Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453381 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14775 on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:02 am »

Should I get the whole X series, or just X3?

Don't bother with anything up to and including X3:R, get at least X3:TC, preferably X3:AP.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #14776 on: November 23, 2017, 11:47:19 am »

I enjoyed the older X-games, but I played them when they were kinda new so I'm not sure how well they've aged. X3 is definitely the better game as it's pretty much an evolution of the series (whereas Rebirth is a step back in some areas and in many ways a totally different game).

I would say get the X3:AP/X3:TC combo for $6.79 if you just want X3, and if you're interested the newest one get the egosoft collection and call the other games a free bonus since it's only $11.20 more and Rebirth with expansions is $14.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:56:23 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: November 23, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »

The combo X collection has verified quality of life mods. Grab it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »

Just a heads up for those looking for Paradox games like Stellaris and CK2.

You might have remembered a few months back when Paradox sneakily raised prices for everyone not in the US before backing down. Well, some of the online stores haven't actually lowered the prices. So if you see a larger than normal discount, make sure to check the price before actually buying.

Here's an example (for Canadians, doesn't work for US because obviously the price): https://www.wingamestore.com/product/5560/Stellaris/

It has a bigger discount than Steam, but because the base price is CAD51 instead of CAD43 like on Steam, it's more expensive.

Similarly, GMG has the game on sale for 60% off with an additional 15% off. But because of currency conversion, it still works out to be more expensive than Steam. For Canadians.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: November 23, 2017, 09:08:05 pm »

someone really doesn't like canadians, that's fucked

I enjoyed the older X-games, but I played them when they were kinda new so I'm not sure how well they've aged. X3 is definitely the better game as it's pretty much an evolution of the series (whereas Rebirth is a step back in some areas and in many ways a totally different game).

I would say get the X3:AP/X3:TC combo for $6.79 if you just want X3, and if you're interested the newest one get the egosoft collection and call the other games a free bonus since it's only $11.20 more and Rebirth with expansions is $14.

yeah, get the collection, its a pretty tight deal most times. i would actually recommend starting with x3 reunion if you can stomach it, i liked it as a extended learning game if you ignore the main story line. i felt more prepared for x3 tc's lack of handholding after learning to fight with my free mamba raider in x3 reunion. that thing was dope. learning how to control speed then led me to be able to handle my springblossom, the best ship ever made, so much better. (i do enjoy the hyperion but i like having good relations with all races except the pirate ones, so eh. i do make a point of buying one when i have mods that add the ability to buy a hyperion legally) being stuck in my springgy most times makes me feel less cheated in x rebirth, i never liked handling the sluggish capital ships.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:38 pm »

PTW( and get occasional free games/\)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: November 28, 2017, 11:53:27 pm »

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/nemesis-bundle-4

formerly known as bundlestars, fanatical is selling from the depths, an amazing construction sandbox game, for a buck.

don't care about the rest, that's a good deal right there.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:24 am »

It's a tiny sale but I moreso just wanted to let people know that Star Ocean - The Last Hope is a thing that exists.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: November 29, 2017, 12:45:41 pm »

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/nemesis-bundle-4

formerly known as bundlestars, fanatical is selling from the depths, an amazing construction sandbox game, for a buck.

don't care about the rest, that's a good deal right there.
I bought it. For $1.29, yeah I'll give it a shot.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: November 29, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »

from the depths is extremely complex, but it's good loads of fun when you figure out how to make your first boat that doesn't sink, then your first plane/aircraft that actually flies, and lastly complex carrier/battleship combos like the helicarrier from the avengers (with good knowledge and creative thinking, it's possible to make)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: November 29, 2017, 03:08:03 pm »

I've put about 40 hours into From The Depths just in the designer. Haven't even started my campaign yet. I highly recommend it if you fancy yourself a tinkerer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: November 29, 2017, 05:40:13 pm »

Believe me, unless you either like stock(crappy) ships, or download a bunch of viable ships off the Steam Workshop(getting them in-game is a little more complex), then you'll be spending a lot of time in the designer. My Steam playtime for FtD is 165 hours, around 5 of that is campaign play.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14789 on: November 30, 2017, 02:10:08 pm »

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is free on humble bundle store right now. It's a third-person real-time-with-pause tactical shooter.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1134