I didn't know any better, so I got Swarm for free but never played it. How bad are the last two, if I may ask?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1134