Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454908 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14100 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:49 pm »

Question: is this free XCOM the original DOS program, or the 1999 Windows release with the blaster launcher bug, or something else?
Just download OpenXcom to fix the bug and get it running natively on windows, wih more besides.

Would you recommend XcomUtil or OpenXcom?
Definitely OpenXcom.
No contest.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #14101 on: February 02, 2017, 01:03:49 pm »

Space Beast Terror Fright 2-pack is on sale at Chrono.gg.

I played it a bunch, alone with sometimes with folks online. Hella scary for a while. I enjoyed it :)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: February 03, 2017, 11:11:08 pm »

Anyone played Armello? It's on sale for 30% off, at $13.99. I've been eyeing it for a while, and I don't think it's going to go much lower.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: February 04, 2017, 12:34:42 am »

Armello is quite good. Don't bother with the cash grabs. Base game is fine. Although I think it's been half off.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: February 04, 2017, 04:42:00 am »

According to isthereanydeal.com, it hasn't been lower since May of last year. It seems like 13.99 is as low as it's going to get for a while.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: February 04, 2017, 04:20:16 pm »

edit: Whoops. Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:24:41 pm by Ultimuh »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: February 04, 2017, 04:24:48 pm »

Urban Empire felt like a really passive game.
Cities Skyline has a thread around here, I think. Basically, it wasn't bad, but its system (a Sim City focused on inhabitants moving throught your city to go to their job) had a limit because traffic jams happened too easily once you got a really big city, or if you used some road connection (I don't know how much they've fixed that).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: February 04, 2017, 04:27:31 pm »

Yeah.. I posted in the wrong thread, moved my post to the "recommend me a game" thread.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: February 04, 2017, 09:38:24 pm »

Heh, I got the XCOM: UFO Defence free key, but it turns out i already had it in another bundle. Now I have a spare key for that which is good to redeen for 10 days, if anyone missed the special offer.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: February 04, 2017, 10:21:27 pm »

There was a free X-COM 1 offer??  :P
Too bad you specified "UFO Defense", or I could have annoyingly pretended that you were talking about NewCOM.

Companies giving the same name to remakes is never going to be okay, and random gamers will surely pay for my irritation.
Even though it's technically X-COM and XCOM, at least.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: February 05, 2017, 02:23:05 am »

Sang Froid: Tales of Werewolves is free on steam. I played it a few years ago, it is a bit rough around the edges but I enjoyed playing it all the way through. I found the french voiceover to be better than the english one if you understand the language.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227220/

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: February 05, 2017, 02:28:22 am »

There was a free X-COM 1 offer??  :P
Too bad you specified "UFO Defense", or I could have annoyingly pretended that you were talking about NewCOM.

Companies giving the same name to remakes is never going to be okay, and random gamers will surely pay for my irritation.
Even though it's technically X-COM and XCOM, at least.

I don't think there's too much they could do with the reboot name differently unless you didn't want new XCOM games, but then it wouldn't have had the same selling power, thus would have had to have been made a lot cheaper if they renamed it completely non-XCOM.

And after a 20-year gap calling it XCOM4 would just be confusing for new players, since this is a reboot, and there are in fact a few lesser XCOM games in between, such as XCOM: Enforcer.

Also the original was also called "Enemy Unknown", but that was (EDIT: almost) never paired with the "XCOM" brand, but under the name "UFO: Enemy Unknown" outside North America, so I think XCOM: Enemy Unknown is actually a clever homage to the original that is recognizable to both American and non-American players of the first game.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:38:04 am by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: February 05, 2017, 02:31:47 am »

Actually maybe it's okay for reboots, yeah, just not sequels/prequels in the same canon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14113 on: February 05, 2017, 06:13:53 am »

Heh, I got the XCOM: UFO Defence free key, but it turns out i already had it in another bundle. Now I have a spare key for that which is good to redeen for 10 days, if anyone missed the special offer.

If it hasn't been taken, I'd love that. I was doing other things while the sale was on, apparently, and missed it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: February 05, 2017, 01:40:54 pm »

I also have a spare key from it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1134