Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453955 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13545 on: September 13, 2016, 10:20:41 am »

Brilliant! And I could tell everyone about more interesting features to search for and then not actually include any! By the time they searched out the 100 million or so planets I would be rolling in cash.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: September 13, 2016, 10:43:08 am »

Brilliant! And I could tell everyone about more interesting features to search for and then not actually include any! By the time they searched out the 100 million or so planets I would be rolling in cash.

Sell it for $49.99.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13547 on: September 13, 2016, 10:53:00 am »

Sell it for $49.99.
Why settle? Get a deal with a big company and go for $69.99. Still call yourself an 'indy' studio though.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13548 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:09 am »

Guys, this discussion seems like something that the Almighty Toad won't like. Maybe we can leave it where it is and return to discussion of sales?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13549 on: September 13, 2016, 11:10:13 am »

Guys, this discussion seems like something that the Almighty Toad won't like. Maybe we can leave it where it is and return to discussion of sales?
No rules violated or personal attacks as far as I see... we're just discussing something in a slightly mocking manner.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: September 13, 2016, 11:18:53 am »

I am reasonably sure the No Man's Sky thread was locked for the polarizing effect it has on opinion. There may be no rule against it, but the topic has a history.

Best stop while you're ahead.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: September 13, 2016, 11:55:29 am »

Alright boys, let's pack it up. Move it, move it. Didn't you see the sign? It said "no jocularity". Let's let these nice, simple folk go back to discussing FAQs on publishing games on the app store in this games sales thread.

C'mon, let's go. That means you too forsaken1111. Don't think I don't see you there with that witticism.

And you! BigD. Put that D away. No one wants to see that. Everyone knows it's 145mm long.

-------------

In other news, Halcyon 6 has been released for awhile now, and at a 15% discount: http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/police.gif

I've had my eye on this for awhile and while the reviews are generally positive, I was wondering if anyone here has played it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: September 13, 2016, 12:06:26 pm »

lbs not mm. :<

Also, Humble has Dragon's Dogma for 40% off for the next 8 days. Quite a lot of other things too. Summer is over. Winter is on. Buy more games. Devolver is one of the major publisher to look at. There's some big cuts in there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13553 on: September 13, 2016, 12:28:05 pm »

In other news, Halcyon 6 has been released for awhile now, and at a 15% discount: http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/police.gif

I've had my eye on this for awhile and while the reviews are generally positive, I was wondering if anyone here has played it.
There is a thread on it in other games, but basically it's pretty shallow. I didn't enjoy it. Felt like a mobile game, not a 20 dollar PC game

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: September 13, 2016, 12:51:52 pm »

Here, specifically. And yeah, it's not really offensively bad or anything, but it's not something I'd buy for more than five bucks, if that. You can see how it's trying or the paths it could take to be good-ish but right now it's just kinda' mediocre at its best (save maybe on the aesthetics front) and fairly irritating to play a fair chunk of the rest of the time. Wouldn't recommend at the moment, particularly for what they're asking for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: September 13, 2016, 01:54:32 pm »

There is a thread on it in other games, but basically it's pretty shallow. I didn't enjoy it. Felt like a mobile game, not a 20 dollar PC game
Here, specifically. And yeah, it's not really offensively bad or anything, but it's not something I'd buy for more than five bucks, if that. You can see how it's trying or the paths it could take to be good-ish but right now it's just kinda' mediocre at its best (save maybe on the aesthetics front) and fairly irritating to play a fair chunk of the rest of the time. Wouldn't recommend at the moment, particularly for what they're asking for it.
Haven't played it and was also curious, but the fact that their poster child review claim is that "the potential is ludicrous, the promise is immense" had me suspicious.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: September 14, 2016, 04:47:16 am »

Company of Heroes franchise is on sale on Steam, 75% off for the whole shebang.

There's also a pretty fresh(released 2 days ago) arena shooter called Toxxik, with the tagline "Frag like it's 1999". It has a "free" version available, which is the main game but missing things like some maps, character customization, etc. They just can't call it a "demo"(even though it does look like a 1999-era demo) because of Steam policies preventing a "demo" player from playing online with "full version" players - with Toxxik you can. Overall, the game looks like Unreal Tournament and after 2 days has some pretty good reviews. I'm checking the free version later today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: September 14, 2016, 09:15:00 am »

Necropolis 20% off in steam and GoG.

But honestly I recommend not getting it. I bited and bought it, mostly because I had heard a long while ago about this game and was hopeful, but... meh.

It's kind of boring. That's the main problem. The best analogy I can make is that it's like a simplified Diablo I, with worse controls and gameplay, but with slicker, if bland, graphics. Not really worth it, IMO.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: September 14, 2016, 01:58:25 pm »

There's also a pretty fresh(released 2 days ago) arena shooter called Toxxik, with the tagline "Frag like it's 1999". It has a "free" version available, which is the main game but missing things like some maps, character customization, etc. They just can't call it a "demo"(even though it does look like a 1999-era demo) because of Steam policies preventing a "demo" player from playing online with "full version" players - with Toxxik you can. Overall, the game looks like Unreal Tournament and after 2 days has some pretty good reviews. I'm checking the free version later today.

It took me a minute to find on steam because it's actually named Toxikk. I have it installing now, but am not expecting much because I am kind of bad at fast fpses today.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: September 14, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »

No rules violated or personal attacks as far as I see... we're just discussing something in a slightly mocking manner.
This topic doesn't seem to bring out the best in people.  Not just this argument, but various arguments upthread.  Barring some turn of events, perhaps it should join My Little Pony in the forbidden zone.
What else would you take that post and the thread locking to mean?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1134