Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454966 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13275 on: July 01, 2016, 05:18:09 am »

System Shock 2 is on sale at 50%
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: July 01, 2016, 07:23:14 am »

The Achron sale is also for two copies: Basically $2 for 2.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:04 am »

I got Invisible Inc. early on in the Steam Sale and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking about buying the Contingency Plan DLC for it, and I was wondering if you all recommended it.

Picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for $5 each, both GOTY editions. About an hour into Asylum so far, and it's definitely a winner.

Also, the sexiest incarnation of Harley Quinn I've ever seen.
City is one of my favorite games, although Arkham Asylum is pretty close.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: July 01, 2016, 11:02:10 am »

I got Invisible Inc. early on in the Steam Sale and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking about buying the Contingency Plan DLC for it, and I was wondering if you all recommended it.

Picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for $5 each, both GOTY editions. About an hour into Asylum so far, and it's definitely a winner.

Also, the sexiest incarnation of Harley Quinn I've ever seen.
City is one of my favorite games, although Arkham Asylum is pretty close.

I have just finished playing through Arkham Knight. Story wise and gameplay it's very good. However, there are lingering problems with the game and I was having crashes due to various DLL files and so on. Fixed that by noting which files it was looking for and placing them in the Arkham Knight folder.
The crashes tended to happen when I was grappling and there was another suggestion somewhere for AMD video card uses to turn on "Virtual Super Resolution" in the Radeon Settings, Display section.

I would consider Arkham City the best out of all of them, Arkham Knight and Asylum pretty much equal and Origins last. I really liked the story in Origins but it lacks the same attention to small details and references as well as small bugs here and there (gaps in buildings, physics bugs with ragdolling mooks).

They're still all really great games though. Certainly the best superhero games I've played and I'm looking forward to what Rocksteady have planned next. From references it might be a Superman game and out of any companies I'd like Rocksteady to tackle that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: July 01, 2016, 11:10:19 am »

I'm thinking I'll pick up CKII while it's on sale. Should I invest in DLC right off the bat, or should I wait until I've gotten a feel for the base game? In the case of the former, which ones are worth picking up?
-snip-
They're still all really great games though. Certainly the best superhero games I've played and I'm looking forward to what Rocksteady have planned next. From references it might be a Superman game and out of any companies I'd like Rocksteady to tackle that.
We all know that Titus Entertainment is the only company to do Superman right :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: July 01, 2016, 11:13:12 am »

Since we're talking a bout Batman games I picked up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and have been enjoying that. I've never played the Batman games but apparently the combat is very similar. Game seems pretty short though, my progress says I've already done 19 out of 20 story missions, but I already have 20+ hours in it just playing the game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: July 01, 2016, 11:16:00 am »

CKII: yes

DLC: Old Gods, Charlemagne, Way of Life, Sword of Islam and Rajas of India. Horse Lords for nomads, but you need to kinda understand the game a bit before trying them. I haven't got Conclave, but that makes your council a bit more interesting.

Link, in case I missed anything. Sunset Invasion is... controversial. I don't like it, but it adds an extra dimension of challenge if you start on the West of the map.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13282 on: July 01, 2016, 11:17:38 am »

Legacy of Rome DLC adds in the retinues doesn't it? That's a pretty important mechanic now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: July 01, 2016, 11:57:59 am »

Since we're talking a bout Batman games I picked up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and have been enjoying that. I've never played the Batman games but apparently the combat is very similar. Game seems pretty short though, my progress says I've already done 19 out of 20 story missions, but I already have 20+ hours in it just playing the game.
Shadow of Mordor isn't about the story, its about hunting down that asshole orc who killed you last time and punching him and all his followers in the face. With a sword.

Or branding them to serve you so you can send them at your other enemies. Fun game.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »

Shadow of Mordor isn't about the story, its about hunting down that asshole orc who killed you last time and punching him and all his followers in the face. With a sword.

