Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453253 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14715 on: October 27, 2017, 06:36:40 am »

What about Ultimate General: Gettysburg ? EUR 3?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14716 on: October 27, 2017, 10:59:14 am »

Yeah. So far the only on-sale things that look remotely interesting that I don't already have are Men of War: Assault Squad 2(because I heard there's a WH40k mod for it)
If you get it hit me up and we'll play some co-op!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14717 on: October 27, 2017, 04:22:25 pm »

Picked up the Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + (finally), and the Witch Hunter and Undead DLCs for Mordheim. Plenty of other stuff I could afford but right now I just don't feel like I need another full game, and I'm waiting to see if the discounts are deeper during the Winter Sale.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14718 on: October 27, 2017, 04:38:35 pm »

What a lackluster sale on Steam. Very low discounts.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14719 on: October 27, 2017, 05:15:37 pm »

Here I am just waiting for divinity original sin 2 to go on sale so I can co-op with my friends.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14720 on: October 28, 2017, 04:43:09 am »

Speaking about D:OS 2, is it worth the full price? I've purchased D:OS 1 EE for a full price back then, and it turned out to be one of the most fun experiences I had with a game.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14721 on: October 28, 2017, 05:40:05 am »

If you liked the previous game, you would likely like the sequel.
But if you worry about your hard earned money, you should probably wait for a sale.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: October 28, 2017, 05:53:27 am »

NEO Scavenger is 75% off, I haven't played it yet but it looks pretty rad as a deep post-apocalyptic survival game.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14723 on: October 28, 2017, 06:40:08 am »

NEO Scavenger is 75% off, I haven't played it yet but it looks pretty rad as a deep post-apocalyptic survival game.

*checks Store page* Huh.. *looks at price* Pretty cheap. *instabuys*

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14724 on: October 28, 2017, 08:08:02 am »

With the sale on over at GOG.com you can get a whole bunch of old RPGs for cheap. Forgotten Realms archives 1-3, the Krynn series, Ravenloft series and the Darksun series are all about 75% off. That's about 16 games for ~ $20 AUD/$15 USD.
Most of these are the first person, grid based dungeon style like Grimrock though the Goldbox series have a top down turn based combat system. I think the Dark Sun series are more action orientated, going from the screenshots.

If you're looking for RPGs based on the old AD&D rules where THAC0 was the norm, you had to read from the manual for dialogue and fireballs make bigger explosions inside there's a lot of content in this lot.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: October 28, 2017, 08:54:27 am »

With the sale on over at GOG.com you can get a whole bunch of old RPGs for cheap. Forgotten Realms archives 1-3, the Krynn series, Ravenloft series and the Darksun series are all about 75% off. That's about 16 games for ~ $20 AUD/$15 USD.
Most of these are the first person, grid based dungeon style like Grimrock though the Goldbox series have a top down turn based combat system. I think the Dark Sun series are more action orientated, going from the screenshots.

If you're looking for RPGs based on the old AD&D rules where THAC0 was the norm, you had to read from the manual for dialogue and fireballs make bigger explosions inside there's a lot of content in this lot.
I think the best game of that type was Temple of Elemental Evil which had richly implemented DnD 3rd edition with turn based combat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14726 on: October 28, 2017, 10:07:13 am »

Grabbed myself Hollow Knight and Dead Cells in this sale. Haven't played Hollow Knight yet, but I'm loving Dead Cells.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:40 am »

Haven’t played Dead cells, but I found hollow knight absolutely charming. I played it straight after Ori, so it began feeling super janky, but soon started to really wow me.

Also, yeah, shallow sales galore. If I wasn’t going to buy a Hearts of Iron DLC for $15 USD i’m Not going to buy it for $10.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14728 on: October 28, 2017, 12:48:02 pm »

Speaking about D:OS 2, is it worth the full price? I've purchased D:OS 1 EE for a full price back then, and it turned out to be one of the most fun experiences I had with a game.
DOS2 is superb. It's not perfect by any means, but it's not often an isometric RPG has me replaying it several times. I think only Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics hold those honor for me. DOS 2 has now joined it. In fact, I suspect a majority of players actually are plenty happy to constantly repeat the intro just playing with things.

I really want to buy it to show support to the developers because I think they deserve it, but at the same time it's really expensive here in Canadaland. Also to play coop with my friends because they can't afford it right now either.

Not to mention there's still quite a lot of bugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: October 28, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »

I think the Dark Sun series are more action orientated, going from the screenshots.
Dark Sun pair are also top down turn based. Definitely a lot of fighting, but there's plenty of content overall and they're pretty ruddy interesting imo. Never got around to playing the sequel much, but I beat the first one not too long after it released, I think. So far as that particular time frame goes for those sorts of RPGs, I'd honestly rate DS1 as one of the best.

DS2 I keep getting distracted by other stuff, which is somewhat understandable considering I didn't find out about it until like a decade after release. General reaction to it seems to be that it's better in a lot of ways, but also had a pretty buggy release that didn't get much fixing until fans took a crack at it, and is a bit janky on that front still, despite the eventual attention.

Anyway, they're pretty solid top down RPGs from the 90s era. That the setting is one of the more unique is just icing, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1134