Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454963 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13260 on: June 30, 2016, 01:18:50 am »

The economy is 't all that well simulated. Aren't the prices randomly fluctuated?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: June 30, 2016, 01:32:55 am »

The economy is 't all that well simulated. Aren't the prices randomly fluctuated?
I'm pretty sure there is supply and simulated demand.  Prices do go up and down based on availability if I remember correctly, its not a problem if they add a further random variable to the pricing.

Though, there are a whole buncha citizens... greater houses(active rivals), smaller houses, employees and a larger simulated population.  So yea, I think its well simulated.  I can believe that smaller houses and the rest of the simulated population could be doing a lotta shopping.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: June 30, 2016, 07:52:47 am »

1979 Revolution: Black Friday has fairly good reviews and is 50% off. At $6 or $8, I decided to just go for it. Maybe I'll learn something.

According to the developer, it's an attempt to tell the story of the 1979 Iranian revolution without taking sides. This has led to it getting banned in Iran and US-based Iranian groups dropping support due to the dev not telling the "right" story.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:05 am »

According to the developer, it's an attempt to tell the story of the 1979 Iranian revolution without taking sides. This has led to it getting banned in Iran and US-based Iranian groups dropping support due to the dev not telling the "right" story.

... lol
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:14 am »

... lol

Very profound. Mind expanding on that?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13265 on: June 30, 2016, 09:37:12 am »

You should know better than to expect actual discussion here

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: June 30, 2016, 10:18:38 am »

... lol

Very profound. Mind expanding on that?

How about "That is hilarious, and exactly what I'd expect!"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13267 on: June 30, 2016, 10:40:01 am »

I'm still on the fence if I should pick up Age of Empire II HD, or bite the pack that includes AOE III+ all the others.

So AoE3 is a decent game on its own merits, but in many ways it doesn't feel like age of empires. It also has some immense balance issues in the expansions.

AoE2 HD is a bit of a buggy mess at times, but the expansion content is nice and there's a decent player base. You could just get Voobly for the original though, which is generally more stable and more competitive, but lacks the shiny new stuff.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: June 30, 2016, 10:49:02 am »

How about "That is hilarious, and exactly what I'd expect!"

Apologies. I misinterpreted it in a way I can't quite explain.

Carry on with discount-related shenanigans.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: June 30, 2016, 12:19:30 pm »

I installed Space Pirates and Zombies 1 last night and still trying to get the hang of it, specially learning about the different upgrades.  Not a bad game for under $5.

I am still staring at my wishlist of under $5, which include Age of Empire II.  I am not sure if that single one is the HD version, or if the HD version is from the bundle.

A few others I'm just waiting for something to bite it: Torchlight 2?, Stronghold something, Dead State.

I still play Guild 2: Renaissance, and re-roll several class combo.  Trying to get into politics but I end up just watching old LPs in YT instead.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: June 30, 2016, 01:32:42 pm »

The HD version is the only version of the game on steam.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for $5 each, both GOTY editions. About an hour into Asylum so far, and it's definitely a winner.

Also, the sexiest incarnation of Harley Quinn I've ever seen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: July 01, 2016, 02:27:54 am »

Torchlight 2?

Shallow, samey, and sometimes buggy. Combat is stiff. I had at least one character attain unplayability because a script failed to trigger during the main quest, permanently refusing to lower a gate I needed to pass to continue.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: July 01, 2016, 03:26:28 am »

Picked up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City for $5 each, both GOTY editions. About an hour into Asylum so far, and it's definitely a winner.

Also, the sexiest incarnation of Harley Quinn I've ever seen.

liked asylum very much, city so so, didn't try the new one but I guess it's even more of the same.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: July 01, 2016, 05:03:53 am »

oh, achron is at -90%@2$ http://store.steampowered.com/app/109700/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_14

only rts to get time travel right, not the cooolest units and backstory, but the mechanic has to be seen because it's unbelievable.

gun metal is quite cheap as well if you like transforming mecha combat it ain't bad, the only critic I have is that it's too damn short
http://store.steampowered.com/app/267920/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_276

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1134