Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456395 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14475 on: June 22, 2017, 03:00:24 pm »

Neither is necessary in this thread. As much as garbo Steam servers are they mellow out within the hours. And there is no need to attack others on their feelings on things either. Move on.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: June 22, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »

Good news! Paradox has decided to roll back the idiotic price increases they did: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-comment-from-fred-ceo-r-e-pricing-update-read-post-68.1031121/page-4#post-23000490

They can't do it during the sale but they'll honor refunds when they roll them back after.

For obvious reasons I don't recommend buying their things on "sale" right now if you're not in the US since the price will go down to varying degrees after. As an example, here in Canadaland, the prices were jacked up by 40% prior to the sale so buying it on a mediocre discount is kinda dumb.

I still can't believe they had the gall to pull something this ridiculous but at least they're fixing it.

---

Edit: Oh for people who can't go on the forum, I'll copy paste what the CEO said in that post:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: June 22, 2017, 03:08:32 pm »

Saw it mentioned, Hollow Knight is an awesome game. Honestly, I would recommend it full price, if you can get it on sale DO IT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: SUMMER SALES 2017 STICKERS GALORE
« Reply #14479 on: June 22, 2017, 03:22:56 pm »

On a similar Humble Bundle-esque note, don't buy Dark souls 2 right now if you want to. For the exact same price as what it's on sale for on steam you can get it right now plus some other games later by just doing humble monthly for a month. (Unless for some reason you really want the original DS2 instead of the Scholar of the First Sin edition).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:04 pm »

Shadow of Mordor GOTY is currently -80%, Witcher III Wild hunt is -50%, Dark Souls III is -60% and the Dark Souls III deluxe edition is -50%, fairly decent markdowns there.

Lots of substantial markdowns on indie games too, a bunch are 75-80% off
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:27:12 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:48 pm »

Portal 2 is $2! It's at 90% off right now. If anyone hasn't played it yet, I can't recommend it enough at that price.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: June 22, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »

If you're interested, Civ III is only $1.24.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: June 22, 2017, 03:35:01 pm »

Now, this is an EA game, and a bit niche, but Rogue System is 70% off (most it's ever been, iirc).
It's what you'd get if Orbiter and Frontier had a baby (but it's still learning to walk).

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: June 22, 2017, 03:41:51 pm »

Shadow of Mordor GOTY is currently -80%, Witcher III Wild hunt is -50%, Dark Souls III is -60% and the Dark Souls III deluxe edition is -50%, fairly decent markdowns there.

Lots of substantial markdowns on indie games too, a bunch are 75-80% off
Ooh thx, I've been looking to pick up DS3 to complete my collection.  Going to stick to vanilla; even on sale the deluxe edition is more than I'm used to paying for games, but at least we live in a world where a weird series like that can charge top dollar and still sell a bunch. 
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: June 22, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »

Portal 2 is $2! It's at 90% off right now. If anyone hasn't played it yet, I can't recommend it enough at that price.
This. I don't even like puzzle games, and I loved Portal 2.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: June 22, 2017, 03:45:25 pm »

Looks like a bunch of Obsidian games are marked down decently, both Tyranny and Torment are 50% off currently.

Oh hey, Darkest Dungeon is 60% off, might pick that up.

Bloodbowl II is 66% off, could be a good time to get your Waaaggghhh! on if you're interested.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:50:16 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: June 22, 2017, 03:55:02 pm »

I've been reading reddit Should I Buy [SIB] posts. 
On top of reviews, I would still need to watch a few YT game plays just to get a more feel for the game. 

But I would probably just panic buy games in my list that are less than $5 on the last day

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: June 22, 2017, 04:13:15 pm »

First Steam sale in a while that I actually have  quite a few games I'm seriously interested in. Not that I really have time for them, given that I still have a backlog of games I haven't even tried out yet.

The quandary is bad this time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: June 22, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »

Knights of the old republic is 2.50 . A steal for one of the best RPGs ever made.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1134