Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454353 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13440 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:59 am »

Personally, I'm waiting for Starmade to reach or approach 1.0. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: August 19, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

Good to hear some detailed and differing opinions. I'll pass on Empyrion.

GOG is having an Activision sale. It's a good time to get _____ Quest games, Call to Power 2, Caesar, Zork, Krondor, and other classics. You have less than 4 days to decide. I'm still fond of Quest for Glory, at least the VGA ones. The first releases of 1 and 2 are kinda rough to pick up and you need a notebook to write down keywords. The VGA version for 1 is good. The unofficial remake of 2 I have not fully tried. Your characters saves can move up the ladder of games. Call to Power is a decent clone of early Civ with some added things like building in water. Mostly these titles are adventure or strategy.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: August 21, 2016, 07:10:41 pm »

Steam's having a Capcom sale, I picked up Dead Rising 2 cuz I remember having a blast with it on console. I would have gotten Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen too, but I already bought that at release. I'd highly recommend the game, I just started another playthrough just cuz the Capcom sale. Think Dark Souls slapped together with a single-player mmo feel.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: August 21, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

DD:DA is fucking fantastic. It's like a blend of DaS, Shadow of the Colossus, and a dress-up doll game MMO. Anyone who doesn't have it needs to get it.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: August 22, 2016, 06:27:07 am »

GOG is having an Activision sale. It's a good time to get _____ Quest games, Call to Power 2, Caesar, Zork, Krondor, and other classics. You have less than 4 days to decide. I'm still fond of Quest for Glory, at least the VGA ones. The first releases of 1 and 2 are kinda rough to pick up and you need a notebook to write down keywords. The VGA version for 1 is good. The unofficial remake of 2 I have not fully tried. Your characters saves can move up the ladder of games. Call to Power is a decent clone of early Civ with some added things like building in water. Mostly these titles are adventure or strategy.
Don't forget Vampire the Masquerade :Bloodlines mate.
Also the first Call to Power game was actually a SEQUEL to Civilization.
EDIT: NEVERMIND, I was very wrong about Call to Power.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:38:10 am by Xeron »

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:01 am »

The only Zork game I've played is Zork Nemesis. It's the black sheep of the series being a lot darker in theme than the others wacky aspects but enjoyable. Mixes FMV with Myst-style enviroments and puzzles. I would recommend it only if you enjoy games like Myst and Riven with switch puzzles, codes and figuring out what things did.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: August 22, 2016, 08:54:45 am »

Star Ruler 2 is 75% off at GOG. The DLC is 35% off. Not on sale at Steam.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:27:39 pm by BigD145 »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13447 on: August 22, 2016, 12:32:12 pm »

It actually is, for the same price! :)

Also, Black Closet, the mystery solving management game with semi-random quests is on sale for $12. I can recommend it. It's quite a bit of fun! :)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: August 22, 2016, 12:54:57 pm »

Don't forget Vampire the Masquerade :Bloodlines mate.
Also the first Call to Power game was actually a SEQUEL to Civilization.
EDIT: NEVERMIND, I was very wrong about Call to Power.
You were half-right, though; Civilization: Call to Power was a spin-off.  CtP2 was only named that (no "Civilization" in the title) because they lost the rights to the name between 1 and 2. 

EDIT: Also, thanks for the heads-up on the King's Quest games.  My first adventure game was KQ6, actually.  It came as a bundle with my old SoundBlaster card...albeit, without the manual.  Thanks to the marvels of old-school copy protection, this made finishing the game quite impossible.  It would be nice to play it again, I think.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:22:22 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: August 22, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

Nope, Star Ruler 2 is also now 75% off on Steam. Just came up as part of the weeklong deals.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:01 pm »

Nope, Star Ruler 2 is also now 75% off on Steam. Just came up as part of the weeklong deals.

Worth getting? What about the DLC?

Star ruler 1 was kind of fun in a crazy, "make a ship literally bigger than the galaxy and blow everything up" sort of way though I felt like it kind of suffered as an actual game (especially vs the AI) and had some glaring problem that annoyed the crap out of me - something like the building that exported metal to your bank was literally the only thing in the game that didn't scale exponentially so was always a massive chokepoint forever. Because of that, the only way to build large ships was to abuse the fact you could salvage (significantly) more metal than it took to build something and just build junk ships and salvage them over and over (or something like that, I don't remember the details).

I've heard SR2 was significantly different and more like a "standard" 4x, though which sounds sort of like a good thing and sort of like a bad thing.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: August 22, 2016, 09:42:05 pm »

It's definitely very different from SR1. Intend to pick it up in the next day or two, but all I've really got to go on is some LP videos. Looked pretty interesting, for all I've forgotten just about everything except a mental note to nab when possible, heh. Some neat things regarding expansion and diplomacy, though I don't remember the details.

Definitely be interested to hear opinion on the dlc, though. Not sure if m'going to pick that up, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: August 23, 2016, 11:03:52 am »

Barony is three bucks on chrono.gg, should I do it?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: August 23, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »

Barony is three bucks on chrono.gg, should I do it?

Great pick-up game for up to 4 people if you have friends to play it with. Multiplayer tends to be a fantastic comedy of errors, but teamwork is often well rewarded.

Single-player? Meh. It's worth $3 to me, but the joy of the game is in the co-op.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13454 on: August 25, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »

Men of War series is on sale on Steam. I highly recommend Men of War Assault Squad 2 to anyone who likes RTS, which has tons of awesome mods as well as fun vanilla gameplay. It's a very unique and fun game, one of my favorite RTS ever next to Stronghold, Original War, and Creeper World 3.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:33:24 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1134