Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454593 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14025 on: December 25, 2016, 03:09:42 am »

Well it's Christmas (in this country) and I'm on my own this year, so I've decided to get myself a special gift from my Steam wishlist. I'm currently torn between these two - recommendations?

The Metronomicon - I love rhythm games and this one looks like a lot of fun.
Grow Up - I loved Grow Home and this looks like similar fun.

EDIT: Oh, I also have my eye on The Magic Circle...

I really enjoyed The Magic Circle, it's deliciously meta without being obvious or smarmy.  On several occasions I thought up a way to try and break the game, sequence break or simply wondered if I could reach a spot when it looked like I couldn't, and the devs had prepared for very nearly all of them.  One scene in particular (no details because omg spoilers) is amazingly honest and brutal, and very nearly worth the asking price for alone.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: December 25, 2016, 03:22:34 am »

Can someone tell me whether Mad Max still has Denuvo DRM? Trash 3rd Party DRM = instant no buy.

Why would WB Games remove DRM which still wasn't cracked? Plus from what I saw about this game, is that it's pretty much Batman: AK clone, but in Mad Max universe.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: December 25, 2016, 06:15:24 am »

Plus from what I saw about this game, is that it's pretty much Batman: AK clone, but in Mad Max universe.

The close quarter combat is similar to WB's Batman games, but the vehicular combat is the best I've seen in an open world game and does not exist in Batman games.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14028 on: December 25, 2016, 06:30:30 am »

The close quarter combat is similar to WB's Batman games, but the vehicular combat is the best I've seen in an open world game and does not exist in Batman games.

I don't know how about Mad Max, but vehicular combat in AK was pretty much "shoot the glowing blue thingie for instakill" or "kill otherwise invincible heavy drones by shooting glowing red thingie on their backs". But everybody gets my opinion about B: AK, I hated it and it made me boycott WB Games. Don't even start on PC port which still sucks. The story is lousy at best, Batmobile is like 85% of the game, Batman is a cruel asshole, you need to get 100% completion if you want to see non-sensical "true ending".

Sorry for the rant, I just really hate that game. I need to learn how to control myself.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: December 25, 2016, 06:48:40 am »

Two games still on my Wishlist that I can play on my current system and am actually interested in: Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea. How do people feel about them?
Darkest Dungeon is really nice. The tone and style are super well done and persistent, which gives the whole thing a lovely dark/Lovecraftian ambience. Mechanically it's a position-based dungeon crawler with some nifty synergy/tactical decisionmaking going on. Most of the character-related systems are a little weak, sadly, but your guys are still pretty interesting when you can tell them apart from each other.

Conversely, I found Sunless Sea pretty dull. It also tries for a dark and/or Lovecraftian setting, but it doesn't have the same elegant ambience. It tries to make up for that with a lot more background lore and quest stories, but I felt like those fell flat too. Part of the problem is just that when everywhere you visit is a blind cannibal monastery, it sort of loses its impact. Part of the problem is that it's not really relevant to anything except curiosity, and mostly curiosity about that rock in particular at that. Mechanically, it's pretty clunky and formulaic, so if the stories don't hook you it's likely nothing will.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: December 25, 2016, 06:51:43 am »

I haven't played much of Darkest Dungeon; when I first bought it, my PC was such shite it wasn't able to run it very well, and I have such a massive backlog at this point that I haven't gotten around to reinstalling it. From what little I did play, though, I can confirm Irony's statements on the style and mechanics, and I would also like to add that it probably has the absolute best opening narration of any game I've heard, ever, except for maybe King's Field 2 (though I like the one in KF2 in much more of an ironic sense than an actual one).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: December 25, 2016, 09:17:05 am »

Darkest Dungeon has some of the best narration, period. It might not be quite as extensive as, say, Bastion, but the voice actor absolutely sells every line.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14032 on: December 25, 2016, 09:22:31 am »

ArmA III's Apex DLC is on sale for 50% off--that's about $17, the first reasonable price it's had.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14033 on: December 25, 2016, 09:26:16 am »

Darkest Dungeon has incredible atmosphere (graphics + narration are amazing) however I got a little bit tired with how RNG it can be. You can sometimes get full party wipes from a few bad hits. It's improved a lot more recently, but it got a bit frustrating how luck based it was.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: December 25, 2016, 09:33:22 am »

Games like Darkest Dungeon have made me absolutely hate critical hits, so do be careful there.

I mean, party members can crit as well, but one should never pin their hopes on a miracle.

As if Team Fortress 2 hadn't yet done a good enough job of that...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: December 25, 2016, 09:44:52 am »

Games like Darkest Dungeon have made me absolutely hate critical hits, so do be careful there.

I mean, party members can crit as well, but one should never pin their hopes on a miracle.

Yeah, I love a bit of RNG and that feeling where everything is swimming along nicely and then *BAM* you need to switch everything up, but Darkest Dungeon sometimes can sometimes just hit you with 4 crits in a row with nothing you can do about it/do to redeem the situation.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: December 25, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

Space Rangers 2 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/214730/ at -75%
Thea: The Awakening - http://store.steampowered.com/app/378720/ at -50%

You can never go wrong with SR2 especially at that price and Thea is worth it even without discount (with free expansion-sized DLC to boot). Both are unique in their own right: SR2 is an RTS combined with RPG, turn-based space simulation, CYOA quests and arcade hyperspace battles. Thea is a survival strategy with cards, CYOA segments, roguelike and RPG elements .
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:16:47 am by woosholay »

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: December 26, 2016, 08:01:22 am »

I've decided to buy Witcher 3. But I cannot decide where to buy it from - gog or steam, as both stores have pros and cons.

GOG pro - it is CDPR's own store, so all money goes to them. Also nodrm. Con is that 1.31goty scripts are pretty much unsupported by many mods on the nexus, as most of them are made for 1.30.

Steam pro - achievements, time tracking, etc. All that bits and pieces that pat my internal completionist. 1.30 scripts (actually 1.31, but they are quite a bit different from 1.31goty scripts from gog and are compatible with 1.30) that are supported by most of the significant nexus mods. Con - CDPR gets only part of my money, steam drm.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14038 on: December 26, 2016, 08:24:46 am »

Can someone tell me whether Mad Max still has Denuvo DRM? Trash 3rd Party DRM = instant no buy.

Why would WB Games remove DRM which still wasn't cracked? Plus from what I saw about this game, is that it's pretty much Batman: AK clone, but in Mad Max universe.
Because it has been cracked, and other devs have been stripping it out of their games. Like the new Doom.

Its no longer the magical unicorn of protection.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: December 26, 2016, 11:05:40 am »

Because it has been cracked, and other devs have been stripping it out of their games. Like the new Doom.

Its no longer the magical unicorn of protection.

Yup, but it took a time to crack the game and Denuvo did what it needed to do: Prevent the piracy and thus loss of money.
There's still no way to crack Denuvo within first few weeks of the game release.

And now I suggest that we'll not derail this thread into the philosophical discussion about piracy, or Toady will smite me (or someone else) for discussing piracy.

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1134