Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453369 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14790 on: November 30, 2017, 02:53:47 pm »

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is free on humble bundle store right now. It's a third-person real-time-with-pause tactical shooter.
oh man, I've always wanted to play that but never wanted to buy it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: November 30, 2017, 03:07:25 pm »

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is free on humble bundle store right now. It's a third-person real-time-with-pause tactical shooter.
oh man, I've always wanted to play that but never wanted to buy it.

I’m pretty sure there’s a long list of ppl who hate that game. Something about how the gameplay is like discount Mass Effect.

All the same, a game’s a game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: November 30, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »

I found it kind of tragic; apparently it was a Bioshock clone before public outrage (and I think some independent development hell) turned it into a weird squad-thingy. You could sort of feel the first person aspects still poking through, and I think it would have been a better game if it'd just gone with what it was instead of twisting itself around trying to be a squad-based shooter Like Real XCOM.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: November 30, 2017, 05:20:55 pm »

Xenonauts is 75% off on Steam. Amazing game.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: December 02, 2017, 08:31:43 am »

I nabbed the older fallout games and Neo Scavenger recently. Played FO:Tactics for a few hours, then had a 15 day long run on Neo Scavenger. I wound up getting all six shots of a revolver to the face before I could drop my sled.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: December 04, 2017, 12:36:44 am »

Spoiler: Xenonauts (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:31 pm »

Had another go with Neo Scavenger recently. Really nice game. Unfortunately the save system is f---ed. After losing a few games I had to give up.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:00 am »

Yeah I lost a promising Neo Scavenger save too. I like the game overall but haven't got too far. In a weird way the inventory system (trying to haul waterbottles around in an old crisp packet, say) makes the desperate scavenging more immersive in that it forces you to go through the same thought processes about survival as you would in the real situation.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:22 am »

Believe me, unless you either like stock(crappy) ships, or download a bunch of viable ships off the Steam Workshop(getting them in-game is a little more complex), then you'll be spending a lot of time in the designer. My Steam playtime for FtD is 165 hours, around 5 of that is campaign play.

same. almost one thousand hours, never went beyond the second faction in the campaign.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: December 05, 2017, 03:14:20 pm »

Finnish games are now on a Steam sale in time for Finland's 100th independence day. Cities Skylines base game is 75% off.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:29 pm »

I also saw the two first Max Payne's in there. They're pretty good.

And Trine 1 and 2 is 85% off, something like 2.5 € for me. I liked those, it's pretty much The Lost Vikings except modern graphics (and to be fair, not the same difficulty). I've heard bad things about the third, but I'm contemplating picking it up. Maybe.
Love, scriver~

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: December 05, 2017, 03:38:48 pm »

Distant Worlds has hit GOG for about $20 US.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: December 05, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »

GOG got a bunch of other strategy games as well which are currently on sale:
Polaris Sector - Gold Edition is 50 % off at 21.19 euros for me
Pandora: First Contact - Gold Edition is 69 % off at 9.39 euros
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is 50 % off at 10 euros (never heard of this one until today)
And the already mentioned Distant Worlds: Universe is 67 % off at 18.19 euros, which is cheaper than it's ever been in Steam.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: December 05, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »

Hmm... I've played all of those.

Distant Worlds is bloody amazing, though it feels dated obviously. I think it's still better than Stellaris though. That being said, it also has the issue where you kinda run out of shit to do in the late game. Feels less gamey than Stellaris though, if you catch my meaning. Feels more like a living breathing galaxy and you feel more like a galactic Emperor rather than a galactic micromanager.

I still maintain Polaris Sector is fantastic for small scale gameplay. The combat and customization is fun and the lore text is frigging funny. It's one of those games that describes humans like how aliens would describe humans. That being said, it's fairly limited in scope. Also a lot of people don't like it.

Pandora First Contact sounds like it's amazing. It sounds like a sequel to Alpha Centauri. I can tell you it's basically the same as Beyond Earth. Soulless, boring, no fun. That being said, I only played the release version so no clue if it's good now. It's only $8 so... maybe try it? It's not worse than Beyond Earth I can tell you that. It'll probably be alright if you go in not expecting it to be Alpha Centauri.

Star Hammer is alright. Pretty fun campaign too. It's got a Homeworld-esque combat system though but it's not particularly deep or engaging in my opinion. It's basically a crappier version of Nexus: Jupiter Incident, which I adore.

----------

Edit:

Incidentally, World in Conflict is free right now on Uplay.

World in Conflict's campaign is superb. Easily one of the best RTS campaigns ever made. I highly recommend it.

This game broke my Tunguska virginity. Before this game I was unaware of the awesome girth of the Tunguska. Post-WiC, I now bow to the superiority of the mighty barrels and penetrating missiles of the air sweeper. Also I really should impress how good the campaign is. It's not like a traditional RTS with base building, more of a squad command thing... combined with Wargame's combined arms warfare. Again, I highly, highly recommend it. Despite Uplay.

----------

Edit edit:

Also this is reply #15000!

I hereby declare this a party!!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: December 05, 2017, 05:29:19 pm »

I'm not sure that's worth dealing with uPlay, unless it's been dramatically improved since the last few times I played a game using it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1134