Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454570 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13365 on: July 27, 2016, 11:44:40 am »

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed it.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a spare copy of Reus or Sir, You Are Being Hunted let me know. I already had those but for that price the rest is well worth it

I would very much appreciate Reus, if it isnt too much trouble  :)
No trouble at all. I'll PM you

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: July 29, 2016, 07:05:50 am »

Saw Banished at sub-5$ on GOG, is it worth it? How's replayability, do cities are always self similar or you get emerging designs based on your environment?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: July 29, 2016, 07:14:46 am »

certainly $5 worth of repayable. 

environment constrains what sorts of resources you can gather, but the basic structures are generally similar.

If you obsess over how to optimize, it becomes mostly about how much waterfront you can use for docks, and how well you can organize your buy/sell orders to turn yourself into a major trading / manufacturing hub where you buy raw materials in bulk and turn out finished goods for a significant markup.

The actual challenges involving starvation and disease are about as significant as those in surviving your first winter in DF.  Once you know the basics of how to feed yourself, it isn't an issue.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: July 29, 2016, 09:12:36 am »

Saw Banished at sub-5$ on GOG, is it worth it? How's replayability, do cities are always self similar or you get emerging designs based on your environment?

IMO it's not worth $5

It feels more like a tech demo than an actual game. There's really nothing to do and no real challenges. Food never spoils so you can just stockpile hundreds of thousands of it, making only the first winter "hard" (and even that's not exactly hard).

The only "challenge" such as it is, is that couples won't have children unless they have a house of their own. So you have to stagger house building so that people move out and have children in waves and you don't end up with everyone getting too old and dying at the same time.

Other than that, it's pure sandbox with a very limited number of buildings.... once you've built your first self-sufficient town (maybe 1 - 3 hours depending how much you mash fast forward) you've basically done everything there is to do in the game and all that's left is building the exact same town over and over across the whole map.

I really don't know why it's so well rated.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:12 am »

I really don't know why it's so well rated.
It works and its not completely terrible, therefore its good. Thats basically how the internet rates things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:22 am »

I played it. Unless it's been updated, then IMO there is not much to do after establishing your first successful colony.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: July 30, 2016, 11:22:50 am »

Banished? It's an okay game, a bit monochrome. You end up with pretty advanced and complete cities for a group of "outcasts" (tho everything is brown so it's appropriate I guess). Also, don't forget to kick old people out of their homes if you don't want your population to die out because young people don't have a place for sexy time.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: July 30, 2016, 11:57:38 am »

Gal Civ 3 is $12 on GMG today, if anyone is interested.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: July 30, 2016, 01:51:09 pm »

Banished is very me-ish- Simcity wannabe...but as other said, there's not much to do. Not challenging or sandboxy enough for long or even medium term :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: July 31, 2016, 05:35:33 pm »

Incidentally, if anyone wants a spare copy of Reus or Sir, You Are Being Hunted let me know. I already had those but for that price the rest is well worth it
I wouldn't mind Sir, You Are Being Hunted, if you're still looking for someone to take it.

Is it on Steam?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13375 on: July 31, 2016, 05:50:48 pm »

I wouldn't mind Sir, You Are Being Hunted, if you're still looking for someone to take it.

Is it on Steam?
Yep, steam key. I sent you a PM

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: July 31, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Thankye.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13377 on: August 01, 2016, 01:36:41 pm »

Also, I've taken to using isthereanydeal.com quite a lot. I have 80+ games on my waitlist there. It essentially scours all the legitimate online stores and lets you know whenever there's a sale on games you've decided you wanna get.

This is how I managed to get my hands on a ton of wargames that I've been on the lookout for in the past few months. Order of Battle: WW2 main campaigns, Advanced Tactics: Gold, Panzer Corps, WH40K: Armageddon...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: August 04, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »

Quakecon sale going on steam right now. If you wanted any Bethesda game, now's the time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: August 04, 2016, 03:59:31 pm »

https://www.gog.com/ has Disney 16-bit platformers now!  Just released Aladdin, Lion King and Jungle Book with a release discount.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1134