Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454462 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13395 on: August 07, 2016, 12:56:07 pm »

I ordered, but they require "manual verification". They sent me an email asking for my IP and so on. I think that's fishy, did you get it approved at once?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: August 07, 2016, 01:51:22 pm »

I ordered and got it immediately. But I'm in America and I might have used a different method of payment, so that may factor in. I've also traditionally found BundleStars to be fairly reliable.

EDIT: Does this help?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:53:14 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:59 pm »

It worked out ok, after filling in the final details. They seem reliable.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13398 on: August 08, 2016, 10:55:13 am »

Yeah, buying from US but also got some problems, though it's the first time it happened. Got a call from my bank, making sure that transaction and a few others were legit. But the transaction went through.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: August 09, 2016, 09:50:59 pm »

I picked up that grand strategy bundle, any suggestions on the order to play them?  Generally with games made using the same engine I like to play the games that were released first so I never have to go back to a less polished version of the engine/graphics, not sure if that would be an issue with these games.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: August 10, 2016, 06:18:03 am »

Humble Bundle has a bunch of survival games, including Rust, Space Engineers, Savage Lands, and Planetbase.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13401 on: August 10, 2016, 10:51:46 am »

I picked up that grand strategy bundle, any suggestions on the order to play them?  Generally with games made using the same engine I like to play the games that were released first so I never have to go back to a less polished version of the engine/graphics, not sure if that would be an issue with these games.

Had the same question, googled it a lot, and came up with almost everyone saying Alea Jacta Est is the best one to start. Did the tutorial on it, but it's apparently definitely one of those games where manual reading needs to happen if you're ever gonna be any good :)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: August 10, 2016, 12:08:52 pm »

So I got the humble bundle (had most, anyone needs space engys?) and I'm playing around with rust.

Does anyone know any good/decent servers for that?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: August 10, 2016, 12:15:33 pm »

I don't have space engy yet, I think it was in my wishlist some time ago, but never got around to picking it up when summer sale came.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:32 pm »

Anyone know if Planetbase is any good? Is it worth bumping up the the 15 dollar tier?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: August 10, 2016, 12:55:56 pm »

Maybe. It's basically a simplified Space Colony or a very simplified Anno in space.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: August 10, 2016, 01:38:57 pm »

Banished in space, I've heard.

For the record, Banished is pretty lame... a boring-ish city sim. Not terrible but rather mediocre.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: August 10, 2016, 02:02:02 pm »

Planetbase is interesting, but not super complicated in the end.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: August 10, 2016, 02:08:20 pm »

The problem is once you become invested in DF, literally every single other town-making game falls short by default. So every single comparison becomes "yeah it's okay... but DF does it better".

It's an especially huge problem when you get to the likes of actual DF clones by their own admittance. Because then every single thing will be "so it like DF except it looks prettier but is less defined here and here and here and...".

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: August 10, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »

The problem is once you become invested in DF, literally every single other town-making game falls short by default. So every single comparison becomes "yeah it's okay... but DF does it better".

You're not wrong.

Even so, I'm prepared for other town making games to offer something different, even if it is lesser.  But I do think it is fair to measure them against things like Sim City 2000, Caesar, Tropico, or Stronghold.

Measured against those, which are probably 20 years old now on average, Banished kinda sucks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:25:37 pm by puke »
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1134