Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453340 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14760 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:32 pm »

Looks like Humble bundle is giving away Brutal Legend for free.

Go git 'em. Lasts 1 day and 21 hours from this post.
You're my hero. I've always wanted to pick up this game and had no idea about the Humble offer.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:59 pm »

the black friday has descended.

every game key site (gmg, bundlestars (now fanatical), humblestore) are all blowing up with massive sales.

i don't have a big enough wallet nor harddrive space for all the deals!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: November 22, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »

Divinity: Original Sin is pretty damn cheap on steam, so I grabbed that. XCOM2 War of the Chosen got a smaller discount, so I grabbed it too.

Meanwhile, on GOG, MDK is free. It's an old, trippy third-person shooter that I actually got the original CD-ROM of. Absolutely great.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: November 22, 2017, 07:43:17 pm »

If you have an account on GMG you can get 25% off the Nioh complete edition for the next ~6 hours. By all accounts it's pretty damn fantastic, and $37.50 isn't bad.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: November 22, 2017, 09:54:41 pm »

i have the money, but a combo of hdd space and light apathy have led me to not care about the sales this year. i have alot of games on my wishlist but ehh. i did pick up FF7 (love my classics) and Angels Fall First. the games i really want are Kingdom Come and Bannerlord, both of which aren't out yet.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: November 22, 2017, 10:50:54 pm »

If you're looking for a "putz around aimlessly and look at pretty scenery while not feeling pressured to do anything in particular... but still able to do stuff if you want" sort of experience, is No Man's Sky for 60% off offering that for a reasonable price, or at all?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: November 22, 2017, 11:10:30 pm »

If you're looking for a "putz around aimlessly and look at pretty scenery while not feeling pressured to do anything in particular... but still able to do stuff if you want" sort of experience, is No Man's Sky for 60% off offering that for a reasonable price, or at all?
Aren't you constantly pressured to look for resources to fill your dwindling meters?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: November 23, 2017, 01:08:09 am »

...and constant, needless, "just because" drone attacks, per some reviews I've read. Which is why I'm asking rather than being impulsive, no matter how shiny it still looks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: November 23, 2017, 01:33:09 am »

Agh shit damn why did I happen to be at the library using its superior internet when the Steam sale is on and I have... er... had money.

...Heh, nah, it's not that bad, but I did pick up a few cheap titles, cleaning off some of the cheaper bits of my wishlist.
Pandemonium, Gods Will Be Watching, Conga Master, Death's Hangover, Diehard Dungeon, N.P.P.D. RUSH - The Milk of Ultra Violet, The Silent Age, and just to bring the number of games up to a multiple of 4 I'll grab... Super Amazing Wagon Adventure. Man, that had been on my wishlist for a long time.

Well, hopefully all these work on my laptop, and hopefully I can download them all and still have time to head down the road and buy a pie from my favourite bakery. ^-^

Edit: Actually, on second thoughts I think I might head home now and do this tomorrow. The internet speed here has nosedived.
I'll probably be satisfying my gaming needs with DF for quite some time anyway, and besides I was already severely addicted to Rimworld.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:39:22 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: November 23, 2017, 04:37:51 am »

I picked up 3 pairs of originals and sequels: Zeno Clash 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2, and Banner Saga 1 & 2. I might go for more games later, though I'll probably just wait for the winter sale.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: November 23, 2017, 05:24:44 am »

If you like the old Sudden Strikes and Close Combat, Syrian Warfare is 50% off at about 10 EUR on Steam. It's the best spiritual successor to date imo.

Edit: Heads up. Just browsed to the front page. We got a new version of DF!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:26:49 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: November 23, 2017, 05:51:38 am »

Edit: Heads up. Just browsed to the front page. We got a new version of DF!

From what I've read thus far, the new version is a bit crashy at worldgen. This is likely to get patched tomorrow, so it's probably better to enjoy whatever spoils you've acquired from the sales for a bit :)
So, probably patch this up tomorrow, though the release process took 10 hours today, and probably'll still take 6 or so if it goes smoothly, so it'll be later in the day.  In the meantime, whether you survive worldgen will depend on luck, or if you remove the [SCOUT] class from entities.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14772 on: November 23, 2017, 09:37:29 am »

Aren't you constantly pressured to look for resources to fill your dwindling meters?
So I picked this up after it went on sale and I have to say either it's been substantially improved since launch or those early reviews were just super harsh. The resources thing isn't bad at all. Yes you have to refill your life support system but it's pretty lax. I'm not on the super hard mode, just the normal mode the game started with, but it isn't a chore. There is even an easier mode where you can just explore without worrying about the resource meters at all.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: November 23, 2017, 09:38:49 am »

Probably not. If it ever drops to $15 or below, maybe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: November 23, 2017, 11:06:32 am »

Should I get the whole X series, or just X3?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1134