Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455067 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13230 on: June 26, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »

Out of curiosity, what are some of the good expansions for Sims 3? I may buy it and a few of them.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: June 26, 2016, 11:04:12 pm »

I looked at the items and furniture they added to determine whether I would get them or not. I own World Adventures and Ambitions, one for the country themed sets and Ambitions for the extra jobs.

One to be aware of is the Supernatural one. It adds zombies which autonomously turn other Sims into zombies. Annoying if you don't want that and you can't turn it off from what I've read.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:43 am »

I looked at the items and furniture they added to determine whether I would get them or not. I own World Adventures and Ambitions, one for the country themed sets and Ambitions for the extra jobs.

One to be aware of is the Supernatural one. It adds zombies which autonomously turn other Sims into zombies. Annoying if you don't want that and you can't turn it off from what I've read.
Thankfully, mods exist if you really wanted the other features of Supernatural (alchemy, magic, multiple alternate lifestates, or the usual additions such as furniture and items).  If I recall properly, I used this one.  Patch warning aside, it appears to still function properly according to user feedback, which jibes with my own experiences.  It is rather irritating, though, that it had to be done via mod - you can deactivate certain other sim types or features (most notably the celebrity system of Showtime, which had the unfortunate tendency to take over neighborhoods), but not zombies in the base game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:43:30 am by Culise »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: June 27, 2016, 01:17:01 am »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328740/

bit odissey (star treck 8bitish game) is at 0.99

it seems deep enough but I didn't do more than a short foray.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: June 27, 2016, 01:38:05 am »

Out of curiosity, what are some of the good expansions for Sims 3? I may buy it and a few of them.
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats :P

Seriously though, Ambitions and Seasons are cool since they are all content that you will get to use basically all the time rather than having to go somewhere, like the vacation, future, university and other vacation packs. Generations and Supernatural technically do too, but I haven't played either, and the latter is rather intrusive from what I heard.

Future pack is rather cheaty apparently, and Showtime is a half-assed cash-in for people who missed the memo that Late Night already allows you to gig as a band on top of adding other content.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: June 27, 2016, 03:02:17 am »

Oh hey, Reassembly is 50% off.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:34 am »

Reassembly was fun, wanted it for a while, but "finished" it quite quickly - there is a graphic improvement mod and a faction mod that allows you to use the parts of all factions and a cap remover, all very nice. Fun game, worth the price currently I'd say.

Sadly, it lacks a little in replay value and could have used a newgame+ or something along those lines. Currently you have the "hard" struggle at the start, then once you got some cash you can straight up escalate rapidly. Ended up with what is basically a gigantic street sweeper made of spikes just ramming over the universe and murdering other player-fleets before they can fire more then a small volley.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: June 27, 2016, 07:12:08 am »

Sims 3 has plants that you can grow and Supernatural adds zombies. Can you think of any other now-owned-by-EA game that has those two features?

Without carefully cordoning off your plants, modding/cheating, or going out and finding the peashooter on the Sims 3 store, zombies will eat all of your plants.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13238 on: June 27, 2016, 07:18:56 am »

Using testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the mail box.  You get an option to control supernaturals.  Then you get an option to add or remove supernaturals.  Zombies are on the list

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: June 27, 2016, 07:58:47 am »

Using testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the mail box.  You get an option to control supernaturals.  Then you get an option to add or remove supernaturals.  Zombies are on the list
I think they actually added zombie control to normal options in some patch.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: June 27, 2016, 08:39:46 am »

Your best bet is actually going with NRaas. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ The mods in that will fix the game in oh so many ways.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: June 27, 2016, 09:34:40 am »

My Friday to Sunday day off, I bought some Steam sales.
Creeper 3 was some fun time sink, but then I got stuck in the world where you need energy and shield tech.

I bought about $20 worth of a bunch of less than $5 games also. 

I played a lot of Guild 2: The Renaissance.  I initially keep getting a black screen. I fixed it by editing the config file and set the show intro to false. 
And there's plenty of YT let's play that includes some opening strats for scholar, patron, craftsman, and rogue by "My Dry Bread" something.

Crap, I installed another space game (edit: Cosmonautica), where you start with a ship, buy upgrades, (hire pilot, cleaner, repairer, shooter, cook, science), and do trades or missions within the inner planets.  I still need to research to learn how to travel to mid, and outer rim planets. 

I picked up Space Pirates and Zombies SPAZ 1, Orcs Will Die 2, and a few more.

I'm still on the fence if I should pick up Age of Empire II HD, or bite the pack that includes AOE III+ all the others.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:41:41 pm by Sanctume »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:15 am »

Bought the EA Racing Pack because I've never played Burnout and have fond memories of Underground and Hot Pursuit. Dumb me didn't read the fine print on Shift 2. I'm now pondering returning the entire thing (if packs can be returned) and just purchasing Burnout (1.3 hours in so no problem there).

Yeah, yeah, EA rabble rabble. Save it.

In any case, Burnout has been pretty amazing so far. I haven't played a racing game in ages and the damage model was unexpected. If it interests you and you live under a rock like I must be doing, might as well check it out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: June 27, 2016, 11:05:45 am »

I've always considered Burnout games less racing games, and more crash simulator games. The racing is enjoyable enough, it's just not super technical.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: June 27, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »

Decided to go with Pets, Ambitions, and Cats.

So now I can have literal Catwoman if I really wanted.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1134