Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454834 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13290 on: July 01, 2016, 12:38:26 pm »

What exactly are the chances of us getting a sequel? I'd love to see the mechanics get expanded upon.

I'm surprised nobody's basically stolen the nemesis system and made a sort of roguelike out of it yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: July 01, 2016, 12:43:51 pm »

The Bright Lord DLC (Woohoo!) and monster hunting dlc (decent) were significant expansions, cutscene and mechanic-wise.  Monster-hunting even had a new map I think.

I'm not sure what they'd do with a *full* sequel, really.  I think the expansions work pretty well.

You can, actually. If an orc survives a fight with you, they'll still gain power (though not as much as if they killed you, I guess).
Totally, and they always look really cool when they come back!  You just can't do it on purpose...
Well, you can't do it on purpose and still get a piece of loot by "killing" them.  Even being flung off cliffs can be lethal (in direct contradiction of fantasy physics).  I suppose I totally can do that, if I just let them flee each time... Heehee, yes that actually sounds more fun...

Particularly easy when they have a phobia.  Immersion therapy time!  I'm really doing them a favor honestly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13292 on: July 01, 2016, 01:30:19 pm »

Yeah, another vote for Shadows of Mordor. Played it through twice with the expansions, got the Season Pass not too long ago. Guess I gotta replay it a third time. I do that with VERY FEW games.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: July 01, 2016, 08:04:29 pm »

Invisible Inc is so good! DLC is your standard "more of the same" deal. Some new gear, enemies, campaign stuff. It's all good. Might as well get it, I guess? Base game by no means needs it, but if you have a few extra bucks to spare.

Shadows of Mordor was fun, but easy. Spent most of my hours playing that one challenge mode that was "kill all the warchiefs". Basically campaign without any of those stupid cutscenes or plot missions. Just run around, slice some uruks. Fun times. Almost like a fantasy GTA in that respect. If you find it too easy, I'd advice not to take any health upgrades and turning off combat prompts. It's still on the easy side but margin of error is pretty low. Makes for some tense moments. [edit: add in self-imposed limited lives challenge and you're golden. Doing a 1-life run can get pretty harrowing.]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:06:55 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: July 01, 2016, 08:09:44 pm »

Theres an actual 1-life mode too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13295 on: July 06, 2016, 03:32:45 pm »

This bundle is worth it for Chariot alone. Don't know anything about the other two.

Chariot is this absolutely amazing couch 2-player game. Quinns formerly from RPS had real good things to say about it in fun YouTube format here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: July 06, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »

I enjoyed Shadows of Mordor for sure. In the end though, it felt like Assassin's Creed + this Ork thing. I'd read great things about the system, and to be fair, it's well done in a lot of ways. Just the randomness and variety of bosses made them great enemies. Especially the ones that come back from your last encounter more fucked up and dangerous before. The interaction side of it however.....could get a little tedious IMO. As just guys and what not to flavor your playthrough of the campaign it's great. Actually trying to manipulate the system though, problematic. Dudes dying before you can do anything, other guys interfering.....getting all the warchiefs awesome was more work than I ultimately felt like going through.

Still a good game though, makes for amazing screenshots thanks to the screenshot tool.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: July 06, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

It's Shadows of Arkham. More like B'man than AssCreed.

Like, the combat system is a straight rip from Arkham.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: July 06, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »

Which more or less came from AC. But I'll give it to you, it's as easily any of those two games.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: July 06, 2016, 09:56:45 pm »

Assassin's Creed has no combat system. All you do is hold block and ocassionally hit the attack button.

There is pretty much no similarity between Arkham combat and AC combat, beyond the existence of fighting in the games.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: July 06, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »

And yet the AC series (at least ACII) has a much more confusing control scheme than Arkham Asylum/City, iirc.

P.S. Of the AC games, I only played ACII and ACII:Brotherhood
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: July 06, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »

And yet the AC series (at least ACII) has a much more confusing control scheme than Arkham Asylum/City, iirc.

Nothing changes for combat, afair. I think they maybe added bits after ACIII, but not much. All the AC games play more or less the same.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: July 06, 2016, 10:28:43 pm »

Mordor Region: Shadows of Arkham
'Gotta catch em all.'

I hope more people runs wild with these sort of system.  Like the later MGS games.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: July 06, 2016, 10:41:32 pm »

Nothing changes for combat, afair. I think they maybe added bits after ACIII, but not much. All the AC games play more or less the same.
Except for the pirate game, where you can interrupt the non-combat with boat pewpew and delay the non-pirating by not getting on with it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: July 11, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (-75%) and Road Redemption (-30%) are on sale right now. What's your opinion?
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1134