Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455328 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14220 on: April 01, 2017, 04:41:49 am »

Morrowind is on sale on Steam
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: April 01, 2017, 04:58:52 am »

Scorched Earth is definitely worthwhile, it's practically a different game and much more challenging than vanilla ARK. If you do multiplayer the lack of pteras and quetzes makes the PvP meta 1000% times less shit.

Definitely.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: April 01, 2017, 05:28:02 am »

Fuck yes.  The mother of all games.

Quote from: Eric, Prince of Amber
Scorched earth is great but not nearly as challenging as vanilla ark PvP
(My brother, when I asked him just now)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: April 01, 2017, 07:45:56 am »

Holy shit that brings back memories. I was always more of a Battle For Atlantis/Chip's Challenge guy, but SE was great too.

That's specifically because of the lack of fast fliers, since you don't get lag-snatched instantly by some fucker on his supersonic ptera. The PvE stuff is much more challenging. And personally I prefer PvP to be an actual fight instead of a race to get the first grab.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14224 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:10 am »

Holy shit that brings back memories. I was always more of a Battle For Atlantis/Chip's Challenge guy, but SE was great too.

That's specifically because of the lack of fast fliers, since you don't get lag-snatched instantly by some fucker on his supersonic ptera. The PvE stuff is much more challenging. And personally I prefer PvP to be an actual fight instead of a race to get the first grab.
Should probably just stop playing on servers with PVP grab enabled.
As if there aren't any grabbing fliers in Scorched Earth ::)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: April 01, 2017, 09:27:58 am »

Argents aren't anywhere near the same. Scorched Earth PvP is pretty much unrecognizable compared to Island or Center, and it's specifically because of the lack of pteras and quetzes. Granted, swarms of rock eles and wyverns aren't particularly great either, but they can at least be countered with things other than "do the exact same thing, but more".

ARK's PvP is shit, and half of it is down to glass cannon pteras/foundation-protected quetzes. The other half is down to how no-cap movespeed tends to play out, especially on bad servers. Granted, I stopped playing PvP ARK a while back anyways, since it's completely dominated by cross-server zergs and cowards who only offline raid and kill passives.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14226 on: April 02, 2017, 08:37:22 pm »

Steam is doing an anime sale. Tons of anime games and movies, the latter including the Ghost in the Shell movies.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: April 02, 2017, 11:26:32 pm »

It's basically streaming so you are locked into Steam. There's no putting files on anything that can't run Steam. Pretty much locked into a desktop or laptop computer. Your tv can't run steam.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14228 on: April 02, 2017, 11:28:27 pm »

It's basically streaming so you are locked into Steam. There's no putting files on anything that can't run Steam. Pretty much locked into a desktop or laptop computer. Your tv can't run steam.

Sure it can, if you use a steambox. Or connect your PC to the TV. TVs are just glorified monitors these days, after all.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14229 on: April 03, 2017, 12:00:41 am »

Sure it can, if you use a steambox. Or connect your PC to the TV. TVs are just glorified monitors these days, after all.

TVs have streaming capability, but not Steam. So you are locked into a PC, as I said. Cruncyroll has apps for almost every device. Steam does not.

The anime's are fairly expensive, especially at the rental prices.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14230 on: April 03, 2017, 01:13:10 am »

Yeah, I'm not paying $13 to stream a single season of a show.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14231 on: April 03, 2017, 05:06:38 am »

It's also worth noting that several of the ones on offer from crunchyroll through steam are the censored originally broadcast versions rather than the uncensored versions available on blu-ray.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: April 04, 2017, 04:30:03 pm »

If you want Destroy All Humans 1&2 (PS4 edition), Darksiders 1&2 (PS3/PS4), and some other things I haven't played but are either ps3 or ps4 games, and you are in the US (or elsewhere, as long as that elsewhere is in this list), there is currently a bundle for that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14233 on: April 04, 2017, 05:29:21 pm »

So.... the U.K. isn't included?

Drat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: April 04, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »

Welcome to region locking. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1134