Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454070 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13665 on: October 12, 2016, 11:56:38 am »

I'd absolutely recommend EL's soundtrack. Found out my comp can't run it worth a damn during that free weekend or whatever thing steam had a while back. Also found out the music is cheerfully sitting in the game directory >_>
The music really is great, agreed. Echoes of Auriga added a bunch of new tracks too and its on sale for 74 cents US right now.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: October 12, 2016, 12:17:23 pm »

Endless Legend was a real let-down just because of the non-effort they put into the AI. No races even use their racials and the comp cheats so bad that taking their territories actually punishes you. Just a caveat emptor.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: October 12, 2016, 12:20:52 pm »

Endless Legend was a real let-down just because of the non-effort they put into the AI. No races even use their racials and the comp cheats so bad that taking their territories actually punishes you. Just a caveat emptor.
It's just how it is with the Endless series.

All their AI is nonexistent. It's not like... Total War's crappy diplomacy AI. It's maybe three or four factors worse than that.

They're pretty though, and at least EL had good gameplay.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13668 on: October 12, 2016, 12:22:23 pm »

I guess I haven't really had this experience as I mostly play multiplayer

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13669 on: October 12, 2016, 12:28:16 pm »

I know why hotseat is not trivial in this case but I was super disappointed that hotseat multiplayer isn't a thing in Endless Legend. It's the exact type of game (minus the battles, probably) that my wife would enjoy but I'm not sure her laptop could handle it. I experienced a similar disappointment at the complete lack of multiplayer of any form in Fallen Enchantress.

And while I'm here...

Scary stuff!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:11:51 pm by Mephisto »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13670 on: October 13, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »

Offworld Trading Company is going for $14 on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271240/

It's a non-violent competitive game. You buy and sell and build factories for different kinds of products, which influences the market, etc. I found it to be really fun, and the single-player campaign is relatively dynamic and nothing to scoff at either.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13671 on: October 13, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »

Non-violent should be in quotes there. You can certainly do some nasty things to each other and violence is implied, but its not shown. Like subsurface nukes to lower the quantity of a resource, or blowing the hell out of someone's factory

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: October 13, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »

Hiring pirates to do bad things is rather violent.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13673 on: October 13, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

FINE GEEZ

It's not a traditional RTS  :'( :'( :'(

Also, Tabletop Simulator for $8.50 or something at chrono.gg

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: October 14, 2016, 02:53:40 pm »

Accidentally preordered something yesterday. Popped open Endless Legend because I heard someone mention new DLC. It showed up in the list like every other DLC, including a discount and an "add to cart" button. So I did.

Meh. I've enjoyed all of the DLC so far. I'm sure this will be no worse. At least it came out today and not in like a week.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: October 15, 2016, 12:52:21 pm »

Block'hood is on sale on Steam for a few days. Any players have some input?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/416210

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: October 18, 2016, 03:06:35 pm »

Fallout 4 50% off on steam. Probably is going to be on sale for more come Christmas or cyber monday though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: October 18, 2016, 08:41:41 pm »

Fallout 4 50% off on steam. Probably is going to be on sale for more come Christmas or cyber monday though.

It still has DLC to sell. It probably don't be discounted more than 50% just yet.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »

Did they go through with requiring FO4 to authenticate on their own (non-steam) servers? I think I remembered hearing something about that pre-release but haven't kept up with it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: October 19, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

Did they go through with requiring FO4 to authenticate on their own (non-steam) servers? I think I remembered hearing something about that pre-release but haven't kept up with it.

I never had to. Bought a steam key from greenman gaming, if that's relevant.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1134