Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454178 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13830 on: November 24, 2016, 01:01:15 am »

Would you recommend getting the actual game itself? I've heard bad things, but I think most of it was about the old payment system.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: November 24, 2016, 01:19:12 am »

The game is buy to play with no required monthly fee.  The required monthly fee is the thing that was removed.
-snip-
Emphasis on required, even said it twice.  Most if not all F2P MMOs have an optional subscription.

ESO is a fine WoW clone.  I had enough fun to go sub for a few months to play the content packs.  They've slowly been turning from a WoW clone and more into a multiplayer ES game, still not perfect.

For the price it's at least worth a shot.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: November 24, 2016, 11:24:11 am »

Amazon has a deal today for an Oculus Rift + PC w/mouse&keyboard, $999.00 with free shipping and handling, comes with $100 Oculus Store credit. Best sale I've seen on a full VR package so far.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: November 24, 2016, 11:26:42 am »

Is this PC actually capable of running Occulus Rift?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: November 24, 2016, 11:50:53 am »

Is this PC actually capable of running Occulus Rift?

Yup, that's why they're bundled together. If you believe the reviews, it runs the Rift flawlessly.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: November 24, 2016, 11:52:36 am »

...You know, I now really wish I had $999 to spend.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: November 24, 2016, 11:59:54 am »

As things currently stand the Vive is still the better hardware. Roomscale is where it's at. That said, there isn't enough software to justify the price. Not unless you're a hedge fund manager or something.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13837 on: November 24, 2016, 02:05:57 pm »

Call to Arms, a game I spent 20 dollars on, just suddenly went free-to-play on Steam. I'm salty over sneaky devs and wasting my money but I do recommend the game.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: November 24, 2016, 03:01:32 pm »

Crosspost from the free thread:

Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 1 is currently free on Steam.  The announcement is short on details, so no telling when the offer expires.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: November 24, 2016, 03:09:42 pm »

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: November 24, 2016, 03:11:54 pm »

Nice discussion about Saint's Row :) Thanks for the feedback everyone. Personally, I kinda like the more serious aspect of GTA V and I like the modding scene there better. I watched a Let's Play some time back on Saint's Row 3, and half of a series on 4 and it isn't really my thing. Though I DID like how Saint's Row 4 played more than 3 (judging by the let's plays I watched), since it just gave up on the serious aspect and went all in. It is a lot cheaper though, so maybe I'll pick it up just to play for fun in the future. Its not that much for the game+DLCs. It looks like a nice casual game to just mess around in and turn off the brain. It probably go on sale again for Christmas sales anyway.

I however ended up picking up GTA V. It installed, but won't be able to play till later. I forgot till a bit ago, but I actually had a GTA game installed on my phone, and it was a ton of fun. Even though it was a just a mobile version. But I think I'll get more out of my money for GTA (even though its more than SR) than I would with SR. Especially just given the fact I can get pretty awesome mods for it.

While this IS a sale thread, not so much a discussion thread. GTA IS on sale, so it kinda fits. I'm very happy with my GTA V purchase. Played almost all night, and had a ton of fun.

The first thing I liked a lot more, than when I played GTA 3 is that movement with a keyboard/mouse is vastly better. GTA 3 movement was so weird with a keyboard/mouse. GTA V controls a lot better. Though I still may see about eventually connecting a controller for ease of driving vehicles. Overall, a lot of fun though.

With that said. To keep sorta on topic for sales. Are there any GOOD controllers that you can just plug-in and use for PC, that are on sale? Or should I be able to do that with even just an ordinary XBOX controller (Xbox controllers are a lot more comfy for my hands than the playstation ones, the PS ones make my hands hurt after a while).

Or do I need a specialized controller for a PC? or some program to use an Xbox controller to use for PC? Not really sure how it works to be honest. I don't want to pay full price though, but since black friday sales, it may be a good time to get a controller.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: November 24, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »

Crosspost from the free thread:

Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode 1 is currently .  The announcement is short on details, so no telling when the offer expires.

Same for Life is Strange episode 1.

Episode 1 of Life is Strange has been free for some months now. I think they're using it as a demo, of sorts. Kind of like ye olde 90s shareware games like Duke Nukem 3D, where the first episode was free.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: November 24, 2016, 03:18:15 pm »

DiRT 3 is 90% off right now. And from all I've seen it's a pretty fantastic racing game.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: November 24, 2016, 03:21:17 pm »

Controller talk

Pretty much all new games that support controllers support 360 pads out of the box. It's what I and (probably) most other people who use a controller for PC gaming use.

The Steam controller appears to be love or hate. I've never used one but my coworker bought it and thinks it's great.

Good news, you can probably find deals on a 360 pad basically anywhere and Steam has a bit of a discount on the Steam controller.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:22:49 pm by Mephisto »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: November 24, 2016, 03:26:53 pm »

DiRT 3 is 90% off right now. And from all I've seen it's a pretty fantastic racing game.

It was also a freebie at the start of Humble's anniversary sale a couple weeks ago, so a fair few of us may already have it.  (worth mentioning for MP reasons)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1134