Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453164 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14625 on: July 20, 2017, 12:51:52 pm »

A brand new game that just came out today, Ark but with Magic, is on sale. I'm in a drawing for a free copy but I'll probably buy it if I don't win just because.

There's also a pretty good RPG sale over on GOG.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:11 pm »

Warhammer sale going on on Steam. While most of it is the usual GW crap of late, notables are: Total War: Warhammer at -66%, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada at -70%, Blood Bowl 2 at -50%, Vermintide at -67%, and Man o' War: Corsair (I actually have no idea if it is good, but it is Mostly Positive on steam) at -25%.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: July 21, 2017, 11:34:22 am »

Double post, I guess, but Shadow Warrior (2013) is free on Humble right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: July 21, 2017, 12:59:49 pm »

Huh. I will probably never play that, but, well... free est. Might as well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: July 21, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »

GMG has deals on Fallout 4 and NuCom2 if anyone is still looking for that stuff.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

... You'll find em somewhere in that mess.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »

Kinda sales related... I can buy the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon for $10. Worth it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: July 21, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »

Darkest Dungeon's pretty nice, so... I guess? Not sure I'd buy it at ten (i be po', takes lower than that to get me to spend money these days, usually), but I would definitely say it's worth that much. There's apparently some modding and whatnot potential to it, though, so the PC version is probably the one you'd rather have, everything else being equal.

E: Or to put it a different way, I doubt you'd regret it at that price, unless there's something hellaciously wrong with the port. You just might not regret it harder with the PC version.

Also there's like a metric vulgarity ton or two of gameplay vids floating around. If you're unsure, check 'em out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:25:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14632 on: July 21, 2017, 09:33:33 pm »

I'd buy it just to listen to Wayne June talk. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: July 21, 2017, 09:50:30 pm »

Wait shit, the Ancestor is the same guy who does those Lovecraft readings? That makes incredible amounts of sense but I never noticed it. :o
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: July 21, 2017, 11:02:01 pm »

Kinda sales related... I can buy the PS4 version of Darkest Dungeon for $10. Worth it?
I like the beginning of Darkest Dungeon but after awhile it gets pretty tedious and tiresome. The loot and progression systems sucks super dick, though the combat is brutal and glorious.

It's certainly worth experiencing though, because of the atmosphere and the narrator.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: July 22, 2017, 04:34:38 am »

Wait shit, the Ancestor is the same guy who does those Lovecraft readings? That makes incredible amounts of sense but I never noticed it. :o

Yeah, I actually looked up a few after learning that. His 'Shadow Over Innsmouth' is good listenin'. Something kind of cool the devs did was they got him back in the studio to record lots of little personal lines for all the streamers who helped promote Darkest Dungeon, like LobosJr. If you've watched him, the 'Welcome to the Wolfpack' soundbite when someone subs is from that.[/derail]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:36:26 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: July 22, 2017, 05:51:32 am »

I like the beginning of Darkest Dungeon but after awhile it gets pretty tedious and tiresome. The loot and progression systems sucks super dick, though the combat is brutal and glorious.

It's certainly worth experiencing though, because of the atmosphere and the narrator.
Have you played it lately? A few months ago they added in a patch a "Radiant" mode that doesn't lower the difficulty at all, but cuts down on grinding significantly.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: July 22, 2017, 07:58:08 am »

Yeah, I actually looked up a few after learning that. His 'Shadow Over Innsmouth' is good listenin'. Something kind of cool the devs did was they got him back in the studio to record lots of little personal lines for all the streamers who helped promote Darkest Dungeon, like LobosJr. If you've watched him, the 'Welcome to the Wolfpack' soundbite when someone subs is from that.[/derail]
"Some quality content you have there, Vinny."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: July 24, 2017, 02:55:59 pm »

There's similar talk going on on the DD thread, so might be worth going there to find out other people's thoughts on it.

Have to agree, the loot/progression system is rubbish but the game is definitely worth playing. I just got pissed off with RNG one too many times and stopped playing. I just never felt to be able to influence the odds enough sometimes to make it not just feel like pure luck (which I dislike in games).

I'm a seasoned Roguelike player so I completely understand/enjoy a bit of RNG, but when you get a whole party wipe from a few bad rolls it just doesn't feel like fun.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

blkholsun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: July 24, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »

There's similar talk going on on the DD thread, so might be worth going there to find out other people's thoughts on it.

Have to agree, the loot/progression system is rubbish but the game is definitely worth playing. I just got pissed off with RNG one too many times and stopped playing. I just never felt to be able to influence the odds enough sometimes to make it not just feel like pure luck (which I dislike in games).

I'm a seasoned Roguelike player so I completely understand/enjoy a bit of RNG, but when you get a whole party wipe from a few bad rolls it just doesn't feel like fun.
I ragequit DD on several occasions and finally asked myself, "why am I doing this? This is never fun, it is only infuriating." Never looked back.
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1134