Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454689 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14055 on: January 13, 2017, 03:06:28 pm »

Humble bundle is doing another free game, Dirt Showdown, for just under 22 hours from posting this. The key you are sent needs to be redeemed by January 28th.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: January 13, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »

Who devs/publishes the Dirt series? They keep giving away thier stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14057 on: January 13, 2017, 07:11:19 pm »

Codemasters; that's actually three in a row for them @ Humble.  Grid, Dirt 3 Complete, and now Dirt Showdown.

Looks awfully desperate from here...  maybe the racing genre has been suffering recently?  The not-really-optional-for-MP input devices are expensive, and that makes the buy-in unattractive.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: January 14, 2017, 10:50:33 am »

Codemasters; that's actually three in a row for them @ Humble.  Grid, Dirt 3 Complete, and now Dirt Showdown.

Looks awfully desperate from here...  maybe the racing genre has been suffering recently?  The not-really-optional-for-MP input devices are expensive, and that makes the buy-in unattractive.

To drive that home a little: I couldn't redeem my code since I already have the game...from a previous giveaway on Humble.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14059 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:03 am »

I haven't had any of the three that they've given away now, but of the first two (Dirt 3, GRID), I found Forza 4 on my 360 less problematical, in terms of how the cars control. Dirt 3 was frustrating because nothing can maneuver on dirt, apparently, but GRID is annoying too, not least because while it has controllable cars, it also requires you to drive cars that seemingly can't turn without spinning out before you can get your own car (and I have no idea how well that one controls).

For the record, I'm using a 360 controller.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: January 14, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »

Those games are all fairly old now and have been in bundles before, they're trying to get more attention towards Dirt Rally, the latest one, which excellent and far more simulation-oriented, as well as F1 2016 which isn't what I'm into but was apparently quite well-reviewed.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: January 26, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »

Humblebundle.com has a Payday 2 bundle out there. For a buck you get the base game, a gun pack, and some other stuff. For 6 bucks, you get the GOTY edition and a bunch more DLC. For a dollar I highly recommend it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14062 on: January 26, 2017, 07:20:06 pm »

Mass Effect 2 is free on Origin.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #14063 on: January 26, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »

I haven't had any of the three that they've given away now, but of the first two (Dirt 3, GRID), I found Forza 4 on my 360 less problematical, in terms of how the cars control. Dirt 3 was frustrating because nothing can maneuver on dirt, apparently, but GRID is annoying too, not least because while it has controllable cars, it also requires you to drive cars that seemingly can't turn without spinning out before you can get your own car (and I have no idea how well that one controls).

For the record, I'm using a 360 controller.

GRID ain't bad but extremely twitchy compared to forza. it's more arcade geared, car handling isn't bad overall but everything is just faster. GRID 2 is trash and killed the series for me (who have played since the first TOCA)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: January 28, 2017, 12:24:19 pm »

Such wonderful deals, komrades.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: January 28, 2017, 01:40:43 pm »

Such wonderful deals, komrades.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently they love the Witcher and Gal Civ 3 over there in Russia. Wait....i have those same deals on my store page! I've been hacked!

This was the point of all those hacks during the election, to monitor our buying patterns.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14066 on: January 28, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

My Steam changed its language on me for no reason. I know I didn't change it.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: January 28, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »

Is it possible someone has access to your account?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14068 on: January 28, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

Is it possible someone has access to your account?

Highly unlikely. Could be an installer locally.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: January 29, 2017, 01:59:31 pm »

I've had it do that to me a few times in the past. No-one else has even gotten access to my account; it's a (mostly) harmless glitch.
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1134