Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453983 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13635 on: October 04, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »

And double-post because Wargame: Red Dragon DLC came out, and the base game is currently 70% off. I've been meaning to get into it for years, but it was always too daunting. I restarted a few days ago, and I've been having a really good time. Lots of stats, lots of weapons, lots of approaches. Really, lots of everything for the geeky. Somewhere between a war game and an RTS. Relatively dynamic campaigns for SP, but the meat appears to be MP.

It's not incredibly dissimilar than playing the MoW:AS games. If you like you, you probably like the other.

I'd love to get a few war games going with B12 folks, be it WG:RD or MoWAS2 or stuff like that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: October 04, 2016, 12:53:27 pm »

The last time I played Wargame Red Dragon online it was just full of cheaters everywhere. Not sure if it's been fixed since.

A shame because it was easily the best online RTS at the time.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: October 04, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »

And double-post because Wargame: Red Dragon DLC came out, and the base game is currently 70% off. I've been meaning to get into it for years, but it was always too daunting. I restarted a few days ago, and I've been having a really good time. Lots of stats, lots of weapons, lots of approaches. Really, lots of everything for the geeky. Somewhere between a war game and an RTS. Relatively dynamic campaigns for SP, but the meat appears to be MP.

It's not incredibly dissimilar than playing the MoW:AS games. If you like you, you probably like the other.

I'd love to get a few war games going with B12 folks, be it WG:RD or MoWAS2 or stuff like that.

I'd also like to recommend W:RD. I have played all the SP and some skirmishes against the AI (making decks is really entertaining). its a bit fast for an RTS, but one of it's best aspects is that it doesn't require that much micromanagement once you do alright. Also another thing I found special about it its that it handles the "manpower economy" issue really well on my opinion, using less powerful units in the right battlefield conditions might save you the points needed to win, and ir combat is awesomely done. I have never got into playing vs humans tho, but I'd like to.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13638 on: October 06, 2016, 08:37:19 am »

"Robot Themed Sale" over on Steam.
Miss for my tastes, not counting ones I already owned, but looks like some decent cuts on average.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: October 06, 2016, 03:52:26 pm »

Relatively dynamic campaigns? Isn't it linear-campaign based like Wargame:EE?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: October 06, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »

Relatively dynamic campaigns? Isn't it linear-campaign based like Wargame:EE?

Nope! For instance, in the Busan Pocket campaign you're trying to defend a few provinces near Busan in South Korea from falling, while conducting an attack across the northern frontier of S. Korea to cut off the N. Korean units in S. Korea. You are given control over a bunch of regiments, battalions and companies with specific capabilities (e.g. Armoured Regiment, Anti-Air Company, etc), and you need to deploy them to different territories depending on which regiments/battalions/companies the enemy is deploying.

It's only semi-dynamic because the game does script some things. In the Busan Pocket campaign, you have some extra things you can deploy to Busan, and around turn 2 or 3, a US Task Force shows up to create the pocket. This is always how it develops, but the persistence in losses, and which new regiments you decide to deploy can make each instance of the same campaign different.

It's a decent system, and I see lots of people online with hundreds of hour invested into the campaigns.

Check out a couple of let's plays to get a feel for it if you're interested :)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: October 06, 2016, 04:11:36 pm »

Analogue and Hate Plus, two great VNs, are 80% off on Steam until the 11th of October. Buying the pack which includes both the games and their soundtracks gets you an even larger discount.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: October 06, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »

Most of the games involve reading long-ago log files and journals with occasional input from one of the two speaking characters. I mean, they're visual novels and reading is expected, but they're almost entirely text.

Still great VNs, though. Get them   :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: October 06, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »

They are also on sale for 80% on Humble Bundle, if you want some tasty charity giving in your VN.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

Most of the games involve reading long-ago log files and journals with occasional input from one of the two speaking characters. I mean, they're visual novels and reading is expected, but they're almost entirely text.

Also, you can import all three ending save files into hate plus. Even the silly one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: October 06, 2016, 10:25:01 pm »

Also, you can import all three ending save files into hate plus. Even Especially the silly one.
Enjoy your sequel to your beyond-the-impossible special ending, crazy diamond.  Especially since in Hate Plus, that ending...well, that would be spoiling. ^_^

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: October 07, 2016, 12:58:34 pm »

Bundlestars has Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor plus DLC for 5 bucks atm.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: October 07, 2016, 03:25:38 pm »

For only $5? Damn. Thats a nicer deal than they had when I bought it awhile back.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: October 09, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll be disconnecting myself from the internet, and living an unwired life. Atleast that's the plan. It'll be turning off on the 11th, and I've been thinking "Hmmm what unfinished business do I have with the internet that I should tie up?" and it dawned on me that I have a dragon's hoard of unused game keys that I've been stashing for no particular reason from Bumble Hundle. I guess I'll give them away here since I'm almost guaranteed to not use them. Just PM me if you want any of these games:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obviously I'd prefer to spread them around, but first come first serve.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: October 09, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll be disconnecting myself from the internet, and living an unwired life. Atleast that's the plan. It'll be turning off on the 11th, and I've been thinking "Hmmm what unfinished business do I have with the internet that I should tie up?" and it dawned on me that I have a dragon's hoard of unused game keys that I've been stashing for no particular reason from Bumble Hundle. I guess I'll give them away here since I'm almost guaranteed to not use them. Just PM me if you want any of these games:

Obviously I'd prefer to spread them around, but first come first serve.

You're awesome. That is all. I hope the unwired life goes great! :)
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1134