Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454478 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13785 on: November 21, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/home.php  25% off all of the games here.

Total Extreme WrasslinWrestling 2016 - wrasslin company manager/bookie - powah of imagination recommended

World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 - Is decent and goes into the play-by-play details in matches.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: November 22, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »

Oh hey, Crypt of the Necrodancer is half price.

This game is crushingly difficult (or maybe I'm just terrible), but it's also fair - when you die, it's your own fault not RNG "fake difficulty". It's also a lot of fun despite the fact I keep getting destroyed.

I think I got it 75% off so if you wait it will probably have a better sale at some point, but if you like rhythm games it's worth the $7.50 imo.
Well, it's happening! Just picked up Necrodancer at 75% off. Well, actually I picked it up a little while ago and it just finished installing.
Finally! I have it! Now, to be crushingly disappointed after all this anticipation, most likely... :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: November 22, 2016, 06:20:18 pm »

I watched someone play a bit of Grim Dawn which pretty much forced me to reinstall Titan Quest.

Now look what's happened.

I also already owned a physical copy of The Secret World. It's pretty good for what it is.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: November 22, 2016, 06:48:17 pm »

I watched someone play a bit of Grim Dawn which pretty much forced me to reinstall Titan Quest.

Now look what's happened.

I also already owned a physical copy of The Secret World. It's pretty good for what it is.

Ohhhhhhh The Secret World was the other PayOnceTM MMO i wanted to buy after slowly getting out of Guild Wars 2. I ended up in ArcheAge but GAH that got bad. Then Black Desert Online, which is ok but I'm having connection issues with the game.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: November 22, 2016, 07:14:10 pm »

Its a zachtronics game, its either fun, very hard, or both.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: November 22, 2016, 07:14:25 pm »

The last time I bought a staff picks bundle, I was actually pretty disappointed by it. Then again, Chivalry was in it, should I have expected the rest of it to be good?

The Secret World looks like it could be an interesting MMO. Not much else in there really piques my interest.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13791 on: November 22, 2016, 07:16:37 pm »

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is on for $10 on Origin, and Titanfall 2 is on quite a few sales around the block. Both are very worth looking into if you're looking for MP shooters :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: November 22, 2016, 07:57:59 pm »

Oh hey, Crypt of the Necrodancer is half price.

This game is crushingly difficult (or maybe I'm just terrible), but it's also fair - when you die, it's your own fault not RNG "fake difficulty". It's also a lot of fun despite the fact I keep getting destroyed.

I think I got it 75% off so if you wait it will probably have a better sale at some point, but if you like rhythm games it's worth the $7.50 imo.
Well, it's happening! Just picked up Necrodancer at 75% off. Well, actually I picked it up a little while ago and it just finished installing.
Finally! I have it! Now, to be crushingly disappointed after all this anticipation, most likely... :P   

I got it and it's tons of fun.

Note that you can replace all songs with your own mp3 files (it analyzes the beat)... the first song I replaced was I Need A Hero by Bonnie Tyler. Epic.

Now on a different note, I want people's opinions on this:

Regarding the latest Humble, I can get most of the games for less than $4, and then bump the price all the way to $14 for just *one more game*. Hardly seems worth it. Is Grim Dawn awesome enough to warrant this big bump? Anyone know? Right now I'm eyeing at least InfiniFactory, Secret World and Grimrock 2.

Also doesn't seem I can get Secret World Ultimate in my region, at least in Steam, just the base game. Should I really hold off for the extra content? Is that like a Pay 2 play store to get extra episodes or something?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:00:18 pm by Sergius »

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: November 22, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »

I'unno if it's an additional fourteen bucks' worth of fun, but Bundlestars has TSW Ultimate Edition for eighteen bucks for the next week. Also, as I understand it, there's more DLC content that's not included with the pack (another four "issues" it seems) with a flat value of $25(!?) each.

Definitely could use an enlightened opinion here- anyone know what's worth it?

Personally, I didn't like The Secret World.

Mostly because the AI is typical stupid MMO AI. Lore reasons or not, the "monsters" in the first zone act like everything I would find in WoW.

But, the combat is pretty bad too. Honestly, all they had to do was use Age of Conan combat and it would be better.

On top of that, because they wanted to make it an MMO so much, but at the same time, a heavy "singleplayer" experience...its the worst of both genres. Sure the story is great and unique, but imagine if it was like Skyrim or Witcher or even Dishonored. It would be vastly better.

As it is, the game is like a bad B grade movie, that happens to have good voice acting (at least early on, dunno later) and a nice story. The MMO part however really ruins it. And I like MMOs and all, but I don't want a singleplayer linear experience in an MMO. And I love singleplayer games, but I don't want multiplayer in my singleplayer game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: November 22, 2016, 10:17:23 pm »

TSW is good at having a story and voice acting. And while it tried to have a more interesting combat system, it turned out to just be really clunky.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13795 on: November 22, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »

<snip>
If you're a huge fan of Titan's Quest or Diablo 2, you'll really enjoy Grim Dawn. Definitely 10$ worth.
If you're just ok with aRPGs in general, then you might want to look into some lets plays or something first.
Otherwise, probably not worth the 10$

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: November 22, 2016, 10:29:14 pm »

Didn't get very far in Grimrock 2. It's a more fleshed out game than the first by a large margin but I think the novelty of it had worn off.

TSW is a pretty enjoyable  story experience and visuals ride, if you like the Occult, Alt Earth and things of that nature. As an MMO, in terms of gameplay and mechanics and stuff, I'd call it average. I still put a ton of time into it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: November 23, 2016, 01:01:20 am »

Mentioned in the relevant thread as well, but Battlefield 1 is 33% off on Origin right now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13798 on: November 23, 2016, 04:55:37 am »

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is $9.99 on Indiegala for the next ~week. 75% off, I think.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13799 on: November 23, 2016, 01:22:48 pm »

There's A Good Bundle happening right now on itch.io. TONS of games, many of them super super good, all DRM-free. I won't list everything, because holy crap are there a lot of games. There's a $2 tier, an $8 tier (notable Windosill, Earthtongue), and a $20 tier with some real stars including Proteus, Sokobond, Catlateral Damage, Gone Home, Panoramical, The Novelist, Read Only Memories, and a whole slew of other games and Unreal engine assets.

More importantly, the money goes to support some organizations that are in real need of support right now. I'll definitely be getting it even though I already have most of the best-looking stuff, mostly as a donation with some sweet perks than anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1134