Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456253 times)

RazielReaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14385 on: May 12, 2017, 03:04:46 am »

Typical, they make an *Ultimate Edition* and release another DLC.
I expect nothing less from the devs who promised no P2W or microtransactions only to include P2W and microtransactions later. Then remove them when they realized their fanbase hates them now.

They were forced to by their publisher (505 games), they didn't have a choice. So starbreeze (the owner of overkill) bought the full rights back from 505 games and then they removed the microtransactions.

The microtransactions were a bad move, yes - but don't blame the developers for it. At worst, they are guilty of making a promise (no microtransactions ever) they were not sure they could keep.

Edit: some googling reveals the above is just a theory, I had thought I read it was the actually confirmed... so decide for yourself I guess.
Stop defending them, it's always the publisher that gets blamed when the devs try something scumfucky.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: May 12, 2017, 03:21:13 am »

Considering I paid $30 (or $20, like current?) for the game at launch and got 94 intense hours of enjoyment from it, I've never understood the sheer level of hate they get from their most dedicated players (such as my brother).  It's a really good full game that they never charged full price for, which really looks like a mistake on their part.  Apparently earned them no goodwill.

Even after all these years of extra development, the entire game with all DLC is $50.  Or $20 for the "base" game I enjoyed all that time (plus years of free improvement).  How "scumfucky". 
The DLC apparently aren't needed to enjoy the game, I can attest, unless you overplay the vanilla content to a (from my perspective) ridiculous degree.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: May 12, 2017, 04:33:08 am »

I didn't really enjoy Payday2, I think I just didn't really get it as a game somehow and couldn't understand what so many people see in it. Its not a shoot-em-up, it's not tactical enough to be a SWAT like game and it's not stealthy enough to be that sort of thing either.

Rolan/others, what do you enjoy about it? I've always felt to be missing something.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: May 12, 2017, 06:20:54 am »

I've been with Payday 2 for a while, with plenty of changes.

Its kinda like warframe, tbh. You farm and you get cool shit "Now I get to get cool shit", but all you ever do is just farm way more, in the most effective (not-cool) way. Sure you can take it easy, pick a cool skillset (not effective) and a lower difficulity (not effective) and just have some fun, but from a progression standpoint, its a waste of time.

(It's great if you have several friends that share your approch however)

It kinda used to be very "Oh I got the saw skill" -> Awesome mate "Hey your Mastermind, take care of the hostages" and it felt a little like a "real" bank-robbery and was kinda fun. Nowadays I only really notice teammates when they fuck up, not for there postives. Its filled with people that like grinding and there is a lot to grind for, but the way you have to grind (either stealth-cheese or dodge-change-build-cheese) is not to my taste. I like shoting cops (hi watchlist), but that gameplay is not really supported (effective) at higher Levels, as a guy with max possible armor in the game can only last like 0.5 sec longer under fire - while moving way slower and not having any "dodge shots" chance.

_______

Imagine Rainbow Six Siege (Engine) with the Background systems of Payday 2 (a bit toned down), throw out bad stealth (switch it for "cover based stealth" or "loud stealth, like MGS" or "debuff-spam-stealth"), so loud and "stealthy" players can share a game and allow several very different playstyles, like a nader that just ignores doors, a lil guy that builds his sniper-hideout, melee-dude... ~sigh~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: May 12, 2017, 08:19:40 am »

"Bad stealth"

"MGS"

I am confuzled.

Also, how is MGS loud stealth?

As with a lot of stealth games, noise tends to get you spotted more easily.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: May 12, 2017, 09:22:58 am »

Cheers for that rundown ThtblovesDF, I kinda felt it was supposed to be more of a sort of SWAT/RS:Siege type game of tactics when I bought it, but then it seemed more about grinding and whatever which was a bit weird.

I'll try to get into it again sometime as I'm sure it's fun, it just wasn't what I was expecting I suppose
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:12 am »

The main issue with payday 2, especially starting out, is you have no options. For armor, all you have is the fairly stealthy suit, but that provides no protection. For weapons, all you have are the fairly loud and relatively weak starter pistol and rifle, and no way to be silent. Even melee attacks make a LOT of noise, and will alert people through walls. This makes starting an incredible chore, and even burning your rank and starting over is a pain unless you spec into the card tree that gives dual world.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14392 on: May 12, 2017, 11:58:18 am »

I've got a few hundred hours in Payday 2. I love how unforgiving the stealth is. Ochita can attest to that, since I dragged him along on a hundred or so of those missions. I started to really come around to the loud missions though once I developed a decent build.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: May 12, 2017, 12:14:47 pm »

I like shoting cops (hi watchlist), but that gameplay is not really supported (effective) at higher Levels, as a guy with max possible armor in the game can only last like 0.5 sec longer under fire - while moving way slower and not having any "dodge shots" chance.
Not quite true. I played (burned out after 180 hours logged) almost exclusively loud and on higher difficulties with heavy armour. It really comes down to the build. Mine was about stacking damage resistance, heavy armour, the ability to shout at people until they stop bleeding out, and whatever perk deck caused melee attacks to restore health and shields. Then I'd just get in the cops faces with a fast melee weapon and had fun being unkillable.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14394 on: May 12, 2017, 12:33:18 pm »

After playing Deathwish and getting good at it I can't play the game any other way.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: May 12, 2017, 01:37:20 pm »

The Humble spring sale is on right now: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

I wish there was some magic way to apply my steam wishlist and my gog wishlist to humblebundle to just browse through the sales I'm wishing for.   :P

These days there is just too many titles for me to sort through manually.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: May 12, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »

I wish there was some magic way to apply my steam wishlist and my gog wishlist to humblebundle to just browse through the sales I'm wishing for.   :P

These days there is just too many titles for me to sort through manually.
[cough]www.isthereanydeal.com[/cough]

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: May 12, 2017, 02:57:51 pm »

I...oh god...what have I done.

(EDIT: As an aside from me going absolutely bargain crazy, it's worth noting that most of the items within packs (like the elite dangerous one) are basically reduced to the same amount as if you bought them in a pack, so need to buy a whole pack if you just wanted one item.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:59:46 pm by Retropunch »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: May 12, 2017, 05:32:02 pm »

I saw that the complete War for the Overworld pack was on sale on the Humble store for 40% off and was curious to see how it was like now.

I torrented it a long time ago when it was first released to see if it was any good and back then it was pretty clear it was still in development. Then I forgot about it until now.

So I torrented it again, the complete pack this time and after playing 5 minutes of the tutorial I went to buy it straight out. It's soooooo much better now.

So for those who are looking for the Dungeon Keeper fix, I recommend you check it out. Holy shit the narrator is as good as ever.

For those of you who don't know what Dungeon Keeper is and you're on the Dwarf Fortress forums. What? Why are you here? How can you be on these forums without knowing what Dungeon Keeper is?
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1134