Or branding them to serve you so you can send them at your other enemies. Fun game.
This is relevant.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: July 01, 2016, 12:05:15 pm »

And then, after you think he's dead... turns out he's not. Except he's got a hook for a hand now and is very much pissed at you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: July 01, 2016, 12:12:37 pm »

CKII: yes

DLC: Old Gods, Charlemagne, Way of Life, Sword of Islam and Rajas of India. Horse Lords for nomads, but you need to kinda understand the game a bit before trying them. I haven't got Conclave, but that makes your council a bit more interesting.

Link, in case I missed anything. Sunset Invasion is... controversial. I don't like it, but it adds an extra dimension of challenge if you start on the West of the map.
And to be fair, you can disable Sunset Invasion (and any DLC) when starting the game.  But yeah.  I actually like the concept, but it's completely ahistorical and the mechanics are a bit questionable.

I picked up the Conclave and I'm excited to get back in the game soon.  705 hours O_o  That might be the most I have in anything, actually.  (A lot of that wasn't playtime though, since it's an easy game to pause and come back to).

Last I played, retinues were somewhat nerfed...  But they're still basically necessary to run any sort of large kingdom.  They remove a lot of tedium in that situation.  I think having a large retinue lowers your ability to raise soldiers directly from your holdings, but my personal holdings were irrelevant anyway past a point (retinue size is based on your entire realm, including what your vassals control).

Legacy of Rome:  Vital for revenues, adds a lot of cool Byzantine stuff
Old Gods: Best "play as something else", because being a pagan is fun (and often easy).  Being a pagan makes the game much more like a typical strategy game instead of worrying about "casus belli".
The Republic: Like the Old Gods, trade republics are very different from a normal playthrough.  Less war more power.

Way of Life:  Adds a lot of personal events, very solid DLC.  Bit "OP" in that it offers a lot of new abilities to characters who choose a specialization.  NPCs get the abilities too though.

If you're picking three I'd go Rome, Way of Life, and Old Gods or Republic
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: July 01, 2016, 12:14:38 pm »

Yes this is the impression I'm getting. I breezed through most of the story without issues, only died maybe 3-4 times to uruks (playing on a PS4 controller puts you at a disadvantage with the Xbox button prompts. "Press X" it says. Nope, wrong X.) and now I'm basically just letting myself die to certain enemies to power them up for the runes they'll drop once I do kill them.

I don't understand what determines if you permanently kill (behead) an orc or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose to do so. Very annoying on enemies that are immune to stealth, melee, and ranged.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: July 01, 2016, 12:30:30 pm »

Shadow of Mordor also has a surprising amount of replay value, at least for me, with the DLC-provided "challenge" modes.  They occasionally add more, too.  I particularly enjoyed the new one where you're one of the mortal NPCs.  Only 1 life, a bonus for not branding, and basically need to kill as many captains as possible.

It sounds simplistic, but I love modes like this (or the tower in Zeno Clash) where I'm dropped in the open world with a clear goal and a timer.  Lot more exciting than hunting collectibles (though the game does that well too, they're voice acted and tell a surprisingly chilling story).

I don't understand what determines if you permanently kill (behead) an orc or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose to do so. Very annoying on enemies that are immune to stealth, melee, and ranged.
Same.  My main disappointment with the game is that I can't really spare them without branding them.  I'd love to pick some poor orc and treat him like a JRPG hero.  Keep showing up and beating him up, throwing him off cliffs, destroying all he holds dear, until one day he's a mighty warchief with a party of oddball friends with attitude.  They'll face me together, and he can remind me of some of the ways I wronged him (I probably won't remember, he's just some orc!).

Nnn, I need that.  It's really pretty close to that, just random.
Also there's a sorta-spoiler in the main quest, I know.  But I'd like to do it in freeroaming, I completed the main quest ages ago.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: July 01, 2016, 12:36:03 pm »

Same.  My main disappointment with the game is that I can't really spare them without branding them.  I'd love to pick some poor orc and treat him like a JRPG hero.  Keep showing up and beating him up, throwing him off cliffs, destroying all he holds dear, until one day he's a mighty warchief with a party of oddball friends with attitude.  They'll face me together, and he can remind me of some of the ways I wronged him (I probably won't remember, he's just some orc!).
You can, actually. If an orc survives a fight with you, they'll still gain power (though not as much as if they killed you, I guess).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1134