Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456417 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: SUMMER SALES 2017 STICKERS GALORE
« Reply #14490 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »

Well, Xcom 2 is 67% off right now which makes it $26.39 in canadian. If anyone was waiting for the game to get a price drop before buying it, this seems like a good opportunity. Unfortunately it seems like they don't have a definitive edition with all the dlc for sale yet so maybe it might be better to wait for the christmas sale instead?

I don't know, this is really just me asking about whether I should buy it now or wait. I got the original enemy unknown in a definitive edition like the one I mentioned above for an incredibly cheap price ( 15$ I think?) and I wonder if I should buy xcom 2 now or wait.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »

I would say that most of the DLC for XCOM 2 isn't all that necessary. Shen's Last Gift is good, Alien Rulers is kinda meh, and the others are just cosmetic. With the giant modding community on Steam, the cosmetic stuff isn't that necessary, although if you really dig the aesthetics of it go ahead.

But none of them enhance the game enough to be a reason to hold off on buying it if you really want it. The bulk of the good extras for that game all come from modding anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: June 22, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »

XCOM 2 is plenty good without any of the DLC. Hell Long War 2 does more to spice up the game than any of the DLC does combined.

Shen's Last Gift and Alien Rulers are blips in an otherwise long game. Sparks are nice, don't get me wrong, and the Alien Rulers gear is fairly l33t for when you can acquire it. But they don't add much else beyond that.

Basically, unless you've got major wood for XCOM2 story moments, you're not missing much by not having them.

Also River City Ransom Underground is 50%, which is a great price for a great game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:25:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:22 am »

E-mail this morning: 15 items from your Steam wishlist are on sale.
Boy, this is gonna hurt my wallet.

Stuff I'll get for sure:
Hearts of Iron IV 19.99€
Galactic Civilizations III 4.49€
Rebel Galaxy 5.99€
Mordheim 9.99€

And probably Hard West for 4.99€ and Dead Age for 4.49€

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:00 am »

Heh, mine said 96 items on wishlist were on sale...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: June 23, 2017, 03:55:47 am »

The paradox price increase was really bad, but the core problem is that the prices are inflated from the beginning already to account for that people, in practice, buy games during sales. Sure, it's very hard to argue for what a normal price is and what it should be, but if you compare what's offered feature wise, paradox cores (the games by themselves), offers less content than games like Rimworld and Dominions 4. In view of that, I think a fair price would be 20€.

Earlier, Paradox used to have 75% sales (which were indeed sales!), which would signify 50% off the real fair non-inflated price. A real sale.

Their DLC and pricing policy has made their games fall dramatically in short term ratings on Steam.

Anyway, I got "Depth" which I thought was interesting, as well as the nation pack for Red Dragon. Ten of my wishlist games are on sale, but mostly 10% off, or some DCS planes at 40% (they need a 75%).

Nonsale pricing of Civ 6 is just insane. 60 euro? Same goes for Fallout 4, when's the "GOTY" edition coming out?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:57 am »

https://steamdb.info/app/377160/ shows Fallout 4 went to 29.99 euro earlier this month. Make sure you're not looking at Fallout 4 VR, which is 59.99 euro and won't be out until later this year. Safe bet would be Fallout 4 + DLC edition coming after VR, so maybe in time for the holiday season?

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: June 23, 2017, 08:59:38 am »

I'm trying to moderate myself this time. Not because I can't afford games, but because I already have a big backlog of games I never installed.
So I'm only buying stuff I'm sure I'll play for a while:

Rebel Galaxy
Mordheim
GalCiv III
Tales of Maj'eyal I-III

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: June 23, 2017, 10:17:24 am »

I, on the other hand, bought 11 things. Meh, it's almost my birthday and my wife was bugging me for present ideas.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: June 23, 2017, 10:30:56 am »

picked up TW:W, Superhot, and Halcyon 6 for 40 bucks. Pricey for sales, but not a bad deal for all three combined.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: June 23, 2017, 10:33:47 am »

Rebel Galaxy
I'm not sure you'll play this "for a while".

It felt repetitive, even coming at it from playing dozens of hours of Dungeon Crawl.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:39 am »

Neptunia VII and Atelier Sophie for me.
Also tried to get Hyperdevotion Noire as it was only three bucks but its such a terrible port I can't get it to run so I'm returning it.

I actually recommend the first three neptunia games to anyone who o enjoys that sort of thing, they're actually pretty decent games under the verneer of their theme.

Might get oneway heroics two as well since it's only $1
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:24 am »

Rebel Galaxy
I'm not sure you'll play this "for a while".

It felt repetitive, even coming at it from playing dozens of hours of Dungeon Crawl.

Well, I read in the reviews some people found it repetitive.
But I'm a sucker for spaceships and explosions. For 5.99€, I'll be happy if I get 20 hours out of it.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: June 23, 2017, 11:33:09 am »

Rebel Galaxy

If you didn't buy this yet, you might want to ask if anyone still has their code from GOG's summer sale. Everyone who bought something got a free redeemable code that's valid until June 27, 23:59 CEST.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1134