Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453181 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14655 on: September 14, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »

Psychonauts is free over on the humble store for the next two days or so. It's a pretty good game, so go and pick it up if you don't have it yet!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14656 on: September 14, 2017, 11:47:09 pm »

Also $12 gets you DMC4:SE, Dead Rising, and RE4, which is pretty decent value. Also a pile of other games but I've never heard of most of them. Two Sonic games, I think.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: September 15, 2017, 12:56:59 am »

BTW I have a couple of spare keys due to overlapping previous humble bundles now, HuniePop (NSFW, dating sim x candy crush) and World End Economica vol. 1 (SFW, visual novel, written by the author of Spice and Wolf) . If anyone wants either one PM me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:58:58 am by Reelya »

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: September 18, 2017, 07:44:44 pm »

GOG is having a Big Deal sale. Didn't dig into it too deeply yet as I'm heading to bed, but I noticed this in the announcement:
everyone who drops by GOG.com this Tuesday will come away with an absolutely, definitely, positively special something! If that sounds a bit odd, you'll just have to come and see.

Maybe it's a new publisher coming to GOG and a freebie to go with the announcement, or maybe it's absolutely, definitely, positively special something in the way it's uninteresting.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: September 19, 2017, 08:10:30 am »

It seems it was just a free key of Oddworld Abe's Odysee, for those 5 people that didn't already have it from some bundle...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: September 19, 2017, 04:22:33 pm »

Oddworld is also free over at Humble bundle.com. 
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14661 on: September 21, 2017, 12:42:43 pm »

Humble has a big sale. Outlast is free, The Witcher 3 is 50% off, XCOM2, Hitman (complete set, I think?) and Darkest Dungeon are 60% off, Metro Redux Bundle and FTL 75% off, Slime Rancher 33% off. Lots of other stuff, too, those are just highlights.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: September 21, 2017, 01:55:56 pm »

Witcher 3 has been 50% off multiple times before. Those others are pretty low. Also the site is throwing errors right now.

Steam has Stellaris on sale at a steeper cut than Crusader Kings 2 expansions, which are older than Stellaris.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:07:31 pm by BigD145 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14663 on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:16 pm »

Humble has a big sale. Outlast is free, The Witcher 3 is 50% off, XCOM2, Hitman (complete set, I think?) and Darkest Dungeon are 60% off, Metro Redux Bundle and FTL 75% off, Slime Rancher 33% off. Lots of other stuff, too, those are just highlights.
Only now have I realized how little interest I have in Outlast when I don't even think I would want to spend the time to pick it up when it's free.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: September 22, 2017, 01:55:24 am »

I can recommend Hitman (full season) at € 10-20. It's actually a Hitman game done right, and the content you get at that price makes it a bargain. Replayability, or at least the freedom of approaches, is high. The mechanics are more common sense now as well. However, I have this silent assassin achievement OCD, which might not be the the most enjoyable first approach though.

I'm usually an all in-er. One task / one game at a time with 100% attention and e.g. a full day at time. However, I realized that strategy failed due to the sheer content of Witcher 3 (GoTY). There's just an endless amount of content, no normal mortal could force even in a dozen all day sessions. At a casual pace the game could probably last as a side project for a year. €25 is a bit much, but worth it.

Tropico 5 complete at less than €10 is also a bargain, even though 4 stays more true to the series.

On Steam I would recommend Crisis in the Kremlin at less than €5. Difficult game. Paradox titles don't seem to have a great sale this time around. Would say buy only if you intend to play now. But then again, they might make a price hike and do a maximum 50% off at a later date as well. Mandate of Heaven is 20% only, they'll likely go down to 50% even with a hike, in the future, which likely will be cheaper anyway.

Don't know what Outlast is, but seems to have good reviews, and won't say no to a chance to expand my linux game library :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:03:24 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: September 22, 2017, 05:59:15 am »

Is Stellaris worth it? I've heard it kinda get samey after a few campaigns, yet it looks pretty interesting for me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: September 22, 2017, 06:19:28 am »

Is Stellaris worth it? I've heard it kinda get samey after a few campaigns, yet it looks pretty interesting for me.
It's kinda too bland to make you get back to it once you've seen most of the content. But you're still looking at ~50 hours of playtime before that happens, so it's not the worst way to spend your 16 EUR.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:26 am »

Stellaris is getting better and better, but it's a game you can play down the road, when there is 20 more DLCs :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: September 23, 2017, 07:24:36 am »

Stellaris is getting better and better, but it's a game you can play down the road, when there is 20 more DLCs :P

Didn’t realize Overkill had a hand in the development process...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: September 23, 2017, 10:32:41 am »

Didn’t realize Overkill had a hand in the development process...

Welcome to Paradox, $60 game and $200 of DLC to make the game not shallow and terrible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1134